Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - December Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    OK Melissa - I'm convinced! Steel cut oats are getting made today!! :laugh: I always just have regular old fashion large flake oats and cook them in the microwave when I want to eat them, because I am skeptical about how good pre-made oatmeal is going to taste once it's stored, but it can't hurt to try! I'm sold on it! I'll use whatever I have in my cupboard and see how it turns out. If you like the oatmeal + blueberries combo, I'd suggest topping your oatmeal with 1/2cup blueberries, 1/2 banana and a little plain yogurt (and some seeds if you like). I do this without any sugar and it's so, so good! "Yoatgurt" is such a yummy, creamy breakfast and it keeps you feeling full for hours! Mmmm I just had some and I'm already craving more hahaha

Mike - Good luck on your interview! Where is it? Don't worry too much about being over by a few cals. Just make up for it today with a good workout!

Jilly - Sounds like a great burn yesterday. You earned those almonds and really - choc dusted almonds are practically a health food!! Quinoa + chick peas is an awesome combo. In fact any hearty grain + chick peas + veggies makes an awesome salad! I made a bulgar wheat, chick pea and roasted veggie salad not long ago and it was a major hit. My mom even made another batch to bring with her to a potluck this past weekend! Bummer about the DVD but you're right - today's a new day and we'll kill it. Getting a good run in today. What do you have planned?

Gonks - Missed you last time around. Sounds like a very stressful Monday - no one needs that first thing back from the weekend. But it sounds like you handled it like a trooper and I totally "get" that sometimes having busy, stressful, "run off your feet" sort of days give you a sense of accomplishment. At the very least time seems to fly by! Hope today is a little less chaotic for you :happy:

TaraMaria - Great workout and love that you are back to swimming! Keep it up and I am sure you'll see some mega improvements in the next few weeks :bigsmile:

AFM - Just had some breakfast and coffee and am going to get ready to go for a run. I've got to stop at the store to pick up some blue cheese for dinner, and then Im going to come home and hopefully apply for a job I've been looking at recently. Later this afternoon, it's steel-cut oats and my roasted squash and whole grain pasta experiment :happy: Tonight I am meeting up with a friend for coffee... Haven't seen him since a bit of a blowout we had over Hallowe'en (due to his total jackassery). Should be interesting. May not check back in til tonight so I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

BACK ON TRACK TODAY! :drinker:
    Meag
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey everyone! just wanted to update you all on my journey. i lost another 1.2lbs this past weigh in (on december 4th, which was also my birthday). i'm really happy with how far i've come. i treated myself to a great celebration for my birthday & i don't feel sorry for it at all! however, a few bad days made me realize how much i enjoy healthy eating & feeling good. i'm back on the wagon (didn't fall too far off lol) & i'm looking forward to making my goal by month end. currently, i have 4.4lbs to go to reach my goal, or ultimately 7.4lbs as an ideal weight loss for the month. i know i can make the 4.4lbs, and i'm looking forward to it, but i'm definitely gonna fight for that 7.4! :)

hope all is well with you all! keep fighting!

