25 TO LIFE MONTH 3

Options

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I will ever get to that size 8, probably not before Miss Thing (Jenn):wink: who has done so well with her weight loss, but I am still going to go for it!

I don't think I will ever! So I think we may have to call a trues!

So discouraging. I went to buy a dress for this darn wedding and my pants may be a 10, but dresses... a 16! What the heck!?
    It's my fat around my boobs and sides! I can't zip anything with a side zipper. I bought 4 dresses and brought them home for hubby to decide. We did decide on one. It's kind of neat with a scoopy thing in the back. I'll take a pic of it. I really wanted to get a bright and loud dress so I stand out in the pics. (evil, I know) but after trying on about 50 (not lying) dresses, I had to go with the one that fit and looked the best. So, it's brown. It comes in black, and can't decide if I want to bring it back and get the black one, so at least I'll match my husband who has to wear a tux.
    I have to now go out and buy a bra contraption that goes really low in the back. Like I feel like having a strap go around my middle all day, but... whatever works!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    so wow

any of you ever tried pilates??? wowo im going to be feeling this in the morning!

its core exercises including stretches and resistance training. I think its what i need to get me jump started towards the tummy i want!! i'll keep yall updated.

i keep trying to remind myself that muscle weighs more than fat, and it burns fat. I need to stop paying so much attention to the scale i guess!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Have an awesome b-day CP!!!!

So two fantastic things happened...I got my butt to the gym ate more food, and lost 2 lbs!! AND I realized the size 13 and 15 pants that I have been trying to squeeze into are juniors, I bought a size 12 yesterday in the normal people section and my stomach doesn't even hang out!!!!!:drinker:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    so wow

any of you ever tried pilates??? wowo im going to be feeling this in the morning!

its core exercises including stretches and resistance training. I think its what i need to get me jump started towards the tummy i want!! i'll keep yall updated.

i keep trying to remind myself that muscle weighs more than fat, and it burns fat. I need to stop paying so much attention to the scale i guess!

SPARKLES....hahahahaha.....You already have the stomach I want!! You go girl, get it now because once you have kids it's a little more difficult to get and keep.
  • jenbar
    Options
    Have an awesome b-day CP!!!!

So two fantastic things happened...I got my butt to the gym ate more food, and lost 2 lbs!! AND I realized the size 13 and 15 pants that I have been trying to squeeze into are juniors, I bought a size 12 yesterday in the normal people section and my stomach doesn't even hang out!!!!!:drinker:

YEAHHHHH
    WOOT WOOT!
    Good For You!!
    See, it would happen eventually and with a little perseverance!

Junior??
    Who's a Junior? Not me! We Hate Junior Sizes! Yucky!!!
    We like normal sizes!!! Yeah normal size jeans!
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options

SPARKLES....hahahahaha.....You already have the stomach I want!! You go girl, get it now because once you have kids it's a little more difficult to get and keep.

youre too sweet :) if you could only see my tummy when im not sucking in and standing 'just so' LOL

and btw i am DEFINITELY feeling the pilates. glad the class is only on tue and thur. i dunno if i could take three days of it a week!! the hour definitely flies by

we are painting the living room/kitchen today. yay!! sad to say that it dosent burn as many calories as youd hope :(

my man and i have been cleaning houses on the weekend in the near by millionaire vacation town (cashiers NC) im hoping that maybe soon we'll be able to afford my ring and get started on the wedding plans!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Thanks Buckeye!! :D

Jenbar - What about a skirt/top combo? That way you can still show off your good work while allowing for the ample chest (which does have it's perks!).
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Time to check in. This time I can say I lost 2lbs,:drinker: Now I am sooooooo close couple more pounds and I will leave the 200. Hope everyone had a good week.

47397.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    This morning I'm down a to 164.4. I can't complain because I'm still losing even though it is slow.
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    :explode: Ok...I'm mad at myself. We had graduation party after graduation party this weekend and we're on the road a lot which meant unhealthy fast food and boy did it ever catch up with me!! I am to say that I am up 2 pounds 170!! I could just kick myself. OK...reality check it's back to logging everything and buckling back down! I think the high stress level with my hubby's situation is also causing me to be off track. Here's hoping today we get good news and a fresh start!

