Why are people so hateful??

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Anyone else come in line with some down right hostile threads going on here.....This is supposed to be a place of help and support, not ripping each other to shreds on who is right and wrong. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will for someone else and vice versa. Am I alone on this? :grumble:

COWARDS who are afraid to stand up to people face to face where they could easily get their A** kicked are capable of coming online and saying what they please as they hide behind the computer screen in their mommy's basement where they live.

Almost didn't recognize you because you took your face pictures off. Is the only thing you post about how people are cowards behind the computer screen? It's like your thing, isn't it?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. A lot of other people read hostility into the remarks that could go either way.

These threads don't end well.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

it's not even a page long thread- it can't be full of haters. Everyone knows hater threads are at LEAST 10 pages long.
    Why did I think it was 11.3?

Perhaps your standards or your science is wrong.

But I'll bet it's just because you're eating the wrong gelato!
    Clearly I need to recalibrate some sh1t. I'll eat the wrong gelatos until I find the right one. (I think that lacks logic but then I can have even more gelato to console myself.)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    gif19.gif
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Is this third-person butthurt about the shiritaki noodle "mac and cheese" thread?

Huh?

I'm going to have to find that!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    flounce-bingo_large.jpg

Bingo.
    Ooooh, this might come in handy. It is so creative.
  • smash820
    smash820 Posts: 22
    Options
    That is actually not what I am referring to but I appreciate everyone assuming that is was...:drinker:
    We assumed it was because you were vague. If you think that someone was hateful towards you, where's the thread?

It wasn't related towards me at all...Just a general observation I have been noticing over the forums lately. It could happen all the time but I haven't been looking in the past few months to notice.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    That is actually not what I am referring to but I appreciate everyone assuming that is was...:drinker:

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

It is almost too late now but...

h-g-h.gif
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Ah, the obligatory sexypants link.
    *scratches that off my MFP Bingo card*

This thread's gonna send me to Cancun!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Is this third-person butthurt about the shiritaki noodle "mac and cheese" thread?

Huh?

I'm going to have to find that!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1374118-42-calorie-macaroni-and-cheese?page=1
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Haters will be here and everywhere. The only thing that MFP does it to allow them to really show their true colors. In a help and support forum then you will have all types of people because society has shifted from a thought process (Smart) people to ignorance (Stupid). When you see a hater typing then that person is the same in real life. Until one really knows his/ her ones self then the problem wont be solved.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Anyone else come in line with some down right hostile threads going on here.....This is supposed to be a place of help and support, not ripping each other to shreds on who is right and wrong. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will for someone else and vice versa. Am I alone on this? :grumble:

No you aren't alone. Certain folk for whatever reason feel they have the right to be nasty, snarky and downright mean which does translate quite often into attacking others. There's three choices for those who want to enjoy the forums without having to deal with the negative. You can report the member (link under the offending post), unofficially ignore the member or officially ignore the member (click arrow under their profile picture then click ignore). You won't see anything they post themselves but you will see what they wrote if someone quotes them. The next best thing is to simply read the forums and not participate. In all honesty, you can easily find any information you are looking for via the search feature on MFP without ever having to participate in a conversation on the forums. If you want the social component, there are some great groups on MFP that tend to be a lot tamer.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Yes.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    We assumed it was because you were vague. If you think that someone was hateful towards you, where's the thread?

It wasn't related towards me at all...Just a general observation I have been noticing over the forums lately. It could happen all the time but I haven't been looking in the past few months to notice.

So you made a thread to call everyone mean so all the meanies would come post about being mean to the non-meanies?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

it's not even a page long thread- it can't be full of haters. Everyone knows hater threads are at LEAST 10 pages long.
    Why did I think it was 11.3?

Perhaps your standards or your science is wrong.

But I'll bet it's just because you're eating the wrong gelato!
    Clearly I need to recalibrate some sh1t. I'll eat the wrong gelatos until I find the right one. (I think that lacks logic but then I can have even more gelato to console myself.)

In for gelato

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22569-where-we-love-to-love-gelato-and-ice-cream
  • shesaidzed
    shesaidzed Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    comments.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Makes the smex hotter?
This discussion has been closed.