km323 - Reach 185lbs, run 4x per week, get to sleep before 2am each night, avoid french fries and log every day
    kvr414- Lose another 10 lbs. drink 10 cups of water a day, do a 3x to 5x a day routine of situps, pushups, lunges til fatigue.
    roobean33 - Reach 128lbs, drink more H20 daily, try new healthy recipes, avoid most of the holiday treats
    inskydiamonds - Continue my biweekly meal challenges, because they force me to reach outside the box for things to eat for dinner. (December 1-5: Suggestions from MFP friends / December 6-19: Low-Cal Desserts / December 20-31: Meals Under $10). Lose 4 pounds, bringing me to 183.
    Keysr-Cook for myself and become more active outside with fun winter sports
    krishatherley - drop another 3-4 lbs
    wardiemelissa-maintain current weight of 125 lbs.; continue exercise regimine of running 2-3 times a week (with one long run between 7-8 miles), strength training (30 day Shred), and stretching (yoga); plan healthy dinners for the week; and begin to tone those trouble zones (No More Trouble Zones)
    SkierElle: Reach 175 lbs, still limit sweets but allow myself a few if they fit w/in calories, when I'm home for Xmas try to involve family in fun exercise!
    meagalayne - Reach 130lb by 12/11/10 and maintain to 01/01/11, complete 20 consecutive push-ups, complete 5 full weeks of Cutting Body Fat (3x/week) weight lifting and extend longest run distance to 9 miles - NO EXCUSES!
    rai8759 - Go from 167.4 to 162 by 1/3/11 (1.08 lbs/week); Carry a water bottle around with me and drink 8-10 cups of water per day; Be true to my food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    Tai_88 – continue my no candy streak (limit of one piece of candy per week); stop drinking soda for the month; at least 3 workouts per week; get my 2 mile time under 18:30; logging everyday – especially when I don’t want to.
    Hazeldiva1913---drink at least 12 cups of water a day, loose 10 lbs by christmas. Im at 299 need to be at 289 on xmas day...start incorporating more strength training...no eating out more than once a week!!!
    chawntamarie - Reach 140lbs by Christmas (4 lb. loss), Workout 5 times/week and cook my own meals 2-3 times per week.
    finncmh- lose 5lbs bringing me to 193 by New Years eve, strength training 2x's a week, develop a solid running/walking routine, try one new healthy meal a week!
    Mevan17- lose 3 lbs to get to 141 lb, run 4 days/week, no cookies
    Stuartme123 - DecSW = 161. 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies that wouldn't normally be there to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
    CaptainJim157 - Dec SW = 172.2 lbs, lose 10 lbs by the end of December (2 lbs a week), control my anxiety a bit better (Can that be one of my goals?)
    Tickyfoxster710- Dec SW=294lbs, goal lose 9lbs by the end of December, finish my 10k running plan, try to get up to 8 miles before the end of the year, start my second round of 6 week triple challenge (finish the first week of January) ( goal 100 push ups, 200 situps, 200 squats consecutive)
    Jourdan_Rystrom - DecSW=136. I want to reach 133 by the end of December and have even more muscle tone! Log on to MFP EVERY DAY and always stay under my calories! I want to drop my BF% to 22%! I also want to include more greens in my diet!
    meggonkgonk: Reach 150 lbs, complete 1 unabridged week of training, Week 4 of pushup challenge and 1 unassisted pullup
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - lose 5 pounds before 2011. Work out twice a week. Continue with my C25K training.
    Losstalykat:* Do one nice relaxing thing for myself once a week. (massage, bath with wine and book, new workout class....)* Focus on Triathlon Training, workout as close to the training schedule as possible. * Only eat 2 sweets a week(it is the holidays after all)*Measure at the beginning and end of the month.
    spellbinder25: (1) Start with week 3 of C25K. From week 4 onwards, do each week twice. (2) Cook twice a week, (3) Have a serving of fruit everyday, (4) Do squats and crunches thrice a week, (5) Lose 5.5 lbs to reach 145lbs.
    seripha - Dec SW = 156.5, goal to lose another 5 lbs by the end of December, continue to exercise 4 - 5 times a week, and avoid binging on the weekend!
    miss_amy: current weight loss: 26.4lbs- goal: at least 32lb total loss (5.6lbs)- ultimate goal: 35lb total loss (8.6). NSG: eat less carbs! -update (12/4): 27.6lbs lost, 4.4lbs until goal (7.4lbs until ultimate goal)
    TaraMaria - Ab workout 3x's weekly, 4500 calories burned weekly, 97.5 miles walked/ran by Christmas, build up to running/walking 5 miles and finally no refined sugars for the month of December
    SKINNYACK- Get under 160- ideally 157 by Dec 31st. I'm currently stuck at 161. Be able to hold side arm planks for 90 seconds each arm without shaking. Run my first official 5K. Finish Month 1 of P90X
    Fiore89 -- Go to the gym daily, eat less carbs and more protein, log in MFP daily, pack a healthy lunch to work and stay under my calorie intake!!! :-)
    Allislefttogain: Maintain in 118-123 range; minimum base running of 8-10 miles a week; long run of 13.1; weigh-ins on 10th/ 20th/30th of December; try a new workout (or 2 or 3); 64 oz of water daily (no counting tea water!) and experiment in the kitchen http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TaraMaria
    Tjradd73-to lose 8lbs and 2", continue on with the push-up challenge, and do 3 days a week of abs!
    cruan- Stay on the Herbalife plan, get my protein intake that I need, lose at least 5 lbs, and exercise, exercise, exercise!
    emmarie1630- lose 4lbs, eat out less, stay active over the holidays, drink more water
    30poundsto30- lose 10 pounds, exercise 3x a week, walk my dog everyday and drink at least 64 ounces of water daily
    SkiptomyLou32: 123 by end of December, run 3x week, weights 3x week, continue to cut sweets
    Nisharae- be below 207 pounds by January first...Running 5 minutes straight on the treadmill @ atleast 5.2 speed. HERE WE GO!
    js775219-lose 6-10lbs, 3 straight weeks of bootcamp, log ALL calories EVERYDAY!
    allie7383- lose at least 3 lbs, work out at least 5 times a week, and drink over 8 glasses of water per day.
    megteg-lose 5lbs, log in everyday and stay at or under 1500 calories.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Hey, Meag, my interview is at Goodness Me (health food store) I'll be working in the kitchen if I get it :D Which is what I love to do, they said I'd be baking, cooking, prepping, etc, I would LOVE it! I really hope I get in! :D My job coach is coming with me, but every time he comes into the interview with me, I think they think that I can't do stuff on my own, so they never hire me, so today he's gonna come, but just for moral support, I'm going into the interview by myself! ^^
    Gotta leave in about a half hour or so :)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Just reposting (and removing the link that somehow made it's way into my goals!)

