Why are people so hateful??

Options

Replies

• graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Anyone else come in line with some down right hostile threads going on here.....This is supposed to be a place of help and support, not ripping each other to shreds on who is right and wrong. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will for someone else and vice versa. Am I alone on this? :grumble:

COWARDS who are afraid to stand up to people face to face where they could easily get their A** kicked are capable of coming online and saying what they please as they hide behind the computer screen in their mommy's basement where they live.

Not me.
    I'm much meaner in real life.
    On here, I'm practically a charm school graduate in comparison.

Yup, me too. I'm actually more careful on-line than in real life. Less time for brain/mouth filter IRL. Also, tone is very hard to convey on-line, so I try to be cognizant of that.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

OK I just spit out my water

Propah! hahaha. I love these threads.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, a meaniepants thread on a Wednesday? Whatever shall our excitement be for Friday?

tumblr_m8rhxlA7z21rpg0pxo1_500.gif
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The only reason I lurk these threads; the entertainment value is epic. Sometimes I even learn a thing or two.

But really, people only comment on a post it's not an attack on you. Don't take *kitten* so personally.

Unless someone says something nasty about peanut butter.
  • clarealanaford
    Options
    Anyone else come in line with some down right hostile threads going on here.....This is supposed to be a place of help and support, not ripping each other to shreds on who is right and wrong. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will for someone else and vice versa. Am I alone on this? :grumble:

I made a thread about a product line that had helped me which for some reason had people flaming me and accusing me of selling things to them and all sorts of other terrible things to the point where they were accusing me of grabbing pictures off of google and not having a real profession as a model let alone my own photos being me!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

COWARDS who are afraid to stand up to people face to face where they could easily get their A** kicked are capable of coming online and saying what they please as they hide behind the computer screen in their mommy's basement where they live.

Not me.
    I'm much meaner in real life.
    On here, I'm practically a charm school graduate in comparison.

Yup, me too. I'm actually more careful on-line than in real life. Less time for brain/mouth filter IRL. Also, tone is very hard to convey on-line, so I try to be cognizant of that.

this place is pretty bad- god- you should see my sport bike forum- those people are RUTHLESS- they tried to astrick out swear words (like they do here for say- **** the ****ing ****ers)... that did NOT end well for them. (the owners of the forum) LOL
    we now swear freely. lol
  • clarealanaford
    Options
    The only reason I lurk these threads; the entertainment value is epic. Sometimes I even learn a thing or two.

But really, people only comment on a post it's not an attack on you. Don't take *kitten* so personally.

I disagree, I was personally attacked on here the other day including comments about my appearance.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    The only thing worse than anonymous humans is anonymous hangry humans. :laugh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I made a thread about a product line that had helped me which for some reason had people flaming me and accusing me of selling things to them and all sorts of other terrible things to the point where they were accusing me of grabbing pictures off of google and not having a real profession as a model let alone my own photos being me!!!

You were pushing Herbalife. We don't do fad diets here.

But the catfishing comments might have been over the top.
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    We will see this occasion. The site is a great place to teach yourself new eating habits and gain support along the way. Negative people are not needed, but constructive advice is always welcome. Comments are not a personal attack on you, they are personal opinions of the writer.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I disagree, I was personally attacked on here the other day including comments about my appearance.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Finding your modelmayhem page is considered an attack now?

Oh boy.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I like how people are like "we don't do X around here".

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean someone else can't. Please put your opinion and facts into it but all the name calling and slander is just a bunch of pathetic internet warriors who hate their own lives thus they put down others.

My personal belief is that if I were going to type something on the Internet I would say it in person. I highly doubt the majority of you have the fortitude to say half of what you say here.

Want to flame me? Go ahead I rarely read the forums and just peak in every now and then.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Finding your modelmayhem page is considered an attack now?

Oh boy.

Bummer. Sounds like I missed a goodie.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    "Stop attacking me!" = "Agree with me or don't post in my thread!"

Every. Single. Time.

EDIT: SO what's up with this shirataki noodles thread? Was it deleted? *please tell me it wasn't*
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean someone else can't. Please put your opinion and facts into it but all the name calling and slander is just a bunch of pathetic internet warriors who hate their own lives thus they put down others.

My personal belief is that if I were going to type something on the Internet I would say it in person. I highly doubt the majority of you have the fortitude to say half of what you say here.

Want to flame me? Go ahead I rarely read the forums and just peak in every now and then.

Hmmm.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean someone else can't.

They can do anything they want. Just don't come back whining when it doesn't work or you gain it all back.

We're all here counting calories because most of us have failed at these stupid money wasting fads.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    "Stop attacking me!" = "Agree with me or don't post in my thread!"

Every. Single. Time.

Accurate.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You may very well be who you say you are. But if so, you are definitely selling Herbalife, so your woe-is-me about being accused of trying to sell something when you ARE trying to sell something is not an attack.

(I found your Facebook page.)
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I never bother getting upset about what people post anonymously on the internet, at least as far as flame warriors go.

Sometimes people are just blunt in their delivery and it's best to not take it personally.
This discussion has been closed.