Short Girl Problems

Options

Replies

• SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Aww look at your cute feet and little hands......not a science experiment people so lay off. Having my second grade students set a goal to be taller than me by the end of the year.....it has happened since I am 4'9". People laughing because I can't reach something.....really it's annoying not funny so back off! Oh and the sun visor thing.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    When my tall husband and sons decide to put things I need on the highest shelves because "that's where they belong." Also, when they move my step stool.
  • Mscellseeker
    Options
    Being short is great on an airplane, you'll always have extra leg room. However, for me, the arm rest is too low for my elbows to reach. I put my husband's bag under my feet to rest my lower back and have my purse on my lap to my shoulders and arms can rest.

Agree with being so short the sun visors don't work.. so annoying..! :)
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Aww look at your cute feet and little hands......not a science experiment people so lay off. Having my second grade students set a goal to be taller than me by the end of the year.....it has happened since I am 4'9". People laughing because I can't reach something.....really it's annoying not funny so back off! Oh and the sun visor thing.

Oh god! Yes this! I'm 5'0 and it's always OMG your hands and feet are SO small. Ugh... so rude.
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11'' and I enjoy rock concerts alot.... When I can see them. I don't appreciate getting elbowed in the neck or chest by people who are usually closer to 6' that wont trade places with me.

I've learned how to bypass the frozen food section. Take a box you can reach and use the corner in the spaces on the bottom of the shelf you can't reach until the food you're trying to get falls down for you.
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    And being questioned at amusement parks... Yes I am tall enough and capable enough to ride your stupid ride.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I seriously get accused of being 14 (my daughter age) continually.

Ok people, most 14 yr olds aren't a DD, so knock it off,

Oh and it's hilarious AND annoying when someone comes to my door and adds if my parents are home. I'm almost 35 people!! :happy: :grumble:
  • Yielding2no1
    Yielding2no1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11 and I went out to dinner with my husband and two daughters which they were 10 and 6 at the time. The hostess looks at my husband and says how sweet you're taking your girls out to dinner... Will that be 3 kids menus? Like really?!?! So I said no thanks but could you tell me the drink specials? She turned bright red.

I have been this height for 23 years... Stopped growing when I was 13. I really don't need to be reminded how short I am, I'm very aware!

The grocery store is annoying so I never go shopping without my husband, he is 5'11.

I always buy ankle pants because I never have to cut them off versus buying petite jeans.
  • 78Brownie
    78Brownie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5ft: My seat belt rest on my neck and the sun visor blocks nothing but my happiness
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Questioning my competence based on my height.
    I have a vision for a petite store if someone is interested in starting it. First of all there will be no plus size section. Yes I'm petite and fluffy....I exist! No matter the size you will shop from every rack. The shoe section will make the angels sing because there will be no blinking lights, no cut out butterflies, and no assumptions of narrow feet just because they are little. also, tights and stockings will not cause elephant ankles of gathered stockings around my ankles (not sexy)
    And another thing, I bought a maxi dress.....and cut off 12 inches. I hate not being able to buy cute skirts with designs because I would have to cut off the design to make it wearable.
    Oh and (sorry I'm on a roll) my two sisters are only a few inches taller than me and if we get asked if we are TRIPLETS one more time I'm going to scream. No we aren't , no it isn't cute, I'm a grown woman I would like to be pretty, beautiful, sexy even, not cute.
  • Yielding2no1
    Yielding2no1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Last time my nephew tried to use my head as an arm rest I threatened to wax his armpit if he ever does that again. That ended that. Lol
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    To the former lawyer: I have always had a theory that male lawyers possess an advantage in court. No matter how sharp, no matter how smart, the female lawyer is at a disadvantage because people subconsciously view the male as having a more commanding presence-- because of his taller stature and deeper voice.
  • cplourd1228
    Options
    4'9" here and I LOVE being short. Although I laughed at the car visor comment . Recently started rock climbing and some of the holds are made for those that have a 6 foot wingspan. Makes it that much better when you actually get to he top of that wall.. Embrace your shortness ladies :)
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    4'9" here and I LOVE being short. Although I laughed at the car visor comment . Recently started rock climbing and some of the holds are made for those that have a 6 foot wingspan. Makes it that much better when you actually get to he top of that wall.. Embrace your shortness ladies :)

I found it hard to rock climb when I tried it for this reason.

And I actually don't mind being short- there are positives. I actually was just at the mall which is what spurred this. Definitely felt too short for everything; nothing fit in length, I couldn't reach the credit card swipe thing and everyone thinks I'm a kid lmao! Its nice to hear from other short ladies who can feels. I'm the shortest person I know in real life (thats an adult) haha!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    short chicks are touchy it seems
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Con: Most clothing don't fit right even in the petite section. Also, needing to look up at everyone. My head and eyes get sore too.
    Pro: People are oddly nicer to me when it comes to my height. Not gonna lie though, I actually like it when strangers help me get something from the top shelf whether it's in the library or at a grocery store; and they're always friendly about it too.
  • airbearlover
    airbearlover Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    "Oh! You are sooo short and small and cute!" - most annoying thing us short girls hear.

pshhh.. don't underestimate me. :laugh:

Ditto on this. Like I want my boyfriends to always gush at "how cute I am/look" all the time? I swear, if you're a short girl everything you do in normal life - like use a step stool to reach high shelves, do the afore mentioned iteam reaching methods, how you can only use half a beds length comfortably, ect- becomes the epitome of adorable. I like being cute. Yes. But I also like to feel sexy. Cute and sexy is needed in a perfect balance. Plus this shortty has spunk. She just chooses to be "cute" most the time. But she has a bit of wild cat runing through her veins.
    Don't underestimate spirited short girls. :p
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I got carded when hubby and I were checking into a hotel. My boys' teachers assumed I was their babysitter. And when going out with hubby's family, I got the kid's menu.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with being called cute? I don't get it

I recently found out I am shorter than I always thought I was and I haven't had time to get angry about anything
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 6'2 so he is a foot taller then me and at times he will place things out of reach on purpose to mess with me. He thinks it's funny but it really annoys me and he'll laugh at me as I clamber up on the counter to grab it. I can stand up on the counter tops at full height and still not be able to reach the ceiling!

Oh and when we wrestle he'll put his hand on my head and he'll literally hold me at arms length so I can't reach him! Soooo not fair lol