km323 - Reach 185lbs, run 4x per week, get to sleep before 2am each night, avoid french fries and log every day
    kvr414- Lose another 10 lbs. drink 10 cups of water a day, do a 3x to 5x a day routine of situps, pushups, lunges til fatigue.
    roobean33 - Reach 128lbs, drink more H20 daily, try new healthy recipes, avoid most of the holiday treats
    inskydiamonds - Continue my biweekly meal challenges, because they force me to reach outside the box for things to eat for dinner. (December 1-5: Suggestions from MFP friends / December 6-19: Low-Cal Desserts / December 20-31: Meals Under $10). Lose 4 pounds, bringing me to 183.
    wardiemelissa-maintain current weight of 125 lbs.; continue exercise regimine of running 2-3 times a week (with one long run between 7-8 miles), strength training (30 day Shred), and stretching (yoga); plan healthy dinners for the week; and begin to tone those trouble zones (No More Trouble Zones)
    SkierElle: Reach 175 lbs, still limit sweets but allow myself a few if they fit w/in calories, when I'm home for Xmas try to involve family in fun exercise!
    meagalayne - Reach 130lb by 12/11/10 and maintain to 01/01/11, complete 20 consecutive push-ups, complete 5 full weeks of Cutting Body Fat (3x/week) weight lifting and extend longest run distance to 9 miles - NO EXCUSES!
    rai8759 - Go from 167.4 to 162 by 1/3/11 (1.08 lbs/week); Carry a water bottle around with me and drink 8-10 cups of water per day; Be true to my food diary even if i miss a day get right back into it the next day!!
    Tai_88 – continue my no candy streak (limit of one piece of candy per week); stop drinking soda for the month; at least 3 workouts per week; get my 2 mile time under 18:30; logging everyday – especially when I don’t want to.
    Hazeldiva1913---drink at least 12 cups of water a day, loose 10 lbs by christmas. Im at 299 need to be at 289 on xmas day...start incorporating more strength training...no eating out more than once a week!!!
    chawntamarie - Reach 140lbs by Christmas (4 lb. loss), Workout 5 times/week and cook my own meals 2-3 times per week.
    finncmh- lose 5lbs bringing me to 193 by New Years eve, strength training 2x's a week, develop a solid running/walking routine, try one new healthy meal a week!
    Stuartme123 - DecSW = 161. 30 min of cardio 3x a week, Keep unhealthy snacking to under 200 calories/day, Add veggies that wouldn't normally be there to at least one meal a day, Try one new healthy recipe a week, Lose 1lb a week for a total of 4lbs.
    CaptainJim157 - Dec SW = 172.2 lbs, lose 10 lbs by the end of December (2 lbs a week), control my anxiety a bit better (Can that be one of my goals?)
    Tickyfoxster710- Dec SW=294lbs, goal lose 9lbs by the end of December, finish my 10k running plan, try to get up to 8 miles before the end of the year, start my second round of 6 week triple challenge (finish the first week of January) ( goal 100 push ups, 200 situps, 200 squats consecutive)
    Jourdan_Rystrom - DecSW=136. I want to reach 133 by the end of December and have even more muscle tone! Log on to MFP EVERY DAY and always stay under my calories! I want to drop my BF% to 22%! I also want to include more greens in my diet!
    meggonkgonk: Reach 150 lbs, complete 1 unabridged week of training, Week 4 of pushup challenge and 1 unassisted pullup
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - lose 5 pounds before 2011. Work out twice a week. Continue with my C25K training.
    Losstalykat:* Do one nice relaxing thing for myself once a week. (massage, bath with wine and book, new workout class....)* Focus on Triathlon Training, workout as close to the training schedule as possible. * Only eat 2 sweets a week(it is the holidays after all)*Measure at the beginning and end of the month.
    spellbinder25: (1) Start with week 3 of C25K. From week 4 onwards, do each week twice. (2) Cook twice a week, (3) Have a serving of fruit everyday, (4) Do squats and crunches thrice a week, (5) Lose 5.5 lbs to reach 145lbs.
    seripha - Dec SW = 156.5, goal to lose another 5 lbs by the end of December, continue to exercise 4 - 5 times a week, and avoid binging on the weekend!
    miss_amy: current weight loss: 26.4lbs- goal: at least 32lb total loss (5.6lbs)- ultimate goal: 35lb total loss (8.6). NSG: eat less carbs! -update (12/4): 27.6lbs lost, 4.4lbs until goal (7.4lbs until ultimate goal)
    TaraMaria - Ab workout 3x's weekly, 4500 calories burned weekly, 97.5 miles walked/ran by Christmas, build up to running/walking 5 miles and finally no refined sugars for the month of December
    SKINNYACK- Get under 160- ideally 157 by Dec 31st. I'm currently stuck at 161. Be able to hold side arm planks for 90 seconds each arm without shaking. Run my first official 5K. Finish Month 1 of P90X
    Fiore89 -- Go to the gym daily, eat less carbs and more protein, log in MFP daily, pack a healthy lunch to work and stay under my calorie intake!!! :-)
    Allislefttogain: Maintain in 118-123 range; minimum base running of 8-10 miles a week; long run of 13.1; weigh-ins on 10th/ 20th/30th of December; try a new workout (or 2 or 3); 64 oz of water daily (no counting tea water!) and experiment in the kitchen
    Tjradd73-to lose 8lbs and 2", continue on with the push-up challenge, and do 3 days a week of abs!
    cruan- Stay on the Herbalife plan, get my protein intake that I need, lose at least 5 lbs, and exercise, exercise, exercise!
    emmarie1630- lose 4lbs, eat out less, stay active over the holidays, drink more water
    30poundsto30- lose 10 pounds, exercise 3x a week, walk my dog everyday and drink at least 64 ounces of water daily
    SkiptomyLou32: 123 by end of December, run 3x week, weights 3x week, continue to cut sweets
    Nisharae- be below 207 pounds by January first...Running 5 minutes straight on the treadmill @ atleast 5.2 speed. HERE WE GO!
    allie7383- lose at least 3 lbs, work out at least 5 times a week, and drink over 8 glasses of water per day.
  • seripha
    Options
    Quick update for me and then I will go back and read everyone's posts and catch up more appropriately!

