Short Girl Problems

Options
ge105
ge105 Posts: 268 Member
I'm not quite 5ft tall. Everyone finds this pretty hilarious. Short ladies- lets commiserate, what are your most hated short girl problems?

Mine:

- I am aware that I'm short- you don't need to notify me :laugh:

- "Petite" length pants are a lie.

- I don't "have" to wear heels to appear in public

Go!

Replies

• LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Using my head as an armrest...seriously?? It's NOT cute
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The top shelf in any grocery store aisle involves jumping like a little dog after a treat.

When you are doing this and then strangers start laughing at you instead of offering to help =P
  • pandacutie372
    pandacutie372 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'...I'd like to be shorter
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    "Oh! You are sooo short and small and cute!" - most annoying thing us short girls hear.

pshhh.. don't underestimate me. :laugh:
  • GuineaPiglet
    GuineaPiglet Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5'1 here!

Definitely top grocery shelf...where you resort to taking something off a lower shelf and hope to use it to knock what you really need down from the top!

5 lbs on a short gal is like 10 on someone taller

Although.....once you get in your 30s and everyone assumes early 20s it's not a bad gig! The short takes like 10 years off, I swear!
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Being called 'Shorty'. Do I call you 'Fatty?'

Having to move the driver's seat so far forward people think I'm praying on the steering wheel.

Trying to use a step ladder and still not reaching the light to change the lightbulb (I live alone).
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The short jokes.

"You're so short you could play handball against the curb."

"You know you're short when you can see your feet in your drivers license."

The list is endless.....
  • ge105
    Options
    "Oh! You are sooo short and small and cute!" - most annoying thing us short girls hear.

Haha- I always get scrappy when someone says this to me. I'm like "I can still take you!" lol
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    5'1 here!

Definitely top grocery shelf...where you resort to taking something off a lower shelf and hope to use it to knock what you really need down from the top!

5 lbs on a short gal is like 10 on someone taller

Although.....once you get in your 30s and everyone assumes early 20s it's not a bad gig! The short takes like 10 years off, I swear!

Amen on the 5# comment....
  • ge105
    Options
    The top shelf in any grocery store aisle involves jumping like a little dog after a treat.

When you are doing this and then strangers start laughing at you instead of offering to help =P

Or worse- you're reaching for tampons and they come over and help :embarassed:
  • greenteafairy
    greenteafairy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    -EVERYTHING at work is designed for taller people so I have to ask other people to do things for me or repeatedly get the step ladder.

-People calling you "vertically challenged"

-Finding pants that are actually the right length

-Being called "fun sized"

-Never being able to reach anything

-Being used as an arm rest (seriously, if you try this I'm going to bite off your arm and eat it)

Good things about being short include:

-Being closer to hell and thus being able to tell Satan who you want killed and that is all.
  • potatogirl741
    potatogirl741 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

^This. I just did this at the grocery store. Couldn't see the back of the top shelf to see if they had what I needed and there was no bottom shelf for me to use as a step. Let the jumping commence...
  • ge105
    Options
    Using my head as an armrest...seriously?? It's NOT cute

I don't get this- why do tall people do this? It hurts my neck you guys! STAAAAHHHP!
  • jesseme
    jesseme Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Seeing up tall folks' noses...not cool.
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Yes!

Having to get a chair to put things in the top shelf in my own home as well :(

Looking younger though - totally fine by me! (I'm 5"1)
  • LadyRN76
    Options

It is TOTALLY gross... :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • greenteafairy
    greenteafairy Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I forgot about that... totally not something you want to see. Especially when they have hairy nostrils.
  • ge105
    Options
    -EVERYTHING at work is designed for taller people so I have to ask other people to do things for me or repeatedly get the step ladder.

-People calling you "vertically challenged"

-Finding pants that are actually the right length

-Being called "fun sized"

-Never being able to reach anything

-Being used as an arm rest (seriously, if you try this I'm going to bite off your arm and eat it)

Good things about being short include:

-Being closer to hell and thus being able to tell Satan who you want killed and that is all.

LMAO- Never heard that last one- LOVE IT!
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    Being a nurse and doing chest compressions on your tip toes..because the doc is trying to intubate and he's 6'3