Short Girl Problems

Options

Replies

• Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    What I love about being short is the looking younger than I am.

The one thing I REALLY hate is the resting one's arm on my head. It made me feel like a child. VERY disrepectful to do to someone, friend/family or stranger.
    In high school, the "boys" would do this to me on occasion. Which is why I'm more attracted to short guys other than tall. I see tall guys, I remember "arm rest" I think I don't want a "daddy figure".

I also just recently ran into a women I used to work with, she actually patted me on the head and said "still short"........I so very badly wanted to reply "still fat!" But I'm not a jerk. (But she is still fat and that made me happy :devil: )
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Short girl's are awesome

52918197.jpg
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not being able to wear "maxi dresses" because they're too long
    Capris look like high water pants
    Having to roll up the bottom of pants, even though you know damn well you bought it in a short!
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've always had a healthy respect for shorter women... my mom was on the short side. Her tagline was 'dynamite comes in small packages'... she wasn't wrong! :smile:

Ok, stealing your Mom's quote.... That's awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Vertically challenged women are hot too, so you have that going for you!
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I hate it when:

1) People try to physically lift me off the ground

2) Tell me I'm not eating enough.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My tagline is:

I may be small but I walk tall
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I don't mind being 5' tall. I don't know any other way. Short people are creative and we are great climbers.

TIP: When you consistently use a steak knife to get the mixer off the top shelf, eventually it cuts the cord!
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Vertically challenged women are hot too, so you have that going for you!
    Thank you
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". All of my kids are considerably taller than I am. They pat me on the head calling me their 'little momma'.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Height was never a factor when I was dating. It's neither a positive or a negative.

When I was dating I was looking for personality compatibility.

I've dated women from 4'11" to 6'4". Loved them all. Settled on a 5'2" model about 25 years ago and she is the perfect height for me. If she was 6', she would still be my perfect match.

Height means jackshlt.
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"... I hate that I can't reach tall places :( I have to climb my kitchen counter to reach the top shelves :(
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    By the way, the girl I dated that was 6'4" is still a great friend. She married a man that was 6'10". They had their house built to accommodate their heights.

About 10 years ago my wife (5'2") visited them and stayed in their home. When we arrived, after an 18 hour drive, my wife needed a shower. She hadn't unpacked yet, so my friend said to just use their toiletries.

When my wife came out from her shower, she told me she couldn't reach anything, because the shelf in the shower was too high and that, by the time the water reached her from the shower head (that was 8 feet up), it was a mist.

It's all relative.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Top of head is NOT a beer rest.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My mom is 5'0", i'm 6'3". When I went off to college she replaced me with a step stool. I have to say that it hurts that I can so easily be replaced.

this made me lol

I'm shorter than my mom AND dad :sad: I always had to scale the shelves like most the ladies around here or grab a stool if I wasn't being too lazy.

Another pro tip- if you jump up and grab something with a handle- the handle might knock something else down onto your head. Best get a stool for that :laugh:
  • danielleeu
    danielleeu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My mom is 5'0", i'm 6'3". When I went off to college she replaced me with a step stool. I have to say that it hurts that I can so easily be replaced.

LOL, tall guy problems!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Cooking is a full-blown workout, jumping on counters to get the spice at the top pf the shelf. :laugh:

(I'm 4'11" 5/8, but I round up to 5' because people like to snicker at the "5/8" part. And I refuse to sell myself short *ba-doom tsss!* by saying 4'11" 1/2)
  • danielleeu
    danielleeu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    At concerts or at the cinema, the person standing/sitting in front of me is always 7ft tall.
    I

Don't you just hate that?! Especially since I am often there early to be first and for some reason they end up in front of me. I mean, if I only wanted to listen to the music I would have stayed home and popped in the band's cd to listen to it and saved myself the money. :grumble: (Thankfully this has only happened to me 2 times.)

And the same can be said for the theater...it can be nearly empty and that 7 foot tall person will still find you and sit in front of you.
    And being questioned at amusement parks... Yes I am tall enough and capable enough to ride your stupid ride.

I have gone with friends and they always find it funny to make me stand in front of the size chart to "make sure I am tall enough" even when the height for the ride is only 4 feet tall (and I'm 5 foot 1). :grumble:

Oh, and when I was in high school and went with a friend to go see a rated R movie, which I was old enough to see (I was 17 at the time) but my friend said he would go get the tickets because they wouldn't believe I was old enough to buy them (ironicly he was 16, and they didn't even ask him for ID).

The whole shoe thing...why are all heels made the same height when the shoes range from size 5-12? Do you think I want to stand on my toes all day because you couldn't be bothered to grade the shoes incline based on the persons shoe size? :grumble: Now to interject a positive note in the shoe department, I can also fit into kids shoes...so my Converse are always $10-$20 cheaper because I can get them in a kids size 3. :happy:
    5ft: My seat belt rest on my neck and the sun visor blocks nothing but my happiness

LOL! And this ^ too!

Oh, and finally, when tall people purposefully hold thing above your head and out of reach because they think it's funny to see you jump to try and get it. :frown:

Ok, end of rant...other than those things I really don't mind all that much being short...I mean I didn't stand much of a chance, everyone (on both sides of my family) is rather short (hmmm...maybe that is why I tend to like taller guys...).
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I've always had a healthy respect for shorter women... my mom was on the short side. Her tagline was 'dynamite comes in small packages'... she wasn't wrong! :smile:

hey thats one of my taglines too! :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with being called cute? I don't get it

because some of us would like to be considered sexy once in a while