Beautiful Blues 11/15/10

Options

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Smadag, keep it up! Even if you just march in place for a few minutes it is better than nothing! (5 min everytime you go to the bathroom) :bigsmile: It will make a big difference. The little things add up!

I think I am coming down with a head cold. So not fun! My throat is very scratchy today after not sleeping due to drainage. sorry--probably TMI.

I got my thyroid meds upped yesterday--which is wonderful because I sure have been down and blah lately. Hopefully I will start feeling like myself again soon...

Keep up the great work!

Hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey all checking in real quick. I was sent to Florida a couple days ago and now i am headed to meet my trainer and get this thing started. I have been taking the stairs to the 4th floor in the hotel i have been in for the last couple days so I am proud of myself for that but I know I am going to have to find a way to keep upi some physical activity while I am on the road.

Hope yall are doing good I will check in again when I get a chance.

Glad things are getting started for you. Great job on squeezing in some exercise. Every little bit helps. I have a friend who does "toilet squats." I know, not a very good mental image but she says she is already squatting anyway:laugh: Travel safely.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes but right now I am not sure what I am doing right now I am just so scared and not sure I can do it.
    Right now I just want to go home and find something else but I am not a quiter so I am going to push past these feeling and do what I have to to get the job done and get myself trained.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'll be catching up with posts soon, right now I'm going to work on a class I'll be teaching tomorrow at church.

Here's our chart for this week everybody. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Week11.jpg
  • smadag1
    Options
    Having a better day today, it is amazing what my hubby will do for me. He is going to try to come see me in Georgia before I have to head to New England to finish my training for 6 weeks and MIGHT drive up there to see me over Christmas (that I will have to wait and see since money is real tight right now)
    I am think I might get a kettle ball and see if I can do that while in the truck I have increased my water and am watching closely what I eat and how my cloths fit

Congrats to all who had loses this week you all are doing great
  • tamelab
    Options
    Having a better day today, it is amazing what my hubby will do for me. He is going to try to come see me in Georgia before I have to head to New England to finish my training for 6 weeks and MIGHT drive up there to see me over Christmas (that I will have to wait and see since money is real tight right now)
    I am think I might get a kettle ball and see if I can do that while in the truck I have increased my water and am watching closely what I eat and how my cloths fit

Congrats to all who had loses this week you all are doing great
    Glad things are going better for you. Keep up the great work!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Good morning all,

So excited to be on school break now and ready to hit the road running again with my workouts.

Have an awesome day, all!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Hope you are doing well. I came down with laryngitis this morning--yay. I think I will just take the day off now. We have had really bad smog around here so I was attributing my symptoms to that. But apparently it was a head cold that has now hit my chest. Just what I needed...:noway: :grumble: My husband is going to bring me soup for lunch though. That is a bonus. I hate being sick! Take care of yourselves! We had a great birthday weekend for the kids, and now I have a party to prepare for my daughter on Wednesday. It will be a lot of fun, I just hope I am feeling better by then.

Have a great day!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi Blues,

Sorry I've been mia lately. I've hit exam period so I am going to continue to be mia for the next couple of weeks. Thankfully, my weight has remained roughly the same and I hope that it stays that way over the next couple of weeks. I have to avoid stress eating.
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am trying to figure out how to workout in a hotel with no workout gear. I think I have figured out what to take in the truck to atleast get some fruits and veggies in my diet. I can take those little fruit cups and I think I have seen some small cans of veggies that I can eat without heating up so I can try to get some fruits and veggies in my diet plus some special K bars for breakfast.

I hope yall are doing great
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi guys...Sorry I've been MIA, work was heavy yesterday. I typed til after 5:30 and I have a 2:00 deadline. Better not repeat that one too often or I may be jobless. I have 2 more days of my class and then it is either 5 am Insanity class or on my own til January 10. My son and I are supposed to start P90X but haven't yet. I'm just no good at exercising at home. I need structure and accountability. I'll keep you posted. Had a great western omelet with Egg Beaters and a Thomas Light English muffin for breakfast and am ready to get started. Have a fabulous day!

Debnu...Hope you feel better soon. My family would love for me to get laryngitis :laugh:

Smadag...You are doing great. Keep up the good work and the positive attitude. Little changes make a big difference.

Ultimate...Hiya, good luck with exams.

Maylan...Enjoy your break.

Talk to y'all later. Sorry, I don't know everyone's real names.
  • smadag1
    Options
    OK peeps I am issuing myself a personal challange. I am challanging myself to lose 5 pounds by the end of the year and 5 more by the time I am done with my training in 3weeks after that. I will see my hubby for the last time this weekend before I finish my training in New England and I want to surprise him when I came back home with a loss. I am not sure how I am going to do this but I am determined to do this and I figure if I can learn to drive a semi and be gone from home for almost 3 months than I can figure out how to lose wweight on the road.
  • tamelab
    Options
    OK peeps I am issuing myself a personal challange. I am challanging myself to lose 5 pounds by the end of the year and 5 more by the time I am done with my training in 3weeks after that. I will see my hubby for the last time this weekend before I finish my training in New England and I want to surprise him when I came back home with a loss. I am not sure how I am going to do this but I am determined to do this and I figure if I can learn to drive a semi and be gone from home for almost 3 months than I can figure out how to lose wweight on the road.

