Beautiful Blues 11/15/10

Options

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    We had snow here today--I guess it is January! Not for long though. Our highs this week are going to be in the 20s so I guess we are in for it.

My son (3 years old) has been diego, a dog or a lizard lately. I never know which one he is. It is a very cute stage... I made a texas cake tonight and it had to be a Diego cake, or he was angry!

Keep up the great work. I got a bunch of fruit and vegies over the weekend so now I am trying to use them up. Yummy...
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    We have no water AGAIN, the wind chill is 25 below, it is nasty out, and I can't believe that we seem to be the only school in the state not canceled! I don't want to go to work!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Debnu- thank you for asking, Debnu. I'm doing good, just really busy with work and school. I'm pushing to find the balance again and rejoin you guys. I miss you all!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    So Mary-how is Buzz?! Have him zap the water for ya.

Mayra-glad to hear you're good.. I've struggled with finding the balance until past 3 weeks and I seem to be on a roll again.

Deb-stay warm...BBRRRR

We've got very mild temps and rain - over the weekend we had up to 67...it was amazing! Now back to mid 40s but better than 20s for sure.

Need more water intake - definitely where I am faultering right now.
  • msh0530
    Options
    If only my Buzz had superpowers besides the ability to reduce a roomful of adults to laughter! He has a new habit - when he is told to do something (like if I say "You need to pick up that toy you just threw"), he looks at you, smiles, and politely says, "No, thank you." How do you respond to such politeness in a two year old??

Mayra and Chrissy - I too have just regained my balance in the last few weeks. We can do this together!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Balance is the hardest thing to maintain I have decided!

Mayra I am glad you are doing well. Good luck with everything.

Wind chill was negative9 today. AHHHH I don't want to go anywhere. Mary I think you should stay home tooo!

I have been tracking what I eat on paper--with my blood sugars, since I am officially gestational Diabetic again. It sure has been hard to watch my eating this time. I don't know why it feels that much harder.

Have a wonderful day and stay warm everyone!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi Blues,

Tonight we are supposed to be getting on bad storm which means more snowshovelling for me. I'm hoping we don't get it because I don't like the cold weather but it is inevitable.

I'm slowly getting back on the bandwagon of work, working out and eating properly. It's been hard getting back in the routine but it's slowly coming around.
  • msh0530
    Options
    I saw a new to me Thomas Edison quote that I really like: "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. " I love it!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Mary-love the quote!

Ultimate-we all seem to be getting back to it! I am in week 3 of truly doing what I gotta do, again!

Stay warm all you snow bunnies!
    I walked/jogged at lunchtime - 50+ but REALLY windy...like push thru a wall windy. But the sun felt great!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hey all...Hope you are doing well. I'm down in my back and went to a chiropractor for the first time on Monday. I was terribly sore yesterday but today was the worst. I could barely walk this a.m. We ate at the Paula Deen restaurant in Cherokee, NC on Tuesday for our date day and I was sooo sick by the time we got back home. I had shaking chills with vomiting and diarrhea and passed out in the hallway. Not sure if I ate something bad or I'm getting the flu. I had a rough night. Hopefully tonight will be better, still feeling cruddy. I have missed my exercise class all week due to my back. I am going to my M.D. tomorrow to have it x-rayed and will go from there. TTYL.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hate you weren't able to enjoy your meal-we really liked it when we ate there.
    Feel better!!!!

Heading out for a run/walk. Trying to build back to some real miles.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I love the quote from Edison too, Mary. It is good to have something to inspire you! I am planning how I am going to exercise once the baby comes...It isn't going to be easy, I know it. I am going to wait til evening instead of trying to get it done before the house wakes up...I burned myself out trying to exercise at 5 am last year. It'll be more difficult because I know I am more prone to procrastination. What do you guys do to be sure to get it in, or what works for you?