Had a good weekend. Until I got the stomach flu from my son last night. Was up most of the night so I didn't make it into work today. My diet has consisted of saltine crackers and diet 7-up. My body is too weak to get back to exercising just which will completely screw my week up since I have a lot going on this week as it is. Hopefully I will get a better night's sleep tonight and be able to slowly introduce foods back into my diet.

I recently had this flu. The biggest thing that helped me get up my calorie content but keep things down was smoothies. If you have protein powder and probiotic yogurt that will be helpful too. They can be high calorie high protein (without the sugar) which is really what your body need right now. I hope you feel better soon!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    First of all, I love MFP. A lot of you in the group is my friend and always gives me comments when I put a workout on my status or that I was under my calorie goal, It makes me feel really good to have everyone so supportive of this journey.

Allislefttogain- Why can I not remember your name?? Anyways I have been seeing a nutritionist because I was getting cronic headaches and feeling dizzy/anxious for most of the day before. Instead of getting put on a bunch of pills I wanted to see if changing my diet helped. I think the initial cleanse did help but now I think it is tweaking the suggestions she gave me and adding a little more fun to it. I just got an email from her and she said to go ahead and add oatmeal if I like and see how it makes me feel. I am going to give her a list of the foods I have been eating lately and we will see what else I need to do to tweak it.

Meag- that squash curry recipe looks amazing, I just emailed it to my bf and I can't wait to try it out. I think I have some free time on Thursday.... lol.

