Beautiful Blues 11/15/10

Options

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...How are you doing? I gained 3 pounds during Christmas, I think. It is fluctuating and TOM is coming so I'm not sure how much is actually weight gain. I am back on the wagon officially today. I picked up some Healthy Choice meals and stuff to make salads. I think I ate a whole pig during Christmas. We had ham at all of our dinners. I'm going to increase my water intake this week too. Only 11 more days and my exercise class starts back. I will be so glad. I am just not disciplined enough to do it on my own. Hope you all have a healthy active day.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    hi all,

Tammy- great planning for this week and the new year. I think you're doing great!

I'm on x-mas break this week from work and am at home catching up on reading and organizing. I've been getting myself together and remembering all the important things I want in my life, like being healthy. I'm starting off slowly but it feels great to work out. I am dripping in sweat after doing 58 minutes of P90X Kenpo X. Just trying to modifying the eating because I often feel hungry.

Have an awesome day all!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...We had a big family meal last night and I blew it big time! We had cranberry meatballs, crock pot mac and cheese, sweet potatoe casserole, rolls and cherry pineapple dump cake. Whew, that is a mouthful (literally) :laugh: My step-mom and I went thrifting yesterday and had a huge buffet lunch to boot! No wonder I am heading up. I have to get back on track before I gain back everything I worked so hard to lose. So far so good today. Started my day with oatmeal and am full. I plan on Healthy Choice meals for lunch and dinner today. We are heading to Charleston, SC tomorrow for the winter carnival and to see the Christmas lights. I'm looking forward to that. That has been our yearly tradition since 1993. We missed last year due to weather :grumble: This weekend we will be taking down Christmas decorations, which will take me all weekend plus some. I'll talk to y'all next week. Have a safe and Happy New Year!

Mayra...Congrats on getting your exercise in, especially P90X. Great job!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Mayra, I am glad to hear that things are going well for you. Being on vacation is nice. I have enjoyed not having to get up early to take my daughter to school. My eating habits are horrible. I am going to have to cleanse my house of all unhealthy foods, soon.

Have a great time in SC Tammy. I love vacations!

Happy New Years everyone!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    First day of the new year and have 1 workout done. I will get another one in tomorrow before I check out of my motel. I did 60 minutes on the stationary bike and tomorrow it will be 60 minutes on the treadmill. I found that time went a little quicker reading a book. I just wish the seat on the bike was a little more comfy cause my tushy was hurting half way but I pushed past it.

I am really enjoying my new trainer she is showing me how to be healthy on the road and what things to eat and what to avoid

Sorry don't mean ramble but I don't have a lot of people to talk to in the truck

Hope yall had a great holiday and a healthy new year
  • debnu1
    Options
    smadag, I love reading while exercising. It really makes the time fly! I am so glad your new trainer is working better for you. It helps to have someone who wants to answer your questions!

Keep up the great work--and no worries....ramble all you want!:bigsmile:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Happy new year to all!

I am starting my new year with a fierce and so far I completed this morning 16 minutes of Jillian Michael's 30-day shred. I will do more workouts during lunch time at work. I got up this morning at 6:20am and I am well on my way to getting up at 5:00am.

have an awesome day all and Bring it!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy new year to all!

I am starting my new year with a fierce and so far I completed this morning 16 minutes of Jillian Michael's 30-day shred. I will do more workouts during lunch time at work. I got up this morning at 6:20am and I am well on my way to getting up at 5:00am.

have an awesome day all and Bring it!

Great job! Today is my youngest son's birthday so we are heading out for a bad meal I'm sure. Class starts back next Monday so I'm just hanging on til then.
  • tamelab
    Options
    First day of the new year and have 1 workout done. I will get another one in tomorrow before I check out of my motel. I did 60 minutes on the stationary bike and tomorrow it will be 60 minutes on the treadmill. I found that time went a little quicker reading a book. I just wish the seat on the bike was a little more comfy cause my tushy was hurting half way but I pushed past it.

I am really enjoying my new trainer she is showing me how to be healthy on the road and what things to eat and what to avoid

Sorry don't mean ramble but I don't have a lot of people to talk to in the truck

Hope yall had a great holiday and a healthy new year

Glad you are doing well. Good job on the exercise. Happy New Year to you too!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Tammy- Happy birthday to your son and hope it was awesome!

I just got back from a lunch workout and did 35 minutes on gym bike for a 266 calorie burn. I've been feeling really hungry lately so I will be adding more protein to my meals.

