vent--There are too many skinny people at the gym

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    A person can be capable of having a complexity of thoughts all at once, and of having flexibility. Not just one thought that never grows or shifts or is flexible. I'm always thinking, learning, processing, growing.
  • evilkitty93
    Options
    And how would you feel if a gym excluded you for being fat?

Stop being jealous and bitter. Worry about you.

This.

Just because her fragile lil fee fees are hurt the poor thing.

She expects people to not go to the gym..

The OP needs to just stop thin shaming and mind her own damn business.

Hell, if I was at the gym with her and she told me that I was "too thin to be there", I would deck her in her jaw (and rightfully so)

It's not her place to judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    People on here are so quick to jump to conclusions with very little information.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    A person can be capable of having a complexity of thoughts all at once, and of having flexibility. Not just one thought that never grows or shifts or is flexible. I'm always thinking, learning, processing, growing.

:huh:

Okay then?
  • evilkitty93
    Options
    People on here are so quick to jump to conclusions with very little information.

THE OP IS THIN SHAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    If I don't see people saying "people are judging me at the gym" I see "I'm judging people at the gym"! Where does it end?

in on 20.

It doesn't. If you judge, you always think people are judging you.

see what happens there?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

THE OP IS THIN SHAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The exclamations just made your point so much more apparent.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

What conclusions are being jumped too?
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're being silly. 1. You don't know if these people were once 25 + pounds overweight themselves. 2. They don't care that you are overweight. 3. If anything they admire you for exercising to try to lose weight. 4. While there may be a few jerks at your gym, jerks can be found anywhere, and thankfully they are few and far between. 5. The problem is the way you perceive yourself, not the way others perceive you. 6. People who are in shape continue to workout to stay in shape.

So look at them, study how they workout and learn from them.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

:huh:

Okay then?

Sorry. It was a follow up to Achrya not understanding how my thought processes go. I have also just returned from dinner and had a lemon drop martini.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

What conclusions are being jumped too?

I'm sorry it was a follow up to my reply to Achrya. She said I was being contrary to go against the grain or something.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

It's a necessary part of participation in an online forum (or any other form of communication, actually). If people didn't fill in the gaps of information with their own assumptions, nothing could ever be discussed. Ever.

But enough about that. Now is the time for everyone to make an important decision:

Are they in or out for part 2 of this thread?
  • evilkitty93
    Options
    If I don't see people saying "people are judging me at the gym" I see "I'm judging people at the gym"! Where does it end?

The op is thin shaming,

I hate people who do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
  • PikaKnight
    Options

The op is thin shaming,

I hate people who do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Okay. Whose puppet account is this?
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Too bad I'm over my carb limit already. This thread is making me crave popcorn.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The majority response was my knee-jerk reaction as well, but when I saw the pile on it caused me to reflect more.

I'm not fond of letting the actions of others sway me from my own personal reactions. That seems awfully close to being contrary for the sake of going against the grain, tbh.

Lol, because you are never contrary.

And no. It causes me to think about it more deeply instead of joking it off. The first point was made. So, I think.

Hmm. Other's may view me as contrary, but I consider myself opinionated. I rather pride myself on not going against people just because or being a hypocrite.

I don't change my opinion merely for the sake of it or just because I feel like other's have gone too far/are being mean. My opinion is the OP is a jerk, a tool, perhaps even an awful judgmental person. And so it shall remain.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

The op is thin shaming,

Puppets-3.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options

The op is thin shaming,

Well it's not Jules, her ones and exclamations are broken. er...are they still broken?
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    The majority response was my knee-jerk reaction as well, but when I saw the pile on it caused me to reflect more.

I'm not fond of letting the actions of others sway me from my own personal reactions. That seems awfully close to being contrary for the sake of going against the grain, tbh.

Lol, because you are never contrary.

And no. It causes me to think about it more deeply instead of joking it off. The first point was made. So, I think.

Hmm. Other's may view me as contrary, but I consider myself opinionated. I rather pride myself on not going against people just because or being a hypocrite.

Your interpretation is off. If you read my responses you will see they were all my own spontaneous thoughts and never out of my character.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    OP is right. More fat people should be going to the gym.

When I first started swimming, I joked that the hardest part was putting on a swimsuit and walking to the pool. Then I discovered that in the mornings, there was a group of elderly women that met for a gentle water aerobics class in the warm pool. They were charming and funny and gossipy and didn't care one bit about their bumps and veins and saggy bits.

And as I got trimmer and more fit, they were there cheering me on.

Ask if there are any beginner classes. You'll feel less self-conscious.

As for myself, I wanted to learn some strength training, but the weight room intimidated the hell out of me. I'd walk in there, not know what I was supposed to be doing, how to do it safely, or what the etiquette was. So I'd leave, never did work out there. Went back to the pool and the indoor track. Sad.