AFM- The swim was a little grueling last night, I had to do a few warm up laps and some drills then a timed 15 minute swim to see how many laps I could do. I managed to get in 27 laps, which is about 675 yards. I was supposed to do more drills but I was tired and needed some food. I should have done the beginner workout so I could complete it. O well you live you learn. Tonight I am getting my hair done right after work, sooo excited! I will put a pic up when I get it tonight so you guys can see it. Does anyone have any hair ideas/suggestions? My hair is a little longer than shoulder length, and I have old blond highlights. I might have her do some side swept bangs, some layers and add a little honey/red color to make it more fun.

QOTD: 1. What is your favorite Hairsyle you have had and why? (hehehe)
    My favorite hairstyle i had was a bob with bangs, it looked really cute when I did it right. The only problem was it was hard to maintain.

In case you don't like this question I give you a different one.

2. If you could live in any decade what would it be?
    If I could live in any decade it would have to be the 60's, not sure why. I guess I love the free love hippy stuff hehe.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    There was far too much to respond to but I read up on everyone's posts and am glad to be back. Came back to work today and I'm starving!! But my tummy just isn't feeling up to it. My breakfast has consisted of saltine crackers and Gatorade. I think I will attempt a brothy soup for lunch. This is kind of a good way to get things started out right though. I weighed this morning (like I always do) and was down a few pounds. Hopefully I will be able to maintain that. We shall see!! I will be doing a lot of walking on Thursday cause the boy and I are going to Disneyland...woohoo!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!! :bigsmile:
  • seripha
    Options
    Tonight I ran two miles and then swam 7 laps. I'm just getting back into the swim of things...hee hee...and its really been fun to see how far I can go in the water. ALSO. In my 24, almost 25 years of swimming. This includes teaching for two years at a YMCA, I never learned how to breathe out my nose. I explained to my husband how much I was struggling doing laps and that someone suggested on here that I breathe out my nose instead of mouth, how crazy is that right? He starred at me like I was nutso. How could I NOT know how to do that? So tonight I did it for the first time and things went a LOT more smoothly! I didn't feel like I was swallowing water anymore though the first couple of laps were so slow with me starting and stopping, trying to figure out the whole nose thing I couldn't even count them. NO ONE told me to do that as a kid. Infact, I distinctly had swimming instructors say, blow out your mouth! Once I got my coordination all down, the 7 laps were pie! I freaking love that pool. Its so much fun to have that as an alternative cardio. :o) Especially when there is snow outside! :o)

Hey Tara. It's not totally unexpected that you were never taught to breath out your nose when you were a kid. When I taught kids how to swim I told them to breathe out their mouths because they just don't have the coordination adults do to breathe out their nose. Some of them do, but those are the ones that are competitive swimmers and have years of practice.

If you want a super good work out to maybe help lose that last 5, you might want to try just kicking only - without a board. It will work your core muscles and improve your balance in the water as you keep the streamline position. It might be hard depending on how strong your kick is.

BTW - if any one wants tips for swimming, feel free to ask me. I've got 13 years of competitive swimming (5 of them varsity level) and 8 years of coaching at a provincial qualifying level.
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I would love to join the group. I am new to mfp. I have had the app for a week or so and just recently discovered the website. Everyone has such great posts! My weight seems to be heading back up from my weight loss of 20lbs last year. I was a previous ww. I am excited to to get back in shape and to try and get rid of these lbs! December Goals: Eat less processed foods, excercise an average of 3 hours a week and lose 3lbs.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    QOTD (yesterday) - I have a lot of pink and red in my wardrobe. I like to wear green or teal cause it brings out the green in my eyes but I do not own a lot of it. I am trying to incorporate a lot of different colors into my wardrobe though. Maybe I can do that once I get to maintenance.