Have a nice day all!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The new season of Biggest Loser starts today so I am back in gear. Mom and I decided to lose 20 lbs together. I've gained a few lbs (6.7 actually) since Labor Day and need to get back in gear. I got lazy and fell off the wagon. I weighed in this morning at 182.6! Looking forward to this last stage and working on figuring out my ultimate goal weight...I know most people figure that out before they start but I think I will most likely not know for sure until I'm there. Nice to see you all again...can't wait to get caught back up!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Glad to see so many faces back! My glucose screening came back positive so I am being forced into being good again. Not surprising unfortunately. Now I am making up for all my bad choices over the holidays and going lower carb...

Randi--Have you figured out what your ultimate goal weight feels like? To me it isn't about the number as much as the feeling of confidence, strength, ability to try on clothes and not get depressed, that sort of thing.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Got my lunch workout today- did 30 minutes at the gym bike for a 366 calorie burn.
    I'll catch up later with posts.

Mayra
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...Had a couple of busy days this week. I'm still taking down my Christmas decorations. I have two trees left and then I am done. I went to weigh in for my new bootcamp class tonight and by their scale I am the same as I was November 12. I'll take it! Thankfully we start again on Monday. Need to get my big butt going again :laugh: Hubby goes back to work tomoorrow for the first time in over two weeks. What a nice Christmas break. He was out longer than the boys! Time for bed now. Talk to y'all soon.:yawn:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Tamelab- You are doing great and I know you will continue to do so! Keep doing your thing!

I had been so hungry in the past weeks and trying to find a reason why. I thought of adding more proteins and today I tried eating more whole grain and I am so full. Wohoo... to a hungry woman, you have no idea what feeling full feels like. No more hunger, even after eating. I made lasagna last night and used whole grain pasta and let me tell you, I am full.

I also got my gym workout in during lunch and did the stepper/climber for 30 minutes, burning 330 calories.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Tamelab- You are doing great and I know you will continue to do so! Keep doing your thing!

I had been so hungry in the past weeks and trying to find a reason why. I thought of adding more proteins and today I tried eating more whole grain and I am so full. Wohoo... to a hungry woman, you have no idea what feeling full feels like. No more hunger, even after eating. I made lasagna last night and used whole grain pasta and let me tell you, I am full.

I also got my gym workout in during lunch and did the stepper/climber for 30 minutes, burning 330 calories.

Great job! You are back on track. I probably eat too much fiber but it really helps keep me full. I watched a movie yesterday and ate enough junk food for 3 people. I have to stay away from the TV. It is an automatic reaction for me to eat. Thanks for the birthday wishes for Jordan. He had a great day:smile:
  • debnu1
    Options
    Whole Grains really make a difference! I am glad you found something that works for you Mayra. I hate feeling hungry, that is always what makes me fall off the wagon the fastest. I have had whole grain pancakes and greek yogurt for breakfast the last couple of days. Soooo yummy. My glucose test came back positive, which really means I should go in for the 4 hour blood testing:sick: I really don't want to do that, I already know what I need to do to eat the way I need to, So I have started tracking my sugars and carb intake again. I hope I will start feeling really good like I did with the last one. Keeping your sugars under control can make a huge difference in how you feel. Over Christmas I only ate the sugary stuff so I am getting rid of it all as soon as possible. Take care!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Tammy- Fiber- I had forgotten about that. I'll defnitely check the amount of fiber I eat. Have a good day!

Debnu- the whole grain pancake you described sounds very yummy. Wish you a continued health pregnancy and remember your whole grains. have an awesome night.

I completed my lunch workout of the gym bike for 30 minutes and a 5 minute run on the treadmill.

Have an awesome weekend all!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Whole Grains really make a difference! I am glad you found something that works for you Mayra. I hate feeling hungry, that is always what makes me fall off the wagon the fastest. I have had whole grain pancakes and greek yogurt for breakfast the last couple of days. Soooo yummy. My glucose test came back positive, which really means I should go in for the 4 hour blood testing:sick: I really don't want to do that, I already know what I need to do to eat the way I need to, So I have started tracking my sugars and carb intake again. I hope I will start feeling really good like I did with the last one. Keeping your sugars under control can make a huge difference in how you feel. Over Christmas I only ate the sugary stuff so I am getting rid of it all as soon as possible. Take care!

I love whole grain pancakes. I've never had greek yogurt. What is it?
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    OK, I really am back! I put my weight in, as painful as it is, as I have gained about 19 pounds or so over the past few months, and today is a new day. I have been very busy, gone quite a bit with a new great niece and a new grandson (born one month early, but doing well, praise God!), and have also been sick most of the past three weeks. But I am almost well, and most importantly, I am once again determined! Hope to see a lot of all of you as I get back on track. Here's to smart choices!