What do you usually eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• MissBoomBah
    Options
    Kazz,

Could you make it into a shake and drink it???
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    4 slice hormel precooked bacon put in folded paper towel and nuked 1 min. Latte made with dark roast coffee and 1 cup Kroger carbmaster vanilla skim milk. 130 cals and 16 g of protein
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have cereal or make a breakfast sandwiches. Maybe low calorie chocolate chip pancakes on occasion
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats, chocolate protein powder and vanilla greek yogurt and a banana.
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bacon, eggs and coffee! :D
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating if you're not hungry? That's the hardest thing I've overcome. I attribute eating to when I wasn't hungry to pretty much all of my weight gain.

I eat whether I am hungry or not, because I need to fuel my body!!
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Either: one whole egg scrambled with 1/4 c. egg whites and one slice ultra thin cheese on top plus a low fat nutrigrain waffle with a T. Almond butter and fresh fruit on top (strawberries, blueberries, bananas)
    OR
    I make a "pancake" with 1/2 a mashed banana, 1/4 c. Egg whites, and 1/4 c. Oatmeal (and a dash of cinnamon) with almond butter and sliced fruit on top
  • Sonshine1296
    Sonshine1296 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is sweet potato hash with peppers and onions. Normally I have an egg or two on top of it.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Lately muesli and almond milk. Nice and chewy.
    If I'm not hungry it's because I ate a lot at night--for me not a good sign.
    I used to have egg and toast. It would keep me until noon.
    Sometimes I'd make a veggie omelet.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    i usually have oatmeal with my three coffees each morning. TOday i had a whole grain bread French toast slice with syrup, Oatmeal is my main go to but sometimes i have eggs. I have it planned to have a snack at 10am it is usually a smoothie or something. Honestly i try my best to switch it up.
  • mtruitt01
    Options
    i usually have oatmeal with my three coffees each morning. TOday i had a whole grain bread French toast slice with syrup, Oatmeal is my main go to but sometimes i have eggs. I have it planned to have a snack at 10am it is usually a smoothie or something. Honestly i try my best to switch it up.

French toast! How could I forget? Sounds relish.
  • shubec85
    shubec85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    These are some of my breakfast:
    2 hardboiled eggs, 1 piece whole grain or whole wheat toast with a tiny bit of butter/margarin, fruit.
    Smoothie
    Greek Yogurt, granola and fruit
    Egg scramble with veggeis, 1 piece whole grain or whole wheat toast with a tiny bit of butter/margarin
    1 tbsp Natural Peanut butter (It is just peanuts), 1 piece whole grain or whole wheat toast, fruit
  • mtruitt01
    Options
    stay away from bagels, it's not a good morning choice because the carbs will quikcly burn off leaving you with low energy and hungry again (fyi a bagel is the equivalent of 5 pieces of bread). at breakfast it is really important to make sure you eat protein to get you moving and keep you full until lunch. instead try...

smoothie : 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup other fruit of your choice (blueberries, mango, pineapple, banana), 1 cup of greek yogurt, 1/4-1/2 cup of milk or almond/coconut/flaxseed milk. blend and enjoy

yogurt parfait: one cup greek yogurt (make sure you get no sugar added), fresh chopped fruit, sliced almonds, and a dash of honey

eggs and toast: 2 fried of scrambled eggs and a piece of whole wheat, whole grain toast. look for a bread with low sugar content, a decent amount of fiber and ingredients you can pronounce

peanut butter and toast: two pieces of whole wheat toast with peanut butter. when you buy peanut butter again make sure you get sugar free and there are no other added ingredients. all peanut butter should be is peanuts. if there are other ingredients, it's probably not a great brand. you can top the pb with banana slices to make it more exciting.

omelette: lightly saute some veggies in olive or coconut oil - i like kale, red peppers, and tomatoes. pour two eggs over and cook through.

two hard boiled eggs and a string cheese is great for busy mornings, just grab at go. oatmeal packets are another easy solution if you have to eat at work or don't have much time. i like to add some blueberries and almonds to my oatmeal to keep me fuller for longer.

remember - PROTEIN!! Aim for at least 15 grams of protein at breakfast, if not more.

Thanx for reminding me about peanut butter, good toasted bread and bananas for breakfast.
    I am sick of eggs, and now am doing muesli and almond milk.
    When I get sick of that I'll need another choice. I just hope I can keep my mitts off the peanut butter jar late at night. Sigh.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I usually have what I call my "breakfast triad". I pick one from each category.

Grains (cereal, toast,1/2 bagel,rice cakes)

Dairy(skim milk, low fat yogurt,low fat cottage cheese)

Fruit (apple, raisins, bananas, sometimes peaches)

Tastes good, keeps me for 3hrs, which is when I make and eat lunch with my kids.
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If I have no time (which is the case 90% of the time):
    - Kashi Toasted Berry Cereal, 3/4 cup (51 g)
    - Skim milk, 3/4 cup

The Kashi cereal is the best darn cereal I've ever had. Try it if you can, I promise you won't be disappointed.

If I have the time:
    - 2 eggs
    - 1 cup diced onions
    - 1 cup peppers (green, red, yellow mix)
    - 2 tablespoons Pace salsa

The BEST eggs in the world.
  • ClinicalTrial
    ClinicalTrial Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A book, a speech and a few veggies. Radishes and cucumbers go well together.
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    -always coffee lol

general:
    -oatmeal w/ cinnamon or oatmeal w/ bananas, fruit
    -eggs, turkey bacon/sausage, toast, jelly
    -eggs + turkey sausage scramble
  • stardance1
    stardance1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    During the school year I make a protein shake with protein powder, almond milk, kale, and banana and take it to work with me, or I bring pre-made chia pudding. On weekends and in the summer, I make egg concoctions. Lately my favorite thing has been one slice of multi-grain toast topped with kimchi and a sliced hard boiled egg.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Usual go to breakfast is:

4 Scratch made waffles with natural peanut butter spread on top with maple syrup
    1 glass of chocolate milk
    1 banana
    1 travel mug size Keurig medium roast coffee with 2 scoops of pure cane sugar and 2 Tbsp. of International Delight Hershey's Chocolate and Caramel creamer...

if a switch it up, I drop the Waffles and have a bowl of Oatmeal with brown sugar and some chocolate chips sprinkle in..
  • APstiles
    APstiles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Currently, since it's summer break for me (teacher) it's a cheese string and a piece of fruit before my run.
    Then I usually come home and have something more filling before I hit the gym, this week it was a poached egg over a slice of toast and two pieces of turkey bacon. I tried eating a hard boiled egg and almost yacked. Just to clarify, I'm not going straight to the gym after eating . . . but the lifting I've been doing resulted in light headedness and feeling weak if I didn't eat something more substantial that wasn't burned off during my run.
    My sister does this neat thing with oatmeal where she puts it in the fridge over night with milk and fruit. It smells delicious.