QOTD (today) - My absolute favorite is when I straighten my hair and then curl it when I go out. Makes me feel like a million bucks!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Guam- I do that sometimes too, I find it really hard to get my hair to stay curled tho. I just got this new shampoo from Aveda that is supposed to help with frizz and unwanted curl. So far I only used it once. So we will see!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    December's been a good month so far! I was actually a little worried that I wasn't going to have lost anything this past week because my birthday was on the 2nd and birthdays always revolve around alcohol and food. On the day of my birthday my boyfriend took me to the Cheesecake Factory. I had planned one eating half of my dinner (fish and chips) and half of my cheesecake (brownie sundae cheesecake). But we got there and decided to get appetizers. I barely ate any of the crispy crab wontons which was super hard to resist them after the first two and I only ate one piece of bread. By the time my dinner came I was already stuffed, but I wanted to eat it so I did have the half. I couldn't NOT get my cheesecake slice, but could barely do it because of how full I was becoming. But it was delicious. The next night I drank whiskey with my girlfriends. And the following night I did my birthday with my parents going to my favorite restaurant where I got a meatball sandwich which had way too much bread (just the way I loved it) and I ate it all and didn't even have room for the cake my mom had gotten. But really, I was thinking there was no way I could have lost anything because of all this food. BUT!! I lost .8 pounds, bringing me to a total of 31.6 pounds off!

One of the presents I got from my mom was Just Dance Two for the Wii. I had asked for it because Wii Fit has not been able to hold my attention anymore. I played the new game today and burnt 211 calories in 34 minutes! I kind of don't know what I'm going to do in regards to food now, because I don't have any snack stuff in the house at all and have over 500 calories I could eat today. I'll probably try to eat at least 300 of those.

My boyfriend stopped smoking and is putting on weight like crazy. Does anyone have any advice for him?

QOTD: My favorite hairstyle is mid-length (around shoulder-length) with side swept bangs. It's never done me wrong. And any decade? Probably the '50s. I love the image, though I would have hated to have been expected to be a stay at home wife.

@allie: Congratulations on fitting into the mediums! Those moments are so exciting and telling of how much you've actually achieved!
    @meag: What happened to the pizza crust? I was thinking about making a cauli-crust, so tips on what doesn't work!
    @miss_amy: Happy belated birthday! All of us Sagittarius!
    @Guam: I'm jealous! I want to go to Disneyland!

I'm sorry I'm not more active on here. :-/
    I'm right in the middle of exams.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    OK - As if I could stay away! hahaha

Ngoat - Great goals and glad to you have you! Welcome :flowerforyou:

Liz - Really great loss on account of your birthday! Would have been great for a normal week, so you definitely deserve big UPS for kicking *kitten* even with a celebratory week! Way to go, girl :drinker:

As for the cauli-crust... I have no idea. Aly said it might work better with frozen cauliflower. I used fresh (1 cup riced and cooked in the microwave) and mixed with one egg and 1/4 cup light cheddar cheese, finely grated. Baked at 450F until it was browned and it just caked onto the parchment paper (which I had sprayed with cooking spray). No idea but it was only half edible. Give it a shot when you have time and let me know what you find. In my experience the crust didn't hold together at all - it was just mushy and stuck to the paper. Not too sure if this is because I didn't use enough cheese, or should have used only egg whites, or what!

Guam - Have a great time with your boy at Disneyland!! :bigsmile: I really hope you're feeling better by Thursday! Take care of yourself, have lots of soup and vitamin C, and rest up! You are doing fabulous :happy:

Seripha - If/when I try to take up swimming again, I will remember your offer and you'll regret it! haha I'm going to have a million questions :tongue:

Jill - Thanks for reposting with the link removed. That's been annoying me but I hadn't gotten around to fixing it yet.... Lazy, lazy me!

Updated list with Ngoat's goals:

Allislefttogain: Maintain in 118-123 range; minimum base running of 8-10 miles a week; long run of 13.1; weigh-ins on 10th/ 20th/30th of December; try a new workout (or 2 or 3); 64 oz of water daily (no counting tea water!) and experiment in the kitchen
    Ngoat - Eat less processed foods, excercise an average of 3 hours a week and lose 3lbs.

OH and AFM - 3.73 miles today in 38 miles. Nearly a 10:00 pace and only slowed down to a walk once to get a sip of water and use a tissue. Otherwise I maintained a steady run the entire time. Really pleased with myself :happy: Its nice to know that I can stick it out and keep running.

Off to the kitchen! Have a great night lovelies! :heart:
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    hey girls! haven't had a chance to read through the last couple pages I missed since going to work YESTERDAY. :laugh: it is so great that we've got such an involved group!

