Not tonight honey, a Friends re-run is on....

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Both of these people need to grow up.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My real question to everyone is why does a woman owe her husband sex? Not being in the mood is reason enough to not have sex. Would you even want to do it with someone who was uninterested the whole time? It's her body . . . and marriage should be MORE than about just sex. I think both parties involved are childish (the husband for making the sheet, the wife for publishing it) but I don't agree with everyone else that "this is why men cheat" and she's "purposely withholding sex" from her husband . . . All we know are the reasons she gave. Not why she gave them.

A wife should desire to please her husband, and vice versa. Yes, marriage should be more than just sex, but that's how a lot of people feel love. My husband can do dishes, take me to dinner, buy me flowers, write me love notes, and sit and watch chick flicks with me all night every night, but if he's not having sex with me on a regular basis, I am going to feel neglected.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Well, let's see, we know that she's recently gained weight and that she's been working a lot and stressed out. HMMMM... depression and stress are both libido killers. Maybe she has a hormone imbalance, maybe he's just an entitled jerk, maybe he sucks at sex, maybe she's not attracted to him anymore, maybe she has a medical condition that causes pain during intercourse, who knows what it is, but him being a **** to her certainly isn't going to help his case.

maybe she just didnt fancy it...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    with that kind of a batting average, she should be thankful he still wants to step up to the plate...

Love this!!!! & no shower after gym, she should be grateful lol :-D
    Grateful? Seriously?

Wow.
    I have lost all faith in humanity when a partner should be "grateful" .
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. Always nice to feel better about not being married.

Amen to that! I understand that married people don't always feel like being in bunny rabbit mode, but unless there is sickness or some medical issue, 3 times in a month is absurd. I would also be frustrated to the nth degree, and I am a woman. I doubt I would make a spreadsheet, but I would definitely be irritated by the situation.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm glad my husband doesn't do this.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Spreadsheet is comical.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Here's something to understand.

Getting turned down for sex because a rerun of Friends is on hurts. Because that show sucks and has been off the air for 10 years.

Exactly! This is why I thought it was funny that he made a point to write " rerun" next to that excuse. It would hurt even more if they had a DVR that could record shows.
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    So he seems adaptable... willing to keep trying.

Perhaps he needs to work a bit harder on the way he is working to convince her. Get her hot by appealing to what is between her EARS instead of just what's between her LEGS!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    2. "I'm still tender from yesterday." That tells me there's a disconnect when they're intimate.

NOT IF HES DOING IT RIGHT! lol

Indeed. Seems like her needs aren't getting met. I'd be turning him down too.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Can't argue w/ empirical data..............ha ha
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    So he seems adaptable... willing to keep trying.

Perhaps he needs to work a bit harder on the way he is working to convince her. Get her hot by appealing to what is between her EARS instead of just what's between her LEGS!

Not going to touch this one. :devil: :laugh:
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Xs6aRyR.jpg
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I wish people wouldn't bring the internet into their relationship. There's two sides to this.

She's not wrong, per se, for not wanting to be intimate. It's her body and if she doesn't want sex, nobody can condemn her for that. But coming up with BS reasons to avoid it is not the right way to go about it.

This guy could have talked to his wife and asked what the underlying issue was. Does she just not enjoy it anymore? Is there something they can do as a couple to make it easier/more comfortable/more enjoyable?

I'm sorry. Both of them are in the wrong. Talk to each other, don't stonewall, make up crappy excuses, and then complain to the internet.

And certainly don't rub it in your wife's face if she doesn't want to be intimate with you. Do the work to find out WHY.

Yep, I totally agree. If either partner isn't interested, it's not because they're "being a jerk," there's a reason. Women who are happy in a relationship don't avoid sex just to annoy their partner. If they were totally happy with themselves, their partner, the relationship, and the sex, there would be no reason not to jump in bed. So if they don't want to, something isn't working right. I'd recommend talking to each other instead of making excuses or keeping track of the excuses. Communication is SO important.
  • SomberG
    SomberG Posts: 36
    Options
    "I won't have time to get showered and ready for dinner (We were 20 minutes early)"

This comment though.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Here's something to understand.

Getting turned down for sex because a rerun of Friends is on hurts. Because that show sucks and has been off the air for 10 years.

Exactly! This is why I thought it was funny that he made a point to write " rerun" next to that excuse. It would hurt even more if they had a DVR that could record shows.

Tell me no because there's a new episode of Always Sunny! At least have good taste!

This is why I love you! :heart:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to say it (not really), but it's seriously no wonder guys cheat. Withholding sex from your man for that long while just making lame excuses is no better. Personally I don't believe his actions were wrong if he had previously tried to discuss things before many times to no avail. And if she put it on the net, so be it. In my eyes, she's the jerk and it only validates that.

Totally agree!
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It would have been better in calendar form. Maybe alongside a pie chart.