not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I got my first meals from Healthy Chef Express and it looks good. Half a belgian waffle with fruit compote and turkey bacon for breakfast. I kept the med chicken salad for lunch and gave DH the miso pork loin chop dinner for his lunch. Now I have to make something for dinner...
    I forgot my gym bag but maybe I will just do something on demand tonight and start intervals tomorrow. I plan to do the treadmill and just alternate 1-minute of sprinting with 2 minutes of walking, and do that for about 30 mins.
    I did not get on the scale this morning either!
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hoping that being back to school helps me focus. Went shopping yesterday and bought lots of yummy low-cal foods. Yogurt, milk, brown rice, string cheese, chicken, apples, and carrots. Looking forward to food this week!
  • amysambora
    Options
    That's great Sam!

Sounds like you're good to go, Amy :)

My scale hasn't budged for over a week! I'm trying to mix things up - I've got a Leslie Sansone DVD on the way, plus I've just discovered cottage cheese so hopefully upping my protein will have an effect. Wish me luck anyways :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    good luck! I would have to wish you luck because cottage cheese is one thing I cannot do!
  • srsimon
    Options
    Just the look of cottage cheese keeps me away from it. I tried Greek yogurt and couldn't stand it. I'm in 3 different valentine's day challenges, if I make the 10lb goal of the one then I'll be at my GW! So, hopefully by valentine's day I'll just be maintaining.

I'm looking forward to aerobics and zumba starting next week.
  • meg2011
    Options
    Hi!
    I am definately in this catagory. I have about 10 pounds left to lose and am struggling with it. I could use some motivation and advice. I'm 5'3 and weigh 125 at the moment. Good luck to everyone!
    Meg
  • amysambora
    Options
    I didn't think I'd be able to do the cottage cheese thing either - took me a long time to work up the nerve to try it but I'm totally loving it now. It doesn't have much taste, so you can put it in absolutely anything and it's so low in calories! Knowing me I'll eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner until I can no longer stand the sight of it :D

Welcome Meg! The last 10 pounds are always the hardest but together we can do it :)
  • torrtorrr
    Options
    love this thread! im 5'5'' and around 122ish which isn't a lot for my heigh but im not toned at all and have a very awkward body. all my weight goes to my stomach. hoping to tone up!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm glad to see that there is so much activity here. I'm so excited that I made it thru the holidays without any gain. I've been maintaining my weight sense November 1st and I was worried that this was all too new to get through my first holiday. But I guess I've learned more than I thought. I was only over my maintenance calories by a couple hundred each day, except christmas day, and I got on the scale today and I'm holding firm at 115. I couldn't be happier. You can do this ladies and gentlemen and you can maintain it too. Thank you all for all the support.
  • aanner
    aanner Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi!
    I am definately in this catagory. I have about 10 pounds left to lose and am struggling with it. I could use some motivation and advice. I'm 5'3 and weigh 125 at the moment. Good luck to everyone!
    Meg

hi Meg!!! welcome to mfp! I have about 10 pounds to lose myself, and have already lost nearly 5 already. just make sure to always keep track of your calories and especially exercise calories. I find this whole process easy and kind of fun to log all my stuff. so yeah basically, just follow your recommended calorie intake and the weight will come off in no time! gl ~
  • aanner
    aanner Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey all, I'm glad to see that there is so much activity here. I'm so excited that I made it thru the holidays without any gain. I've been maintaining my weight sense November 1st and I was worried that this was all too new to get through my first holiday. But I guess I've learned more than I thought. I was only over my maintenance calories by a couple hundred each day, except christmas day, and I got on the scale today and I'm holding firm at 115. I couldn't be happier. You can do this ladies and gentlemen and you can maintain it too. Thank you all for all the support.