I mentioned this in passing last month - having terrible right upper quadrant pain. It has persisted since Thanksgiving although it hasn't been that bad.. it would always hurt just a little, and had to be careful how I move so as not to flair it up. I could even do Turbo Jam as long as I was gentle with that side (and did). I thought it was just some abdominal muscle strain or something, but I didn't do any kind of crunches or sit-ups over Thanksgiving, so I was a little confused. This pain got A LOT worse last night. Don't know if it was because I was basically up all day and all night? It is still pretty bad today and I don't really want to go to the doctor, but I think if it has not resolved by the end of this week I'll have to go. I feel like it I had perforated bowls or something I would have passed out already.. lol. So I'm not thinking it is too serious. I did have a lingering chest cold for awhile so I'm wondering if it crawled down into my lungs and made a home?? Some low-key pneumonia?? Being a nurse makes me super paranoid about stuff like this so I'm trying to be logical (hence the I would have passed out already if it were that serious statement).

All this to say my workouts may not be 2 extreme this week. I am planning on getting two more long walks in if this pain persists. Also had kind of a rough eating day today.. woke up wanting to eat EVERYTHING IN SIGHT! So I overindulged a little. Plus, had to drink some coke last night to stay awake.. yikes. Also ate one dark chocolate covered ritz cracker peanut butter sandwich... but I must say I WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!! Because it was AMAZING! And I am adding them to my list of sweet treats to give away around the holidays. Have 290 calories left for the day now... but I think I can swing it. Gonna be eating some veggies tonight!! Which I need to be doing more of anyway.

Catch you later girls! Once I get a lull at work or am home after these next two shifts I plan on catching up!!
    Rachel/Rai
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Getting ready to head out for Zumba in a bit but I had to check in with my twenty somethings! :o)

Thank you for all of the swimming advice. Let me just say there is nothing like swimming. I've been doing so much working out and the second I started swimming I noticed immediate results in the muscle department. So happy and Seripha? I appreciate knowing all of that. I wondered why I didn't know how to do it at all. I'm going to keep up with the laps and add some kicking in there.... :o)

ngoat - Welcome! Your goals seem completely attainable! This is an awesome group! :o)

inskydiamonds - Congrats on your total weight loss!!! So awesome!! :o) Also congrats to your boyfriend for leaving cigarettes in the dust but I don't have any advice for him... :o(

Rachel - I've been having right side pain for months now...I don't know if its the same thing. But its the one thing I've been fighting my doctors over for ages. No diagnosis and I just have to baby it when its there. And hope that its not there when my classes are running. :o) I've spent over 4 weeks in the hospital with my pain over the course of the past 3 months. No answers...but I'm always a medical mystery. I hope you are able to get answers soon! :o) I hate being under the weather or hearing that anyone else is either! :o)

Well I better get going! I am going to head to the gym, Zumba and hopefully run at least a mile or two after. No swimming tonight. :o( Oh well! :o) I'm excited because I'm going to use my MP3 player for the first time this run! :o) Any song suggestions for me?

QOTD: I've been dealing with massive hair loss lately. Its been really rough. At this point my favorite thing to do is use my ondulating iron to make it look as thick as possible! plus it makes it kind of frizzy and crazy and that is kind of how I am! :o)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Rai - A tend to oscillate in and out of lactose intolerance. Some years it's bad, others I can load up on dairy without any issues. The last time it flared up (when I was 19, thankfully its been a while) I was having milk every morning with breakfast and I spent nearly the entire work day at my desk doubled over in pain for about 3 months before I figured out what it was. Constant nausea and pain that I couldn't account for at all and couldn't really describe. Not in my lungs though, or anywhere near my chest. Perhaps try to isolate parts of your diet that might be causing it if the pain is near your stomach/intestines. If not, then take it easy and if things don't start looking better by the weekend seriously considering having your lungs/chest checked out. The last thing you want is a lingering infection, or worse, taking up residence in your body.

Jill - How did your quinoa, chick pea and tomato recipe turn out?

Tara - Sounds like a great night at the gym! Hope you enjoyed Zumba and have a successful run, as well!

AFM - Made steel-cut oats today but had forgotten the cooking instructions (in terms of time lapse and temp) and tried to wing it. I either used too much water or not enough heat, but it stayed pretty gooey and a film developed on the surface. It also took FOREVER. I have no idea how anyone does this on a regular basis... Talk about time consuming! I also had to stand at the stove and watch/stir it. I think I am destined to microwave my oats forever. Still haven't tried it yet - waiting for the morning - but I seriously doubt I am going to be converted. Had a small bite to make sure they were done and they just taste chewy and somewhat slime-y, instead of fluffy and smooth. I'll go through them anyway and then get back to my regular large flake oats, I think. Que sera.

