Short Girl Problems

Options

Replies

• ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    having to move the driver's seat forward so that my feet touch the pedals, but my chest is squished in the steering wheel.

When I go to the store, I take my umbrella in with me (rain or shine) and use it to help get things off the top shelves. It also doubles as a weapon for people who pick on me for being short.

Brilliant!
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and I hate when people say (normally with a smirk) good things come in small packages....seriously??

As to getting things off the top shelf I don't even ask anymore I simply climb up the shelves and get it myself! A few days ago I was at Walmart getting my boyfriend some Dr Pepper and a guy who was about 5'9-ish was looking at the last 2 liter of Sam's Cola waaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back of the shelf. He made a comment like "Of course the last bottle would be stuck in the back!" So I simply shimmed up two shelves and snagged it for him! He was like "Oh gosh be careful!" afterwards I winked at him and said "I'm used it climbing things you have to when you're short!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    The top shelf in any grocery store aisle involves jumping like a little dog after a treat.

^^^ This
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    Using my head as an armrest...seriously?? It's NOT cute

This one drives me CRAZY!!!
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    Thought of another thing.....being short usually goes hand in hand with having children's sized feet. Not too many stilettos available in the children's department. I have to special order heels in a 4.5 and it's pretty inconvenient and spendy.

Damnit wanna switch? I'm 5'2 with size 10!
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Everyone keeps talking about the annoyance of reaching things on the top shelves in grocery stores (and it IS annoying) but no one mentioned how much of a pain in the butt it is to have to climb up on the kitchen counter to reach anything on upper shelves of the cabinets.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    Options

Fair point. I've been called an "ankle biter" on more than one occasion when asserting myself.

People think I'm a lot younger than I am, but no one has commented on my height since I was a teenager. Developing 'resting b!tch face' helps a lot. I'm 5'2"; I've been told that I project as being taller. (whatever that means?!?)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    Options
    Everyone keeps talking about the annoyance of reaching things on the top shelves in grocery stores (and it IS annoying) but no one mentioned how much of a pain in the butt it is to have to climb up on the kitchen counter to reach anything on upper shelves of the cabinets.

meh... I have a little step stool for that, lol!
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My sister is 5'9" and I'm 5'1' (on a good day), so she enjoys putting her arm on my head like I'm an armrest.

My fiancé the one time we argued quoted the big bang theory "You're so little, it's funny when you're mad"

"Oh my God, I forgot how short you are!" Really? Bc I didn't
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

What you do to put a stop to this one is tilt your head up and bite down hard on the offending limb. It will be awhile before it happens to you again!
  • GOLDEA0009
    Options
    I'm 5'1 on a good day:) When your short gaining 5lbs is like gaining 15 on a tall person..NOT FAIR!!! 5 Oreos and I've gained weight!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    At 4' 10.25" I have learned to accept I am vertically challenged. But some good things are I am the first one out of an evacuation because I can go under peoples legs. It takes no time at all to shave my legs and if I wear the eight clothes I can get the kids discount (if it's a badly lit area and I wear somerhing that hides my boobs.

Most embarrassing thing that has happened? Walking down the hall at my kid's school and hearing a teacher tell me to get to class. Okay it would have been flattering had it been high school but it was elementary. Hahahaha!!!

But to answer the question, my biggest burden would be needing a stepladder to reach the back of the lowest shelf in my cabinet (or tongs...whichever is closer).
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

What you do to put a stop to this one is tilt your head up and bite down hard on the offending limb. It will be awhile before it happens to you again!

My trick for this is to simply side step away...watch them stumble and if you're really lucky, fall. Hahahaha!
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 on a good day:) When your short gaining 5lbs is like gaining 15 on a tall person..NOT FAIR!!! 5 Oreos and I've gained weight!

I'm 5'2 1/2" and really gaining 5 to 7 pounds is cause for a whole new size of clothes. A tall person barely knows their weight fluctuated.

My other complaints... No one takes me seriously when I'm mad because apparently it's cute. Wearing heels professionally is pretty much a must. Clothing (even the petites) looks better and the extra height eliminates short jokes. Being called cute is annoying. I'm not a little girl.

The plus side... No one thinks I'm my age :) Everyone guesses me at quite a bit younger. May that continue for a long time.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

My trick for this is to simply side step away...watch them stumble and if you're really lucky, fall. Hahahaha!

Hm. Probably an even better idea. Less evidence of wrongdoing than teeth impressions!
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Patting my head just because I'm 4'9" tall. I am 33 years old people, not your puppy. People telling me "don't worry great things come in small packages" as if I worry about my height. I respond with yeah well so does dynamite, I cam handle myself thank you!
  • BekahJ95
    BekahJ95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When people drop stuff and ask you to pick it up because "you're closer to the ground"
  • smiles9090
    smiles9090 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Agree agree agree to 1 and 2!!!!!!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    The most annoying things about being short, for me:

1. I have to take a knee onto the counter to get something from the top shelf in any kitchen.

2. Being blinded by the sun because I'm too short to be covered by the car's sun visor.

3. At some point, all my pants fray and tatter.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Also:

imnotshort_large.gif