I lost 2 lbs the last 2 weeks--actually following a diet makes a difference. Go figure....:wink:
  • msh0530
    Options
    Well, my pipes finally thawed out last night, but they broke, so still no water. My husband took today off to find a plumber, so here's hoping for running water that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I guess I'll see when I get home from work, but not real sure that it will get done today.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Yay for water Mary!!

Deb-it's always hard to work it in-maybe walks with the stroller might work. MANY times, I don't work out til 8 or 9 pm and just do a DVD. I seem to still sleep ok but I know many who can't do it so late.

Lost 1 pound this week....will be over my calories a little today (less than 100) for date night with hubby-well worth it! If it weren't a rest day I'd be ok but my hips need some rest badly. First day in a couple weeks that I'll be over - I can live with that!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Just got home from work. Husband says a plumber came by, but he had bad knees and didn't want to crawl under our house, so he left. He couldn't guarantee anyone else would show up today because so many people had these problems today from the thaw after the extreme cold. I hope they come soon!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi blues,

It's been a pretty busy week but I like it. My trip is approaching quite fast and I'm starting to feel the lack of exercise.

I would like to offer helping out with the chart this time just so that I can get myself back on track as well if you guys would like to do it. I could start with week one again and have the weigh ins on Fridays again. Let me know what you think.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi blues,

It's been a pretty busy week but I like it. My trip is approaching quite fast and I'm starting to feel the lack of exercise.

I would like to offer helping out with the chart this time just so that I can get myself back on track as well if you guys would like to do it. I could start with week one again and have the weigh ins on Fridays again. Let me know what you think.

Sounds great to me if you have time to do it.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Okay, time to update you all: I logged my food over the weekend, but didn't have time or energy to get on the message boards. And now for the answer to the question you are all asking, does Mary have water? And the answer is - - - - drum roll please - - - No! And the answer to Is Mary happy with this? Once again, I must say No!
    After the plumber with a bad leg showed up and wouldn't fix it, my husband (who had called in sick to work so that he could be there when they came) continued to wait. After I got home, at 5:00, I finally asked him to call the company again so that we knew if they were actually coming, as we needed to leave and couldn't. He called, and got a very grouchy man who said "Well, I'm sure that you were told to call around and find someone else to fix it!" Mind you, this was 5:00 on a Friday, and no, we hadn't been told this. We live in small town America, and no one will come on a weekend unless it is an extreme emergency, so we were stuck. This morning he called them again, and was told that the only local man that they had for the job was the one with a bad leg, and we will have to wait until tomorrow, when someone can drive over from a town 25 miles away. I could live with this if I were sure that they would come then, but we have another storm coming in tonight, and it is supposed to snow all day tomorrow, and once again be ungodly cold. I am afraid that they will cancel on us, but really don't have any good choices at this point. I am sick to death of trying to eat without being able to do dishes, and I am almost out of clean laundry. My house looks like a bad episode of a reality tv show about people who never clean. But enough of that, I just keep reminding myself of those underprivileged people who have no water on a daily basis and struggle to find food and shelter. I am grateful that this is only temporary, and I have friends and family who will help me out.
    I have also been ill. I have a sinus infection that has stayed with me for six weeks. I went back to the dr. who put me back on an antibiotic. The trouble is that the antibiotic interacts with my diabetes medication, and I have to keep eating or my blood sugar bottoms out, so I have struggled to find a balance with a healthy diet.

That being said, here is the GOOD (and I do mean good) news: I have lost a pound! I am calling this the "victory pound!" It is the first loss that I have had in a year! (I hope it's a beginning, and not just a fluke.)

I hope that the rest of you are doing well. Sorry about my rambling post. I suppose that I had better get to work and do something that I am getting paid for. Have a great Monday - I know that one is in my plans!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Hi blues,

Sounds great to me if you have time to do it.

I agree.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Friday date night and superbowl sunday I was over on calories. Did great Saturday and doing great today.Working on water....40 so far with 16 more almost gone

Mary uGGH what a pain-sending you water thry cyber waves!