What do you usually eat for breakfast?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• mskeeys
    mskeeys Posts: 6
    Options
    Always oatmeal - I like steel cut oats so I cook enough for a couple of days the night before. 1 cup of steel cut oats, 4-5 cups water, pinch of cinnamon, simmer for half an hour. Then I divide it into three containers so I'm good for three days. In the AM I will add a splash of almond milk and a bit of extra water, heat it up in the microwave for a few mins. Stir through a little bit of stevia, sprinkle with chia seeds, pepitas and goji berries. If I'm in a massive rush I'll just grab a banana to go.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    whatever i want but i try to fit it under 250 calories. one doesnt need a large breakfast just to break the fast.

i like to make my own granola bars and eat one of those. they are big and made of seeds, oats, and peanut butter and fill me up until lunch. so that and my coffee. i make them once every two weeks and keep em in a sealed container.

2 cups toasted old fashioned oats
    1/8 cup toasted flax seeds
    1/8 cups pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or sesame seeds
    1/4 cup toasted almonds or peanuts
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup honey or agave and more if needed.

toast all the oats seeds and nuts. add the honey to the hot seeds and mix. add peanut butter. mix. add more honey if it isnt sticking together. wet your hands and press into a 13x9 pan as well as you can. bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until the corners brown. cool and slice into 12 bars. my recipe builder came up with 195 calories each but i suggest using it for whatever changes you make.
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Options
    Cereal (either Bran Buds, muesli, oatmeal or a combination) with milk (skim, coconut, or soy). Since they're in season, I've been adding some blueberries or strawberries on top.

Every once in a while, I'll treat myself to two fried eggs with toast instead.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    2 quorn sausages, half a tin of baked beans, 1 fried egg and 2 large fried mushrooms
    i use my george foreman grill as much as i can :happy: to fry eggs i use a couple of squirts of the 1cal a squirt olive oil

sometimes i change it and have 2 slices of warburtons fruit loaf with half a tablespoon of peanut butter on each slice
    or bran flakes with skimmed milk and mixed berries

depends if i have a sweet tooth or not but i always feel fuller for longer after the savory meal :smile:
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It varies but most days I have a pretty big breakfast and it makes my day so much the better. Today, for example, I had stuffed french toast on texas toast (it had apple compote and cheddar), one fried egg and home fries.
  • foxcc
    foxcc Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yogurt, granola and fresh fruit, usually blueberries
    or
    Thomas whole grain low cal english muffin with peanut butter and banana slices on it
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • kspenglermoore
    kspenglermoore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bagel with low fat yoghurt spread and a slice of cheese accompanied with some fresh fruit (i.e. strawberries, nectarine or an apple)......or the same with german whole wheat bread or a high fiber bread........and maybe once a week I have fat free greek yoghurt with fruit and some low-fat granola.......those are my usuals
    once in a while I make a frittata chugged full of veggies like mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, onions, tomato, a little potato, a little fat-free cheese and egg beaters/egg whites plus usually some chopped up turkey sausage patties for meat.....the good thing is that this makes usually a whole big pan full and we freeze the rest portioned out......
    another once in a while is a breakfast skillet with lots of veggies and a little potato, egg beaters, fat free cheese and either the chopped up turkey sausage or some lower fat bacon.....
    the last two are also great when non-healthy eaters come over.... they can not tell that they are eating healthy food....lol
  • Pinay023
    Pinay023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usally have oatmeal at 8 then at 10 I have my nutritonal drink. Drinking a lot of water has helped my hunger cravings. Water makes you feel full once you drink enough of it.