Short Girl Problems

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I love short women. My mother is 4'10" and my sister is 5' even, so I feel tall around them even though I'm only 5'8". Also, it provides entertainment when I go down to Louisiana to visit....it's fun putting things I know they'll need on top of the fridge. :laugh:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    My kids made me a birthday cake one year and hid it on top of the fridge. I'm 5' even.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    short chicks are touchy it seems

Don't get me wrong. I truly don't mind being 4'9". I actually look for the cute tall ones to get things off the top shelf. It's more fun. The thing I find frustrating is simply not being taken seriously because "your just so small and that's so darn cute". It makes ya feel like you are 12.
  • sammharley1
    sammharley1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Getting called 'cute' all the time!

I dont want to be cute! I want to be damn hot!!!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    5'1 here!

Definitely top grocery shelf...where you resort to taking something off a lower shelf and hope to use it to knock what you really need down from the top!

5 lbs on a short gal is like 10 on someone taller

Although.....once you get in your 30s and everyone assumes early 20s it's not a bad gig! The short takes like 10 years off, I swear!

^^^^ Yup, yup and yup ;)
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Seeing up tall folks' noses...not cool.

I forgot about that... totally not something you want to see. Especially when they have hairy nostrils.

Note to self: Trim nose hairs.

And ear hair too. Both are disgusting. NO ONE wants to see that.

(I've relayed a story to my son and my husband about how many men DO NOT take care of this).
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    having t-rex arms. seriously, I can't reach anything.
  • heatherv89
    heatherv89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh my god- I HATE THAT!!!!!
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Let me count the ways...
    1. My son was talller than me when he was 10
    2. Every little lb shows up like so much more
    3. People feeling the need to say "You are so short"
    4. Two words. Grocery shopping
    5. and the final thing .... using my head as an arm rest. verrry annnoyyying
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I bruised my ribs once trying to reach a sock left in the washer. I keep a stool next to my washer now.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    JC Penny actually has Petite SHORT pants.

The sun visor thing is so serious.

I am not ashamed to ask someone to help me get something down.

However, I've been saving glass jars to grow my plant cuttings in. My husband hates it. I had a jar on the counter and he was going to toss it. I told him not to and he got all huffy. So I said, can you just stick it in the cabinet for me??

... so he did. and he looked at me as he placed it on the TOP SHELF. I glared at him and said "You're an a-hole."

His reply? "You know, I kinda got a little bit of pleasure out of that."

He doesn't normally harass me about my shortness.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    capris don't exist .... :grumble:
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - here's some of the 'stuff' us petite's deal with daily......

- I have to sit on a cushion when I drive to see properly over the hood of my vehicle (my husband calls it my 'booster seat)

- parades, concerts, movies - anything in a crowd situation - forget it - you don't see a THING but the backs of other peoples' heads

- the top shelf/grocery store thing? I will scale the shelves to get what I want - WATCH OUT!

- when you're seated at a booth in a restaurant, 9 times out of 10 my feet don't reach the ground - they're swinging in the breeze

- petite clothes - why are the SLEEVES so long?! I still have to roll them up!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    1. My son was talller than me when he was 10

I'm told that I'm average height for a guy (5'8"), and my oldest passed me up before he was 14, and my youngest is well on his way to doing the same thing. My wife is a midget Amazonian. I say midget because at 5'10", she's the short one in her family. Two sisters and a brother over 6' (6'1" & 6'3" for the sisters and 6'5" for her brother), and her baby sister is 5'11". Proudest moment in my life was when we got his first school class picture (Pre-K) and he was the middle kid in the back row (I was always a front row kid).
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My mom is 5'0", i'm 6'3". When I went off to college she replaced me with a step stool. I have to say that it hurts that I can so easily be replaced.

Ok... This is hilarious! :flowerforyou: My oldest son is not even 10 and his height is slightly above my shoulders already. I think I'm going to love having 4 hulking boys to replace my step stool. :tongue:
  • b218w
    b218w Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Im 4 11
    Con: Most clothing don't fit right even in the petite section. Also, needing to look up at everyone. My head and eyes get sore too.

gosh i thought i was the only one.....the petite clothes do not fit....pants are always too long even when labelled petite
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    one time on a date, I got asked if I needed a booster seat by the waiter when I sat down in the booth and the table came up to my chin LOLLLLLLLL

the kitchen shelves are such an issue ..... wasted space up there .. .annoys me so much since I have a small kitchen ... I put all of my hubby's stuff up there since he is 6'5 LOL
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Con: Having to walk twice as fast in order to keep up!
    Pro: Burn more calories trying to keep up than our taller, long-legged friends at a normal pace.
    Con: Burn less calories to just live! Low BMR's. When I hit goal, my BMR will only be 1,009 calories! Makes maintenance harder than our taller pals.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    capris don't exist .... :grumble:

ohhhh girl try Bermuda shorts .... they are capri length for us LOLLL
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I've always had a healthy respect for shorter women... my mom was on the short side. Her tagline was 'dynamite comes in small packages'... she wasn't wrong! :smile: