• kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n6wsjqqfNT1r7yxrco1_400.gif

Goats should get some love, too.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Sooo...now that I've worked so hard to look like this, I'm not allowed in the gym anymore?

if u havent paid your membership fees no, if you have carry on.

FINE! Good thing I have a home gym! I'll shake what my mama gave me far away from you judgy people!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    i mean can we really say that body shaming is an equal two way street though. like do we think skinny/fit people are made fun of just as much as overweight people are. not that any of it is okay. I'm just sayin

The shame becomes different, but it is just as prevalent. The slurs just change from fat and lazy to shallow, self-absorbed, stupid, air-headed, meat-headed, bobble-head, anorexic, materialistic, stuck up, skinny b!tch, bony, etc., etc.

Yeah, particularly when we are younger. You don't know what our challenges were. People deal with all kinds of things that lead them to a poor body image (or thinking their only value to others is in their physical appearance or sexuality, etc.) and it can have an impact on many areas of their life. You don't know, you can't assume. You don't know how we were treated (in our homes, etc) and the impact that had on us, and then random strangers decide we must have no problems and take their issues out on us, but we were young and didn't understand that, and it just added to the issues we were dealing with. Hopefully we learn to get past that as we get older. But, it doesn't make it right when it happens to young people. It is problematic if a person thinks they can put others down because they were put down. We shouldn't need to knock people down, in order to build ourselves up. Self esteem needs to come from inner work and inner strength to overcome and move forward. And take anorexia for example, some people develop it to lose their sex appeal, just like some people gain for the same reason.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Sooo...now that I've worked so hard to look like this, I'm not allowed in the gym anymore?

if u havent paid your membership fees no, if you have carry on.

FINE! Good thing I have a home gym! I'll shake what my mama gave me far away from you judgy people!!
    night
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    lets make a support group for all the trophy wives and meatheads then

We did. You weren't invited because you don't make the requirements. :flowerforyou:

Don't take that offensively though. I'm just venting

even if its twisted i am trying to lighten the mood i mean come on I'd love to be a trophy wife

1st Place?
  • _Tink_
    Options
    i mean can we really say that body shaming is an equal two way street though. like do we think skinny/fit people are made fun of just as much as overweight people are. not that any of it is okay. I'm just sayin

The shame becomes different, but it is just as prevalent. The slurs just change from fat and lazy to shallow, self-absorbed, stupid, air-headed, meat-headed, bobble-head, anorexic, materialistic, stuck up, skinny b!tch, bony, etc., etc.

Yeah, particularly when we are younger. You don't know what our challenges were. People deal with all kinds of things that lead them to a poor body image (or thinking their only value to others is in their physical appearance or sexuality, etc.) and it can have an impact on many areas of their life. You don't know, you can't assume. You don't know how we were treated (in our homes, etc) and the impact that had on us, and then random strangers decide we must have no problems and take their issues out on us, but we were young and didn't understand that, and it just added to the issues we were dealing with. Hopefully we learn to get past that as we get older. But, it doesn't make it right when it happens to young people. It is problematic if a person thinks they can put others down because they were put down. We shouldn't need to knock people down, in order to build ourselves up. Self esteem needs to come from inner work and inner strength to overcome and move forward. And take anorexia for example, some people develop it to lose their sex appeal, just like some people gain for the same reason.

+1
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm not happy until I see cat gifs a plenty

v5NjWGk.gif

Squeeee!

20k4qqu.gif

2uWuSUr_zps24e9f352.gif

igetdt.gif
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options

This reminds me of a stand-up routine. "Go home, you're done!" Really though, you look great!

5611585_700b_v1.jpg
  • _Tink_
    Options

5611585_700b_v1.jpg

Um. Sorry?
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options

Um. Sorry?

It was meant in sarcasm. Not as an insult. Ill timed, probably.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    just-dropped-by-to-say-this-thread-sucks.jpg

Exactly!

I have been fat, skinny, and of a healthy weight for my height and frame. I know what it is like to be each. I will admit that the attention one gets when overweight can be more demeaning. Almost dehumanizing at times. But when one is skinny, it can be dehumanizing, too, but in a different way. The amount of times I was called self-absorbed or stupid or stuck up when I was skinny just for being skinny was ridiculous.

People who are just meeting me for the first time these days assume I've always been skinny. I hear things like "I bet you never have to worry about what you eat!" or "I bet you don't even need to exercise!" Which is, equally, ridiculous. There's this... naivety in the world. People want weight loss and maintenance to be easy. So, they look at the 'skinny' people or the 'healthy weight' people... and assume that it is easy for us. Maybe it helps them believe it will be easy for them, or maybe it helps some people deal with the realization that it isn't easy. But trust me, we work just as hard. I was once overweight. Many of us skinny and healthy weight people were. It is possible to go from fat to skinny. I have heard many people say it isn't. I have heard many people say we all balloon eventually (direct quote from someone I know when she saw I had lost weight). But the truth is, the same way some people go from being skinny to fat, some go from being overweight to being skinny. Those people did it by going to the gym. Or by walking. Or pretty much doing everything you're doing to lose the weight yourself.

I won't say skinny shaming is just as prevalent as fat shaming. It isn't. I will say that it can hurt just as much.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

When I was heavy no one ever looked at me sideways or said anything cruel to me.

I've gotten many many negative comments since losing weight.

I realize not everyone's experience is the same, but that's what mine has been.
  • _Tink_
    Options

Um. Sorry?

It was meant in sarcasm. Not as an insult. Ill timed, probably.

:flowerforyou:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm just now getting to this thread and I've read all of the responses (yay? lol).

I'm just going to say, OP, even though what you wrote was a vent, you said some very terrible things. Not only that, but it was incredibly judgemental. Those skinny people you are body shaming, have more than likely worked their butts off to accomplish what they have. Do you think that everyone at your gym just flocked in, all skinny-minnie and perfect? Absolutely not. They all had some issue or another, whether it was health, fitness, weight, whatever. They all started someplace and are working or have worked hard to get to where they are. I'm not skinny by any means, I'm 20 lbs overweight, and pregnant to boot, and even I was offended. I wouldn't want to be judged by someone just because I weigh less or look better than them. I've worked my butt off losing weight and getting my crap together.

I guess my point is, you need to stop being so judgemental of others and stop blaming others for your own insecurities. And for goodness sakes, stop stereotyping people into Joe Meatheads and Trophy wives. Those people are more than that, and they deserve to not be treated with insults, even if you don't like the way they smell or look.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Someone has got to be there to spot me, I've been trying to re-rack this bar for hours and my belly is getting tired. I'm so close!!

46UPa8D.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Someone has got to be there to spot me, I've been trying to re-rack this bar for hours and my belly is getting tired. I'm so close!!

46UPa8D.gif

Oh gosh, that's hurting my stomach just watching it!
  • touslesmemes
    Options
    tumblr_n7kj4bPNBw1sm9wdio1_500.gif only up to page 3
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    cant we just all get along?

*throws poo*

Great....now I'm gonna need aaaall this toilet paper to clean up your mess in this thread

2zohrgh.gif

hAAF414B1_zps542563b1.jpeg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n715c0WSCU1s0xjvpo1_400_zpsc819e87d.gif
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is that this thread makes me glad I saved calories today so I could have my gelato tonight - Sea Salt Caramel. Yum!