WOW! 115 is my goal weight, that's amazing! and congrats on making it through the holidays, it definitely was super hard. keep up the good work!! :P

&&& torrtorrr, I'm looking to tone too! good luck and I hope that this site helps you reach your goals!!
  • alwazrunin84
    Options
    It appears that this category is great for me also. I am 5'- and 117lbs. My goal isn't necessary weight oriented, but more oBMI related. I want my Body Fat to be down around the 18% marker....as I was ther enot long ago. I am around 22% now, so ideally I would liek to lose about 7-10lbs of fat and maybe put back on 3-4lbs of muscle.

Everyone tells me I look "great," but that is not the motivation I need when my body is screaming at me on a daily basis to get in shape. I have a desk job, so I don't get around a great deal during the day, but I eat well (fairly healthy), I walk my dog 2x a day...and I am trying to get to the gym 4-5 times a week to burn some of this "belly fat." I have a cruise March 20th...it is my best friends destination wedding/cruise...I am the Matron of Honor, so I hope to look my best by then with a little support from those not scrutinizing my 117lb weight already...just because I am naturally thin, does not mean I can't get in shape, improve and feel better about myself.
  • tkn92008
    Options
    Yay! There is a place where people agree with you and don't say "why do you want to lose weight". Now if I could just find someone to be my drill sgt. and kick me out of bed in the early morning to exercise that woudl be GREAT!! LOL. I just started with this site yesterday thanks to a friend and I love it already. Looking forward to great motiviation. I am 5'9" and want to lose 17lbs to my goal weight of 135. My mind is ready, but somehow I need to send my body that memo! :)
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I'm 5'3" and 147lbs...goal weight is 133lb (but eventually I think it will be 127lbs). I do a lot of exercise but I am noticing the weight now when I am out on my bike. Everyone tells me I look great, but I know there is excess fat on my stomach as a couple of years ago I was 130lbs....

I am rubbish at not eating loads of rubbish so hoping mfp will motivate me.
  • jcgordon550
    Options
    Sounds like me! I'm 5'3" and 145 pounds. I've always been a "thicker" girl. I guess it runs in the family. I would like to get down to 115. I'd like to see what it's like to be a one of the "skinny" girls ;)
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I would like to join here. I'm 5'2" weigh 130.5 I would like to loose about 5 lbs but my thing is toning up. I need to get back into a decent shape. I have twins and so I have a bit of a spare tire and very thick thighs. I love my big butt, I'm not trying to get rid of much, just make it look a lot better!
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes I will never be uber light as I have a big build. But I would like to be toned and not overweight.
  • mommystrong
    Options
    HAHAHA. I loved your post! I can so understand. I am a new mom and noticed how you lovd to workout until baby came and turned your body upside down! I too can relate because I am actually the same weight and am trying to lose it. People tell me all the time how great I look for just having a child. I am not sure if they are blind, or just trying to make an emotionally postpartum mother happy but it ain't working! :laugh: I want to have that energy that I used to have back from working out, and it would be nice to break out the bikini!

Briana
  • srsimon
    Options
    Great thread. I'm 5'3" and 147lbs...goal weight is 133lb (but eventually I think it will be 127lbs). I do a lot of exercise but I am noticing the weight now when I am out on my bike. Everyone tells me I look great, but I know there is excess fat on my stomach as a couple of years ago I was 130lbs....

I am rubbish at not eating loads of rubbish so hoping mfp will motivate me.

We're about the same. A year ago I was 165lbs! I'm now 140ish and my goal is to get to 130, but my real goal is 125. But really, I just want to be toned. I'd like to see my stomach a little flatter, my thighs a little firmer, and my butt a little sexier! hah
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    Hello ladies!!
    Happy New Year to you all!
    I am back after being away since just before Christmas. I went home to visit family and friends and just felt like I didn't need to log everything. Boy was I wrong!! I weighed myself this morning and I have gained back the 2.5 lbs that I had lost!! Dominian is in less then 2 months so I need to get back on the wagon and go go go!!

Went and bought the Women's Health fitness in a box yesterday. It's all setup at home so I am going home to do that after work! :smile:

Amy - I was just wondering if you started your food program you were talking about before Christmas? And if so, how's it going??