Dinner was also only a moderate success. I made the dish no problem. Super high carbs for me - which was anxiety-inducing - but I haven't had pasta in probably about 6 months and I thought I'd give it another go. For the most part I really don't like pasta at all (or rice). They are just boring foods for me and my palate doesn't care for them, so I tend to just avoid them whenever possible. I know it's crazy not to like pasta but that's how I am. Crazy! :drinker: Anyway I made a buttercup squash pasta with spinach and blue cheese, altering this recipe: http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010/11/butternut-squash-pasta-wspinach-blue.html - buttercup for butternut, no oil, smaller portions, and no salt added chicken broth instead of bouillon. It was alright, but since I don't care much for pasta it felt like all the added effort to make the sauce, blend it, and cook the pasta etc was a waste of good squash that I could have curried instead :ohwell: Lesson learned. Somethings we just can't convince ourselves to like.

It's quite funny actually, my taste in foods. Most people find me quite bizarre and many actually don't believe me when I say that I don't like something, because usually it's something like pasta or rice that is fairly accessible (read: everyone "likes") and is something that only a crazy dieter would turn down. I'd much rather just have some lean protein, roasted or curried squash, and some greens and call it a meal! All the extra effort to make a pasta dish is totally lost on me. I guess sometimes whatever's easiest is best!

For tomorrow, I don't think I have any exciting kitchen experiments planned :frown: I'd love to, but I have to find time to apply for this teaching job in person, get to the gym and workout, run some errands, and then eventually get ready for Part 3 of the Théo/Freja experiment. Lots of the same old sort of foods, I think. Any suggestions on interesting ingredients or foods I should try? I love a good challenge and I am dying for some suggestions!

Oh and QOTD - I have wicked curly hair and can only wear it one way, really. Somewhere between my shoulders and tail-bone, long layers and pinned back from my face. For working out I wear it up with a baseball cap or bandanna. Terribly exciting, I know. I used to colour it all kinds of different wacky colours but the last few years I've decided to go all-natural and let the medium brown reign supreme. Looks just fine for me!
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    December is always a hard month for me due to the holidays and all the parties. But so far I am doing well. I hope to maintain this while I am away on a cruise from December 26th through January 2nd.They have a lot of work out stuff on the boat so I'm going to try not to slip.

Updated list

Ngoat - Eat less processed foods, excercise an average of 3 hours a week and lose 3lbs.

OH and AFM - 3.73 miles today in 38 miles. Nearly a 10:00 pace and only slowed down to a walk once to get a sip of water and use a tissue. Otherwise I maintained a steady run the entire time. Really pleased with myself happy Its nice to know that I can stick it out and keep running.
    ckehoe89: Lose 5lbs, maintain exercise routine of at least 5 times a week. Work on getting more fruits and veggies into my diet instead of the carbs I love so much!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    December is always a hard month for me due to the holidays and all the parties. But so far I am doing well. I hope to maintain this while I am away on a cruise from December 26th through January 2nd.They have a lot of work out stuff on the boat so I'm going to try not to slip.

Updated list

ckehoe89: Lose 5lbs, maintain exercise routine of at least 5 times a week. Work on getting more fruits and veggies into my diet instead of the carbs I love so much!
  • jillybeanruns
    Options
    Jill - How did your quinoa, chick pea and tomato recipe turn out?

It was disgusting. Too much garlic (I only used 1/2 what the recipe called for) and lime juice. My cookies on the other hand were quite good...I cut the sugar and flour in half and reduced other things a bit too. I also ate about 3 of them last night, but they were pretty much my dinner...couldn't eat the quinoa. I counted 1/2 of a portion, but I didn't even eat that much of it.
  • jillybeanruns
    Options
    Allislefttogain- Why can I not remember your name?? Anyways I have been seeing a nutritionist because I was getting cronic headaches and feeling dizzy/anxious for most of the day before. Instead of getting put on a bunch of pills I wanted to see if changing my diet helped. I think the initial cleanse did help but now I think it is tweaking the suggestions she gave me and adding a little more fun to it. I just got an email from her and she said to go ahead and add oatmeal if I like and see how it makes me feel. I am going to give her a list of the foods I have been eating lately and we will see what else I need to do to tweak it.

It's Jill (and in my signature as well)! Ahhh I see that makes sense. Hopefully you can find a diet that works well for you!