Beautiful Blues 11/15/10

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Debnu-speaking of pregnancy-when's the big day...by your ticker not too much longer?!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    It is good to see talking on the board again! I have been fighting emotional eating the last few days as my husband is out of town at a business conference. The pregnancy hormones aren't helping at all! Keep up the awesome work and remember every day is a new day--and it is never too late to start. You can reset your day at anytime...

I think I need to reset my day right now. I was doing so good until I stopped into Long John Silvers for their $10 family meal. I still managed to stay under cals but had too much fat. Now to stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the evening:grumble:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Glad to hear you all are doing fine today. I will pray for the return to school. I wish I could help you with your math - that is what I spend much of my day doing, helping high school students with math. So far today, I have explained proportions, setting up inequalities from story problems, the converse of the fundamental theorem of variations, how to solve quadratic inequalities, and how to find the last two digits of 4 to the 2001st power.
    I am doing fine - still plugging away at getting back on track. Really good day yesterday staying focused. Hope for another one today. Here's to smart choices!

Ouch...that hurts my brain:laugh: I got through the test today. I scored a 99 on reading, 93 on writing and an 80 on algebra. I don't have to have any math classes thankfully but I qualified for college algebra if my course required it. Thanks for the prayers!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Fed Loan is spread way out....from 2/10/11 to 12/10/2020.

That is good to know. I have to apply for financial aid and then go from there. The admissions counselor said I may qualify for lottery money or a grant. Fingers crossed.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Debnu-speaking of pregnancy-when's the big day...by your ticker not too much longer?!

My due date is March 26th its getting really close. It still is a little surreal, I am finally getting to the point where I am feeling like I need to get prepared!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    That's exciting!

Had a great week this week - lost 1.4.
    Been very focused and dedicated again....feels REALLY good.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost yet, but I feel that it will come soon, as I have been more focused. I haven't posted a loss in a year, so I am waiting in eager anticipation, and even if it is only a few ounces when I weigh in (on Fridays), I will post it!
    Everyone have a great Thursday!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Walked 40+ minutes!!:bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Is anyone keeping a chart of the weight loss/gains that we should be checking in with??
  • tamelab
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss Chrissy. I don't think we have updated a chart for a while but I would like to. It keeps me on track better.

I got in 60 minutes of interval training this morning and feel fabulous. I am still up a few pounds today but I am back on track eating better (I hope).

Monster Jam this weekend with my 11 year old...yeah! He loves it and I can tolerate it. Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I am HOPING to make smart choices today we're eating out two meals....at least.

breakfast-I had a bagel with light veggie cream cheese and a latte. not great but not terrible. Plan is to put half my lunch I order in to go box before I eat to lessen temptation to eat the whole thing.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Maylan was doing a chart but I think maybe she got too busy.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    lunch wasn't so bad...had grilled chicken with bousin cheese (like a yummy seasoned cream cheese) bacon, chose the spag squash as my side rather than fries or mac and cheese or better yet zucchini fries.....

I only ate half the bread, 2/3 of the chicken but all the veggies!! Overall pretty good choice... should have skipped the bacon but I LOVE BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    lunch wasn't so bad...had grilled chicken with bousin cheese (like a yummy seasoned cream cheese) bacon, chose the spag squash as my side rather than fries or mac and cheese or better yet zucchini fries.....

I only ate half the bread, 2/3 of the chicken but all the veggies!! Overall pretty good choice... should have skipped the bacon but I LOVE BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you did good with your lunch. Hubby and I ate Mexican and I blew it. Now I need to go for a walk to counteract some of that cheese dip!

P.S. I love bacon too!
  • msh0530
    Options
    I love bacon, Mexican food and cheese dip! I went out to a local diner for supper. It is Friday, right? Hamburger and fries, yum! But - I did not get cheese, I split the fries with hubby, and planned it into my calories for the day. I have to admit, I enjoyed every bite, and not cooking or cleaning! My 2 year old grandson is spending the night and we are soaking up quality time with him. Off to get him to bed!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am a sucker for anything unhealthy I have decided.

Mayra took over the chart for me, but the holidays I think made no one report in. Probably why we have not had a new one for a while. I haven't heard from Mayra for a while. I guess we ought to see how she is doing!
  • msh0530
    Options
    My two year old grandson David put on his Buzz Lightyear clothes the other night and refused to answer to "David" all night. If you wanted him, you had to call him Buzz.

Tonight the 5 year old is spending the night.

Today is Kansas Day. Happy 150th, Kansas! I thought that it might be a good time to point out that the Kansas state motto, "Ad astra per aspera," is part of my signature line. It translates "To the stars through difficulties." I feel that it is appropriate for my life. So - ready to deck myself in sunflowers, color some Western meadowlarks and bison, and get ready to watch the KU K State game with family as we celebrate. ESPN game day will be in Lawrence, at KU, my alma mater. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Hey, all, found another new website that might be worth checking out for recipes:
    http://400caloriesorless.com/
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey, all, found another new website that might be worth checking out for recipes:
    http://400caloriesorless.com/

Thanks! I'll check it out.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I did great over the weekend. Super sore today. Hoping to walk it off this evening. Super gorgeous day yesterday - was outside for a couple hours.