What do you usually eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• xxval21xx
    xxval21xx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im always too lazy to get up in the morning so once I do its 5 minutes to get ready and im out the door, on my way to work. I usually buy a greek yogurt parfait with mixed berries and almond granola, keeps me full until lunch and only 270 calories
  • kazzsj0urney
    Options
    30 grams oats, 30 grams chocolate peanut butter protein powder and a cup of cold milk....mixed together eaten like cereal :)
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing every morning! I don't get bored of it somehow - I'm guess I'm not fussy in the morning.

30g Special K red berries
    100g semi skimmed milk
    A banana (separately, not with the cereal)
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or scrambled eggs, a cup of grapes, a banana, and a 6oz container of greek yogurt.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Caffeine in all forms.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like sweet breakfasts and recently switched mine for an option that is really working for me:
    Plain Greek yogurt, chia seeds, nuts, fruit, flax oil and a little bit of honey.

The chia and flax oil give me omegas. Chia and fruit for fiber. Yogurt and chia for protein. Nuts for texture and satiety. Keeps me full till lunch and gives me a good chunk of protein and fiber to start. I make it the night before, but you just need about 20-30 minutes for the chia seeds to soften .
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't like anything heavy in the morning. I usually have some yogurt or toast...maybe a protein shake.
  • ShadowFallRising
    ShadowFallRising Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal. I have a box of mixed types of fruit and cream: Blueberries and cream, strawberry, banana, peach, you get the idea =P with a little bit of warmed milk.
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    One cup zero fat plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup frozen blueberries without added sugar (thawed...like them better than fresh blueberries), 1 oz. low sodium roasted almonds (chopped), 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/2 to 1 tbsp. honey. Yummy!!! Keeps me full until lunchtime and even later. If I want a more savory breakfast, my go to meal is one fried jumbo egg (using cooking spray), low sodium turkey bacon or turkey sausage and one slice pepper jack cheese on a toasted 100 calorie sandwich thin.
  • LanaC1210
    LanaC1210 Posts: 37
    Options
    Egg whites and a small amount of plain oatmeal or 1 slice Ezekiel bread with 1 TB almond butter and a banana. If I'm in a rush then precooked hard boiled eggs with an apple to go!
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,305 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee with 1T coconut oil and 1 T butter with or without an egg or two just depending on if I am hungry.
  • Thatslimgal84
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee with 1T coconut oil and 1 T butter with or without an egg or two just depending on if I am hungry.

whats bulletproof coffeE?
  • wedge421
    wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    PB2 on Rice Cakes and a non fat/sugar free greek yogurt with blueberries.
  • agrasso88
    agrasso88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    3 egg omelette with 60mls heavy cream, 1 rasher of bacon, 50 grams of cheddar fried in butter or coconut oil. 700 calories and keeps me in ketosis and full until 2pm. lchf breakfasts are delicious and very filling.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Just for ease and so I don't have to think as I'm not normally fully awake I have cereal. The latest is honey Special K.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with unsweetened soy milk most mornings. I slow cook old fashioned oats and salt, with extra water, and for a longer time till they are creamy. It is so filling. I usually eat 2 servings, a full cup of raw oats cooked. If I'm up in time, I will have fresh fruit at least 1 hour earlier, like watermelon, or pineapple, something juicy and delicious to start the day. I wait an hour because fruit is best eaten on its own. Wait at least an hour, and then I will eat oatmeal.

I've eaten it with food and it causes gas and bloating. It ferments with other food and it digests really fast. So I eat it in between meals, not with meals.
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm starving in the morning but I get lazy with making stuff. I've been a LOT better the last month and a half or so. Here are my go to meals for breaking the fast!

Oatmeal with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter and I top it with blueberries and raspberries

4 egg whites with mushrooms, red pepper and avocado

Ezekial bread with Kerrygold butter

2 poached eggs with a slice of whole wheat bread and a little bit of Kerrygold butter

Cottage cheese with chicken and a peach or banana with some chia seeds (or blueberries for less carbs. I love my blueberries!)

ETA: Brown rice cakes with PB on top and some Washington Rainier cherries has been my recent favorite!
  • Sofaa1
    Sofaa1 Posts: 19
    Options
    From I wake up till 11 am I will usually have consumed breakfast: Oatmeal with peanut butter, and a snack: 2 eggs. I switch it around sometimes though, so I'll have my eggs and a cup of tea in the morning, and my oatmeal as a snack at work :)
  • TheMotivator123
    Options
    10 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1/2 grape fruit
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options

You put butter in your coffee?