ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    short chicks are touchy it seems

sigh.
  • airbearlover
    airbearlover Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with being called cute? I don't get it

I recently found out I am shorter than I always thought I was and I haven't had time to get angry about anything

I'm not angry. I like being short most days. But I do like to feel sexy at times and from experience bfs get too wrapped up in cuteness overload at times to think of such a "cute" girl thinking that way. :p
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with being called cute? I don't get it

I recently found out I am shorter than I always thought I was and I haven't had time to get angry about anything

I'm not angry. I like being short most days. But I do like to feel sexy at times and from experience bfs get too wrapped up in cuteness overload at times to think of such a "cute" girl thinking that way. :p

Yes <3
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I guess the struggle is real
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Reaching items from my top shelf involves either the use of my trusty wooden spoon or the climbing of the counter.
    At concerts or at the cinema, the person standing/sitting in front of me is always 7ft tall.
    I would need to wear stilts to be able to wear most jeans without walking on the bottoms and fraying them...oh, the fraying of the trousers!!!
    Yes, The struggle IS real... :tongue:
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    For me it's scrub bottoms. I can usualy find jeans that fit me well but scrubs are normally one size fits all in their size...like there is no short, regular large size scrub pants! I am constantly pulling my pants up at work and all my patients just think it's so funny!
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    People buy me small clothes because I'm "small". No, I'm not small, I'm short. I have normal sized hands and feet, I'm overweight and have large breasts. Small sizes do not fit me.

Not to mention the jokes and struggling to reach things.

I don't really mind being short though, overall.
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Anyone that's just slightly taller likes to reiterate that fact every time you're with them!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Trying to clean the windshield of my car. They just don't make those things long enough (that's what she said).
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Finding clothes that fit is my main issue. Petite is 5 foot 4...so what does that make me at 5 foot 1...? Does that mean I have some sort of medical condition? On the flip side we seldom bump our heads and can stretch out in the bathtub, car, and sofa with ease :)
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'2, I've always been called small but I never saw it as a bad thing! Infact, I quite like it :flowerforyou:

(I do have to roll jeans up at the ends though, that's pretty annoying)
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2. I was JUST in a library and had to ask for help in reaching a book on the top shelf (it was not super high, someone an inch-two taller could have gotten it no problem). Other than that, I like being small :happy:
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I don't mind being short at all. I sometimes find that people underestimate me and love proving them wrong :wink:

One thing that does annoy me - if I go to work not wearing heels all I hear all day is "Bloody hell, you're small" - well, no **** sherlock!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    pity.

those pitying looks around you, as if somehow you are not a normal person with exactly the same emotional and intellectual range as anyone taller.

the use of adjectives when referring to you - why do short people always have to be 'Little Susan' rather than just 'Susan'?

the way you can get treated as a child even as a full-grown (shorter) adult. I did an archery class and everyone else got left to do their own lining up and taking the shot, whereas I got talked through EVERY STEP each and EVERY time. Even when I told the guy to back off and leave me to it he still did it. I'm an adult, I have degrees and everything, I think I can handle your instructions.

The way everyone else seems to think being short is a daily issue, whereas in reality, it's not.

and no, I don't have small feet, they are slightly bigger than average (which can make me look stupid in shoes.....)
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    - The walls and ceilings at work seem a lot higher, and then I realise how short I am (5ft 2ins)

- My boyfriend calls me Twinkle Toes because of my small feet (size 36EU!! Which a size 3 in the UK and I think a 5 in the US)

- When the sun visor doesn't reach my face when I'm driving, because I'm too short

- When I'm sitting on the floor and the cat is standing on his two back paws and his two front paws are on the table and he ends up being taller than me!! MY CAT IS TALLER THAN ME

- A couple of weeks ago, I thought I bumped into a very old friend from school, and turns out I did. He said to me later on, ''I was wondering who was that midget standing next to me on the train'' -_- at one point in our lives, I was taller than him!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Having to climb on counters to get stuff out of cabinets sucks.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    short chicks are touchy it seems

Must be the higher air pressure down there!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Seeing up tall folks' noses...not cool.

I forgot about that... totally not something you want to see. Especially when they have hairy nostrils.

Note to self: Trim nose hairs.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My mom is 5'0", i'm 6'3". When I went off to college she replaced me with a step stool. I have to say that it hurts that I can so easily be replaced.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    My mom is 5'0", i'm 6'3". When I went off to college she replaced me with a step stool. I have to say that it hurts that I can so easily be replaced.
    Now that's funny. Whenever my tall friends are over its like a bonus. I don't have to go get a step stool just to get my supplies to cook dinner. Is it bad that I am jealous of the kitchen on little people big world?