Hope all of you have had a better weekend! I am heading out for my morning run now!:tongue:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Sindy! You will feel so great when you leave the 200s behind FOR GOOD! :happy:
    Motheroftwoboys - slow and steady wins the race! Good for you.
    Buckeye - it's a new week, so you can just get right back on track. You may find that those 2lbs aren't really a gain - it could just be water weight from that unhealthy fast food.

I had a fantastic birthday weekend!!! We spent a night at a B&B, ate at a vegetarian restaurant that I love, and the next day we visited a small local brewery, a local winery, and a hard cidery (?). Don't worry - I didn't overdo it! :laugh: It was probably the equivalent of about 2 glasses of wine over the course of 4 hours. I had a few treats as well - hey, it was my birthday! - but I don't think I did any serious damage to my diet. Besides, maybe it will be what I needed to get off this plateau! :wink:

Anyway, I'm excited to get back on track this week. 30 is the new 29! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thank you cp005e. Glad you had a good bday.
    motheroftwoboys I just went through 5 weeks of not loosing anything. I would have been happy with 1/2lb. Keep up the good work.
    We all have weeks like that buckeyebabe still praying for some good things to go your way. It may be water fast food do the bloating thing.

:drinker:
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Thanks Cindy and CP for the words for the encouragement.

I am very glad you had a wonderful birthday CP! Who cares if you gained a pound, or just didn't lose...not saying that will be the case....but if it is, you had a great excuse and a great time so it's worth it!

I got a 5.5 mile run in today so I am feeling a little better. My problem is that I have really slacked off on logging my foods daily. I need to kick that back in to gear! Exercising is never a problem for me, in fact I may over exercise some days. I find it the best way to deal with my stress!!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Boy everything that I wanted to say to everyone was already said!
    so...
    Great job for everyone who lost!
    It's a new week for anyone who didn't!
    Me, since I had this IUD put in in May, I started "Alice" last Tuesday and it's finally ending! What the heck!? So needless to say, losing wasn't really in my forecast this week. Pretty much stayed the same. In addition to that, this weekend wasn't very good in the food category either.
    But that doesn't stop me!
    I just cleaned my whole house and got in 40 minutes of exercise today.

Keep up the good work everyone!
    Summer's around the corner!:smile:
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Hey Jen...if you want more exercise you can come clean my house!!:laugh: I feel like that's all I do. UGH....kids should be born with this incredible desire to be clean and help out instead of this incredible desire to live like a slob and complain when they are asked to help out!!:laugh:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options

Anyway, I'm excited to get back on track this week. 30 is the new 29! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm glad you had a great birthday! But I heard that 30 is the new 18!!! I don't know if I would want to be 18+ again but at least it sounds nice!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    On a completely different note:

Does anyone else get incredibly frustrated by the "helpful" people who have noticed you are trying to lose/working to get in better shape who think that asking you why you are eating that and comenting on portion size constantly is helpful?

I'm actually an undereater. I put on weight so fast when I dont' eat enough. It's already not easy to be eating the amount I should be, constantly being told otherwise is frustrating to say the least.

The great thing about this site is I can usually sling back a comment about how many calories I have left for the day - though that hasn't really stopped the comments, it's reduced my guilt!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    On a completely different note:

Does anyone else get incredibly frustrated by the "helpful" people who have noticed you are trying to lose/working to get in better shape who think that asking you why you are eating that and comenting on portion size constantly is helpful?

I'm actually an undereater. I put on weight so fast when I dont' eat enough. It's already not easy to be eating the amount I should be, constantly being told otherwise is frustrating to say the least.

The great thing about this site is I can usually sling back a comment about how many calories I have left for the day - though that hasn't really stopped the comments, it's reduced my guilt!

I can second almost everything that youve said here! there are a few women at work who have commented on my more health conscious decisions... and try to give me tips and advice, yet they dont do anything (that i can tell) to better their own health (eat hardees everyday and talk about the gym all the time, however you never see them there? (my work has a gym so id see them there bc i go everyday!)) Cracks me up when they offer suggestions, and im pretty much like "thanks but not thanks, ive got MFP" lol not really, but really.