You can do it:happy:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...I just finished chest and back day 1 of P90X plus the Ab Ripper X with my oldest son. We burned about 375 cals in an hour, which is not too bad, but I sure hate push-up day:grumble: He is going to do it with me while my class is on break until January 10. Hopefully we can stick with it. I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

Have a good night.
  • smadag1
    Options
    Hi all...I just finished chest and back day 1 of P90X plus the Ab Ripper X with my oldest son. We burned about 375 cals in an hour, which is not too bad, but I sure hate push-up day:grumble: He is going to do it with me while my class is on break until January 10. Hopefully we can stick with it. I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

Have a good night.

Good luck you can do it. I enjoyed P90X while I did it but I wish I had a friend to do it with to help keep me motivated
  • debnu1
    Options
    I loved p90x too, just got burned out by getting up too early to do it and not having a buddy made it harder to complete. I am going to do it again after baby of course.

I am having a really hard time with wanting to eat well. I know I need to do it but all the chocolate is calling me! I don't even remember how I used to just not eat it! How are all of you coping with the holiday treats?

We had my daughter's friend party yesterday. Every girl she invited showed up. Boy was that a housefull. It was a great time and I think they enjoyed themselves. I just got completely worn out. I still have not quite recovered from this stupid cold and everything makes me tired anymore... I think my daughter is coming down with the cold too. Not good.

Have a great day!
  • tamelab
    Options
    I loved p90x too, just got burned out by getting up too early to do it and not having a buddy made it harder to complete. I am going to do it again after baby of course.

I am having a really hard time with wanting to eat well. I know I need to do it but all the chocolate is calling me! I don't even remember how I used to just not eat it! How are all of you coping with the holiday treats?

We had my daughter's friend party yesterday. Every girl she invited showed up. Boy was that a housefull. It was a great time and I think they enjoyed themselves. I just got completely worn out. I still have not quite recovered from this stupid cold and everything makes me tired anymore... I think my daughter is coming down with the cold too. Not good.

Have a great day!

I don't cope well with anything sweet. I try to buy things for my kids that I don't like (selfish, I know). If I have it and I like it, I know I will eat it. I have something sweet every day. I know some people tell you that you should just stay completely away from sugar, but that is my weakness and if I deprive myself then I will just pig out eventually anyway. I keep those 100 calories packs of cookies and I love those Fiber One chocolate and oats bars. They taste just like a candy bar to me and have a ton of fiber so I feel fuller. The party sounds like a success. I was tired all the time with my last pregnancy (and sick). Sorry y'all are not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi all,

I definitely don't like to feel left out in parties so I do eat some of the things on the menu, or I feel it gets worst. There's always a way to work around it. I'm done with school like I had mentioned and just getting my energy back up to start working out.

take care all and have a great day!!!
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry I've been a bit MIA, but I HAVE been working my butt off! Anyway, something strange has been happening this past week so I thought I'd run it by all of you to see if you had any ideas because you're all such wonderfully intelligent ladies and I have no insurance until the new year so a quick call to a doctor is not financially prudent (though this probably doesn't merit that anyway). So here goes...

This week I embarked on a challenge to do a different hour long workout every day and still try to maintain my 1200 calories MFP suggests for losing a lb a week. I'm only 3 lbs away from my goal and really wanted to try and jump start my body so I could reach it by New Years. So the last few days the workouts have been great, but I've been FULL. Basically I'll eat maybe a hard boiled egg and an apple for breakfast, maybe some vegetable rice for lunch and then 6:30 dinner rolls around and I'm Thanksgiving-turkey-with-all-the-trimmings-and-three-pieces-of-pie stuffed! And I'm only at MAYBE 700 cals for the day. Now I didn't plan on eating my exercise calories this week but I sure as heck planned on not starving myself and eating my normal 1200! Basically I'm forcing myself to eat tablespoons of peanut butter before bed and feeling crappy and full all night long because of it. And to add insult to injury, I GAINED a lb this week. And then my TOM came a week early, even though I'm on the pill and these things shouldn't happen.

I'm sorry to unload, I'm just frustrated that now I'll probably not hit my goal for New Years and I hate to do this in an unhealthy way and forcing myself to eat and feeling so full on so few calories does not feel healthy. I'm this for the long run and I want to make good choices. Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks ladies, and I hope your holidays are shaping up to be wonderful!

Sara
  • debnu1
    Options
    Sara, are your bowels moving? How much water are you drinking? When was the last time you splurged? I know that there are times I feel stuffed, and if I actually eat it is as though things finally got pushed through my system--currently with pregnancy it makes everything different of course. Listen to your body--What are you craving if anything? It is possible you have slowed your metabolism down. If you open up your diary it will give us a better picture of what is going on...There are a lot of posts on that around here...I will have to find some....I would suggest not stuffing yourself tell you are sick at bedtime...it isn't worth being uncomfortable at night, and besides you need your sleep to lose weight.