Short Girl Problems

Options

Replies

• NewGirlThatsMe
    NewGirlThatsMe Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'2...lol.

I am smaller - hands and feet too. Everyone wants to compare like I am a circus freak.

Hugging people can be awkward sometimes

I cant reach anything, even in my own home.

I have to jump up to hang things (coats, etc.) sometimes.
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The top shelf in any grocery store aisle involves jumping like a little dog after a treat.

It's the worst when I have to climb the shelves or climb the freezer shelving to get to something...grr
  • Christineclendaniel
    Options

- I am aware that I'm short- you don't need to notify me :laugh:

Oh, and this, its like the same people say it all of the time. Like I have gotten shorter since yesterday when you stood next to me, looked down upon me and said "you're short".....
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 feet and I have all the same problems in reverse lol. That and I get every short person asking me to get something for them at least twice at the grocery store every time I go lol
  • Christineclendaniel
    Options
    I'm 6 feet and I have all the same problems in reverse lol. That and I get every short person asking me to get something for them at least twice at the grocery store every time I go lol

From every short person that you have assisted...I thank you :)
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The #1 thing that bothers me is being called cute. You can say my outfit is but if you are referring to me in general don't use cute. But also the having to stretch my body or jump for something just out of reach. Just today I had to kinda stretch myself to get the car keys that were on the top hook. Luckily no one was taking pictures.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Having to get on tip toes to bathe large dog breeds. (Using a step stool sometimes to bathe large dog breeds.)
    Boobs being at perfect elbowing height for the talls.
    Having to be on tip toes to use card readers/bag your own groceries.
    Having to have a lower calorie consumption than most

The best things about being short:
    Being able to hide in clothes racks without even trying
    Not being able to avoid face-boob-smash while hugging the talls
    Wearing heels and still feeling tiny
    Perfect height to scan the kid cereals.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options

From every short person that you have assisted...I thank you :)

I don't mind...it'd be kind of jerky for me to not help lol
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    These are great! Somebody understand :laugh: :heart:
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3 1/2"' and have NEVER wanted to be taller! In fact, when I was 11 years old I recall thinking, "Damn! I am over 5' now-- I didn't want to get any taller than that!" I am very pleased with my exact height. I always make certain I stand right in front in group photos! No one ever asks me to reach for anything! Being petite has definite advantages. When wearing professional business attire, the look I aim for is decorative, delicate-- someone they'd never think to ask to lift that box of files! Also, very tall men, which is what my type is, very often are attracted to women a foot shorter than them (i.e., Dr. Phil & Robin)!
  • Christineclendaniel
    Options
    Man, I hate to even admit this, but I used to carry a red step stool with me in my SUV...ok, actually I still do :blushing: Still doesnt help when doing basic things...my tip toes have carried me far, I blame that skill on my huge calf muscles.

I also love the "did you get shorter" comments....as I am wearing 3 inch heels or wedges, ugh
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Although.....once you get in your 30s and everyone assumes early 20s it's not a bad gig! The short takes like 10 years off, I swear!

But this too can be a problem. I am not really short (5'3") but even at that size it was harder to project an image that suggested competence and power. I was a lawyer in my younger days and always wore my highest heels to court. You are definitely at a psychological disadvantage when opposing counsel is literally looking down on you.
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Having students that are taller than you when you teach ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    LOL I love this thread!! I am 5'2", and I definitely agree that 5 pounds gained on my body is the equivalent of about 15 on someone else. :-P

But I try to look at the bright side - at least it was always easy to find a guy who was taller than me even in my highest shoes.

Thank goodness for the petite section at Macy's.... seems like everything else I try on, ya know, "regular people sized" is too long and just makes me look funny.
  • ge105
    Options
    I am 5' 3 1/2"' and have NEVER wanted to be taller! In fact, when I was 11 years old I recall thinking, "Damn! I am over 5' now-- I didn't want to get any taller than that!" I am very pleased with my exact height. I always make certain I stand right in front in group photos! No one ever asks me to reach for anything! Being petite has definite advantages. When wearing professional business attire, the look I aim for is decorative, delicate-- someone they'd never think to ask to lift that box of files! Also, very tall men, which is what my type is, very often are attracted to women a foot shorter than them (i.e., Dr. Phil & Robin)!

Its funny about the guys- my fiancé is just over 6ft tall and the only other person who ever showed any interest (I met my fiance when I was very young so there wasn't much chance for others) was 6'3''.

Although.....once you get in your 30s and everyone assumes early 20s it's not a bad gig! The short takes like 10 years off, I swear!

But this too can be a problem. I am not really short (5'3") but even at that size it was harder to project an image that suggested competence and power. I was a lawyer in my younger days and always wore my highest heels to court. You are definitely at a psychological disadvantage when opposing counsel is literally looking down on you.

Yeah....it can be a problem. Sometimes my fiancé gets dirty looks when he's out with me. People must think he's a dirty old man taking advantage of a young girl when the truth is I'm older haha!

I also get dirty looks at the liquor store or when I order drinks often. They practically roll their eyes while they ask for ID :laugh: Can't wait til its a plus though for sure.
  • ge105
    Options
    LOL I love this thread!! I am 5'2", and I definitely agree that 5 pounds gained on my body is the equivalent of about 15 on someone else. :-P

But I try to look at the bright side - at least it was always easy to find a guy who was taller than me even in my highest shoes.

Thank goodness for the petite section at Macy's.... seems like everything else I try on, ya know, "regular people sized" is too long and just makes me look funny.

I often shop in the boys or girls sections cause even the petites are long :blushing:

At least its cheaper :-D
  • GuineaPiglet
    GuineaPiglet Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Fair point. I've been called an "ankle biter" on more than one occasion when asserting myself.
  • ge105
    Options

Fair point. I've been called an "ankle biter" on more than one occasion when asserting myself.

Ouch

:flowerforyou:
  • Pamella924
    Pamella924 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    having to move the driver's seat forward so that my feet touch the pedals, but my chest is squished in the steering wheel.

When I go to the store, I take my umbrella in with me (rain or shine) and use it to help get things off the top shelves. It also doubles as a weapon for people who pick on me for being short.
  • GuineaPiglet
    GuineaPiglet Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thought of another thing.....being short usually goes hand in hand with having children's sized feet. Not too many stilettos available in the children's department. I have to special order heels in a 4.5 and it's pretty inconvenient and spendy.