Beautiful Blues 11/15/10

Options

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just got back from seeing Yogi Bear in 3D with my daughter and grandson. It was very good, and it actually had a cartoon (Roadrunner) before the movie! Good times!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Mary! I am glad things are going well--especially the new arrivals. I think we have all had our share of sickness too. Tis the season!

Tammy--greek yogurt is a thicker higher protein version of yogurt. There is less whey in it. It has almost a sour cream consistency and a bit of a sour taste. But is oh so good! My favorite is the Greek Gods Honey flavored. It is full fat, but for one scoop a day I figure that is fine. Today I mixed it with some frozen berries. YUM!

Today I am remembering that I can start over at anytime and one mistake isn't the end of the world. My goal is to have at least one fruit or vegie with every meal and snack. They are what I have been lacking the most lately.

Have a wonderful Healthy day!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    msh- The important thing is that you are here, making a better life for yourself. You are doing so great and I know you will continue to.

I did tons of hours of cleaning yesterday and today I got a lunch workout in the gym stepper/climber for 30 minutes and a good 255 calorie burn. Take care all!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...we went sledding today and had a good snow day. Kids were out of school and hubby was off. School is already cancelled tomorrow. We got over 8 inches, which is turning to ice already. We usually don't get much snow here in SC and have already had two good snows this winter. My class was cancelled so I wore my HRM to track the cals I burned while sledding. It said I burned over 700 but MFP calculated less and I went with them. Better to be safe than sorry. I have some Nacho cheese chicken chowder in the crock pot and am heading that way. Hope you are all warm and cozy.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    tamelab- what a burn, sledding. That is awesome that you got a workout in while having fun. We have a snow storm warning tonight, but so far, work is still open tomorrow. Hoping for a snow day! Your meal on the crockpot sounds yummy- enjoy and have a great night!

Did the treadmill for 30 minutes burning 226 calories. On a rush-but will catch up with posts later. :)
  • msh0530
    Options
    Long day today and I need to get to bed. It is too darn cold out - wind chill is currently 15 below, and I am glad to finally be home. Good night all, I am going to crawl under the comforter with a book.
  • msh0530
    Options
    It is just way too cold for my taste. Our pipes froze today, but we just finally got the water working again. I want to see double digits on the thermometer again! Otherwise, I'm fine here, and still pegging along. Hope all of you are having a good day.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Where is everyone? I'm feeling lonely!
  • msh0530
    Options
    I tried a new recipe tonight for ham and creamed vegetables. I had leftover ham from New Year's that needed used.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Ham-with-Creamed-Vegetables
    It was really good. I used the vegetables that I had on hand (carrots, onions, celery, cabbage, spinach) and put in a lot more of them than called for, added garlic, and just chopped the leftover ham and mixed in. It was really quite good, and pretty healthy.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Hi Mary, your dinner sounds yummy! I have a lot of ham that needs to be used too, I will have to check it out.

This board has been pretty quiet lately. Hopefully we can liven it up a bit!

We were above freezing here for the first time in what feels like weeks...It felt almost tropical! Hopefully warmer weather is headed your way too!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...I've had a very lazy week. My office was closed several days due to the snow and my work load has been very light so I have watched a lot of movies (and ate). Other than sledding one day, I have not exercised in a week. I am putting a stop to it today! I ate a healthy breakfast and I will exercise today. I am watching the scale go up a little each day so I have to stop now and get back in control before I gain 40 pounds again. Hope you are all staying warm. The boys missed school again today (all 5 days this week) and they are out monday for MLK birthday so they got a 10 day weekend. I told them I hope they had enjoyed their spring break:laugh: The sun is shining here so maybe it can melt some of this snow. The roads were still pretty slick yesterday. The ham recipe sounds great (and easy). I'll check out the website. Also, www.kraftrecipes.com is a good one. You can sign up for weekly recipe e-mails or go on and do a search for something specific. It gives me some good ideas and I can always lighten up their recipe some if needed. Y'all have a great weekend.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Just a quick in and out today. I found another website with recipes. http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/

My grandson is the attendant for Winter Royalty at the high school (where I work) basketball game tonight, so I have to go and be proud grandma. I took him to the practice yesterday while I was at work, and then he got to hang out at the high school with me for the next hour until I got off of work. (He is in kindergarten.) Made my day more fun!

Better go get ready for the game. Have a great Friday, all!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! What a busy week. Work has been non-stop...days go by fast!! Anyway, I lost 5.6 lbs on my first weigh in on Tuesday!! That was awesome. It's so good to see fairly instant progress, it's a huge motivator even though the first week back is usually a pretty significant loss for me. We'll see what happens next week! Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Go Randi, Keep up the great work!

Mary thanks for the website, I will have to look it up. Congrats on being a proud grandma...:drinker:

Have a great weekend !
  • msh0530
    Options
    I just tried another new chicken recipe. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Applesauce-Barbecue-Chicken It got rave reviews, even from my picky 5 year old grandson.
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone:

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I started a new co-op job with the government so I haven't really been on here much. I'm hoping to get into the habit of logging in here every night and making a post.

Today I tried out hockey for the first time. I spent half the time just learning how to skate on guys skates and the other half trying to stop and turn around fast enough. I should hopefully be playing again next week and maybe I'll get better over time.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a weigh in sometime soon. I haven't really done that lately because I haven't been up early enough and I don't want to see a weight increase. It has been difficult staying active with the change in weather but I am trying to find new things to go out and enjoy.

I hope you all are doing well and I'll catch up with you all later. :D
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good morning...My weight this a.m. was 159. I started back to bootcamp today and we will be weighing in on Fridays there. It is a ten week program again. I'm so excited to start back. Had a great workout and burned 1035 calories. It was harder for me than P90X plyo but I have been doing little to nothing since the other class ended the first of December. I think I will get back on track quickly though. Hope you all have a good day. Gotta go get some typing done.
  • tamelab
    Options
    I just tried another new chicken recipe. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Applesauce-Barbecue-Chicken It got rave reviews, even from my picky 5 year old grandson.

Thanks. I'll add that website to my favorites.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Hump Day:happy:
  • tamelab
    Options
    OK...I'm gonna have a better day day. Tomorrow is my first weekly weigh in for my new bootcamp class and I am up 2 pounds. I have been eating like a Hoover. I am so mad at myself. I have started a daily bible devotion for dieters and I hope the encouragement helps. Hope you all have a great day!