Best Thing Ever Said to You By a Stranger

Options
12345679»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    When on a flight the son of the king of a certain south pacific island gave me his address because he thought me beautiful and wanted me to come visit... and I destroyed it :sad: If I'd be single I would have kept it cause he was good looking too. Not saying more.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    When on a flight the son of the king of a certain south pacific island gave me his address because he thought me beautiful and wanted me to come visit... and I destroyed it :sad: If I'd be single I would have kept it cause he was good looking too. Not saying more.
    omg - this is the spiffiest! A prince I believe he would be called! We are not worthy! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    An older women once came up to me in the grocery store and told me she loved the way I talked to my son as I shopped (I think he was 3 at the time). It came at a time when I felt I was a failure as a mom, so it actually made me tear up (got a lump in my throat just typing lol).
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    omg - this is the spiffiest! A prince I believe he would be called! We are not worthy! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You're beautiful too.
  • ChelseaSmile22
    ChelseaSmile22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There have been a few compliments that have stuck with me. A guy once told me that ``my confidence was sexy`` This was after I lost 40 pounds and I felt like a complete badass. Also, I worked with a kindergarten class this year and one of the little boys said to me `You must be the prettiest mom in the world, but shhhh don`t tell my mom``. Even though I am 21 and have no children. It was the cutest thing anyone has ever said to me.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Not a stranger but my mother who has dementia. One night she was telling me all about this amazing person who was smart, funny, courageous, a total bad *kitten*. I asked her who this person was because they sounded awesome. She told me she was talking about her wonderful daughter, and wished that I could meet her someday.

Dang. I think you just won the Internet.

:flowerforyou:

^^^ Yup.

For me: I grew up on a farm. Every Wednesday and Saturday I would go with my mom to the local farmers' market and sell <name your produce here.> A mom and her daughter (they were about the same ages as my mom and me) paid my mom for their produce then walked over to me and told me that I was the most naturally beautiful woman they had ever seen and that they were sure I heard this ALL the time but they wanted me to know. I thought they were making fun so I glanced at my mom real quick to get her take, decided they were being serious, and stammered out a thank you. This must have happened at least 10 years ago but it is honestly the nicest compliment I have ever received as there was no motive behind it. To this day it makes me feel good.
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    Ive been having a really rough few days, just not wanting to work out and I had an older gentleman (who i see at the gym all the time) approach me after never talking and explain to me that I have lost alot of weight and look very good. Sort of picked me up and kept me going
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    My trainer calls me her vanilla tiny pretty. I don't look at myself and see pretty. She is helping me find beauty. Her husband (and yes it was appropriate because she was standing right there) told me if he met me before he married her, he would have been giving me a hard time. Made me smile. Also recently a lady at church told me I'm melting away! Yea!
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go all the way back for this because your "first" can be the best! I was a senior in high school. I actually wasn't overweight but I thought I was because I'd always been a chubby kid. My best friend's mom had started seeing someone new and the four of us had dinner one night. The next day my friend told me that after I left, the man had said to her, "Your friend is gorgeous!"

I was stunned. This was the first time in my life a man had thought I was pretty or "gorgeous" and I almost didn't believe he'd actually said it. But it nudged me to start considering myself in a new light, not through the old negative filter.