2nd i also tend to be an undereater. Im starting to wonder at least. As of a few minutes ago ( its 10:31 pm and i should be in bed) i was still under by 500! so i ate a bowl of cereal and that definitely helped, but ive heard alot about not eating right before bed. Ive head both sides of the story. "its ok, your body burns it at night as well as in the day" or no "its bad your body cant burn it as well while you sleep"
    Any takes on this??

ANYWHOO i recently wore my HRM for a period of 12 hours on a regular day of work, (but on a pilates day instead of a zumba cardio day) to try to figure my general caloric needs for a day. But im still confused. I dont know if i burn the same at night, or less because im at rest? i dont wanna wear the hrm to sleep...however In those 12 waking hours, according to my HRM, i burned a total of about 900 calories. If i did go on and double that for a total of 24 hours, i come up to 1800 cals needed in 24 hours to maintain my current weight. So the 1200 calorie plan that i am currently on should theoretically make me lost over a pound a week, however its not!!

i dunno, i guess im just venting because things dont seem to be working for my plan, hence the lonnnnggg response. Most of all im upset, because about 8 months ago i twisted my already weak right ankle, and it has been bothering me ever since. Zumba has been making it hurt more and im worried because i dont want it to get worse, but i havent missed a zumba class yet!!(for a whole month!) i really REALLY dont wanna skip class, and get even more behind on a plan that dosent seem to be working!
    anyway someone else can have the soap box now!! sorry for the ongoing rambling!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Heya Sparkles! I know it is frustrating. I am still of the opinion that you should keep trying to eat all your calories. :flowerforyou: Here is why: your story is sounding a lot like mine earlier on in my weight loss journey. I wasn't eating that much, I wasn't that hungry, and I wasn't losing. Your HRM results also seem a little low to me... I actually wore mine for 24 hours on a couple of occasions, and ended up with 2250 and 2500 for the whole period - but only 600-700 while I was asleep (7-8 hours). I weigh a bit more than you, and I don't know how tall you are (I'm 5'7") but I am a little surprised that your number wasn't higher than 900 for 12 hours. What is your BRM according to the calculator on this site? Since you say you have a history of undereating, it might be that your metabolism is still running a little slow. If so, you won't be losing at the rate it seems you should. As Songbyrdsweet likes to say, "our bodies don't run on math." Unfortunately! :tongue: My best suggestions for boosting your metabolism is trying to eat more of your exercise calories, and strength training.

Regarding eating at night - I personally think it is okay, but try to eat more earlier on if you can. If you find yourself with a really large number of calories left over and you've eaten at least 1200 (total, not counting exercise calories), then you probably don't need to force yourself to eat every last one if you are almost in bed. Try eating more at breakfast (e.g. add a glass of juice), or adding a snack or two throughout the day.

Be careful with that ankle. You might try wrapping it in an Ace-type bandage to give it a little more support while you are in class - but you might also need to give a rest if it doesn't improve. Commit to yourself to do some sort of exercise on those days if you need to miss class - maybe get on the elliptical or bike or even just walk a couple miles. I had to take a couple week break from everything except walking and ab work when my knee was bothering me. It might not set you back as much as you think - and the important thing is to make sure you don't injure yourself even worse. If you aren't already doing things like push-ups, sit-ups, bicep curls, overhead tricep dips, leg lifts, etc etc - you can add that in as well. It might be a good way to feel like you are still pushing yourself even if you need to give your ankle a break. And... strength training and building muscle should help kick up your metabolism a bit as well.

Hang in there! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    cp, you are always so encouraging to me! thank you so much!!!

i really appreciate feedback on this kind of thing...i know that i ask an aweful lot of questions on this site, but i have learned so much. Songbyrd has helped me understand alot of techincal stuff that i wonder about...so glad to have so many experiances and references to pull from on this site.

I can see that i tend to be a little obsessive when it comes to this stuff, but i think being able to write on here helps me to 'get it out' so that i dont quit eating all together, and it consistantly encourages me not to do it the wrong way!!

love you guys!!!