Beautiful Blues 11/15/10

Options

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I also wish everyone a great day today! We have been dealing with ice here, and I hate slick roads and sidewalks. At least the sun is shining today, even though it is only 15 degrees out, so life is looking up. I have just been feeling cold and incredibly lazy, but need to get going. Happy Thursday, all!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    We have been in the 40s and 50s here, so much for snow! I hope everyone is doing well! I have gotten so behind on house work it is pathetic--but I have been exercising 20 min a couple times a week. It feels great!

Stay strong!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Tried two yummy new recipes tonight. I cut my pork chops to 4 ounces, used chicken broth, and used light salad dressing, cutting the calories by almost half. The peas were good also - my husband doesn't even like frozen peas and went back for seconds.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Italian-Pork-Chops-3
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Green-Peas-with-Onion
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Evening Blues,

It's been a while since I've last checked in.

I just started a new co-op job at the beginning of the month so I've been trying to get back into correct eating habits. I find that with the holidays, I could eat all day long. Well now I have to get back on track majorly, I've gained between 5 and 10 pounds and I don't want to gain more. I keep thinking about my trip next month and how I want to get in better shape for it.

I went out and tried hockey last Saturday and had a blast. I'm going to go again tomorrow and hopefully I'll do better than the last time. I'm still trying to learn how to stop :P
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Just finished 35 minutes of Jillian Michael's banish fat, boost metabolism. Off to get ready for work. Have an awesome day, all!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I'm back on track with exercise but still struggling with my eating habits. I am getting groceries today and plan to stock up on healthier foods. All the junk food is about gone (thanks to me) so now we can start fresh. I am going tomorrow to take the entrance exam for our local community college. I'm considering a course to become a licensed massage therapist. My job as a medical transcriptionist is in danger due to doctors switching to EMR (electronic medical records), which will eventually eliminate the medical transcriptionist and put all medical files on computers. It has been a long time coming and I have decided to get started on another career before I find myself unemployed and not skilled to do anything else. Hope you all have a great day. TTYL.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    hello strangers!!!

I have been doing better for at least the last week...no splurge over the weekend and I did exercise 3 days last week (BL Last Chance, 1 hour walk, 5.5 mile walk with 1 mile of it as a jog). I reset my ticker to be honest with myself and ever since, it's like magic-I know what I have to do!

Hoping to walk/run this evening with hubby before our son gets done with basketball practice.

Here's to a great week for everyone....:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • tamelab
    Options
    hello strangers!!!

I have been doing better for at least the last week...no splurge over the weekend and I did exercise 3 days last week (BL Last Chance, 1 hour walk, 5.5 mile walk with 1 mile of it as a jog). I reset my ticker to be honest with myself and ever since, it's like magic-I know what I have to do!

Hoping to walk/run this evening with hubby before our son gets done with basketball practice.

Here's to a great week for everyone....:drinker: :flowerforyou:

I am right there with you. I will weigh in the morning and reset my ticker. Time to stop pretending that nothing has changed and time to do something about it! Thanks for the push:wink:
  • msh0530
    Options
    I reset mine a couple of weeks ago, but still no progress. But - tomorrow is another day!
  • tamelab
    Options
    OK...Reset my ticker. Now to get my rear in gear. Had a tooth filled this morning and can't eat. Hey maybe that is a plan:laugh: Hope you all have a healthy day!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Previously, I started my comeback by committing to log my food again, and have done fairly well with that for the last couple of weeks. As of today, I am adding the next step - logging at least 75 minutes of exercise each week. Hopefully this will finally make my ticker move in the right direction. Wish me luck!

Here's to smart choices!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Previously, I started my comeback by committing to log my food again, and have done fairly well with that for the last couple of weeks. As of today, I am adding the next step - logging at least 75 minutes of exercise each week. Hopefully this will finally make my ticker move in the right direction. Wish me luck!

Here's to smart choices!

Mary - break it up into 15m at a time for now....you'll be building before you know it! and it's a whole lot easier to find just 15 minutes at a time!

HUGS to you all today!

Tammy-I hate re-losing BUT it's better than staying on the track of gaining back!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi Blues,

So I've got to get back into the habit of logging. I'm now on co-op at a desk job so I could spend almost all day snacking which isn't that good. I'm slowly getting back into the habit. The lack of exercise has started to bother me a bit but I'm doing what I can. My one friend (whose working with me) sits beside me so I convince him to take the stairs with me when we are coming and going from our floor. I am hopefully starting up with some more ultimate in February but on a good note, I have signed up for two more nights of ultimate in March.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Did Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout Last night...it's a great workout. Stayed in calories too. Good day overall!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good morning...I'm off to bootcamp. I am going to SCC to take the entrance exam today and I would appreciate any prayers you can send my way. 20+ years is a looong time to be out of school. I'm excited but scared at the same time. Hopefully I will score high enough so I don't have to take an extra math class. I have always hated math:grumble: If all that falls in line, then I have to see if I can afford to go back. I told my husband we may have to sell one of the boys:laugh: Hope you all have a great day!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Good morning...I'm off to bootcamp. I am going to SCC to take the entrance exam today and I would appreciate any prayers you can send my way. 20+ years is a looong time to be out of school. I'm excited but scared at the same time. Hopefully I will score high enough so I don't have to take an extra math class. I have always hated math:grumble: If all that falls in line, then I have to see if I can afford to go back. I told my husband we may have to sell one of the boys:laugh: Hope you all have a great day!

We got our first payment for this year's college for Baylee...WOO HOO! Thrilled!
  • tamelab
    Options

We got our first payment for this year's college for Baylee...WOO HOO! Thrilled!

Ouch! Not looking forward to that part of college for our boys either. We are praying for big scholarships or they will be going locally and staying at home. Maybe SCC will let me pay off this one year course over a period of 13 years :laugh: Then I could probably afford it!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Fed Loan is spread way out....from 2/10/11 to 12/10/2020.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Glad to hear you all are doing fine today. I will pray for the return to school. I wish I could help you with your math - that is what I spend much of my day doing, helping high school students with math. So far today, I have explained proportions, setting up inequalities from story problems, the converse of the fundamental theorem of variations, how to solve quadratic inequalities, and how to find the last two digits of 4 to the 2001st power.
    I am doing fine - still plugging away at getting back on track. Really good day yesterday staying focused. Hope for another one today. Here's to smart choices!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    It is good to see talking on the board again! I have been fighting emotional eating the last few days as my husband is out of town at a business conference. The pregnancy hormones aren't helping at all! Keep up the awesome work and remember every day is a new day--and it is never too late to start. You can reset your day at anytime...