Pregnancy - December 2010

Options

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I need to up my veggie intake tomorrow. I was really low with it today and only 2 servings of fruit. AGH.:sick:

Oh, i remember why I don't eat veggies - because I am an AWFUL cook. Those were the worst green beans ever. I mean really... who can screw up green beans?
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Is anyone else starving? I have been so hungry the last two weeks I don't even know what is going on... I can eat something and an hour later but hungry again! It makes so sense!

Um... yep! I eat ALL the time. :) It's slowing down now but I was literally eating every hour and a half - sometimes getting up at night to eat too!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Hey you have room for me??

After 4 positive tests and three negative one (with 2 being positive this morning) I am going to believe I really am pregnant. I am calling the doctor tomorrow and seeing about blood work!

Welcome. I had 4 positve and 3 negative with my first son.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hey you have room for me??

After 4 positive tests and three negative one (with 2 being positive this morning) I am going to believe I really am pregnant. I am calling the doctor tomorrow and seeing about blood work!

Welcome. I had 4 positve and 3 negative with my first son.

Well that makes me feel much much better!! Thanks!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Question for all you lovely ladies - I have been trying to lose weight for a year and have lost 20 pounds and try to eat healthy most of the time. However, the last couple of days nothing sounds good except crap food. I am worried I will gain back all my weight in the first month. I am really trying hard to make good food choices but none of it sounds good at all. Did any of you feel this way?
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Question for all you lovely ladies - I have been trying to lose weight for a year and have lost 20 pounds and try to eat healthy most of the time. However, the last couple of days nothing sounds good except crap food. I am worried I will gain back all my weight in the first month. I am really trying hard to make good food choices but none of it sounds good at all. Did any of you feel this way?

I was lucky and a lot of crap food sounded awful for the most part, BUT you can still not gain while not eating the most healthy food. Just stay in your calories. I actually had a couple McDonald's big burgers, but I ate just 1/2 of one and it was enough to fill the odd craving (since usually the thought of them makes me ill!). And just 350 calories instead of 700. Of course, don't blow your whole day's calories on crap food because that's not giving you the nutrients you need, but you can sit down to some chips and dips for 300 calories and not go overboard with 800 calories worth. It's all mental. Also, exercise. The extra 300-500 will go a long way in allowing for some junk food :)
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I had a similar problem. I lost about 20 lbs before getting prego. As soon as I did get pregnant, french fries and bagels were the only things that sounded good, and stayed down. I did eat them because since they were the only thing that stayed down, and I figured I was better off getting some not so great calories than none at all.

I have managed to keep my weight gain to 6 lbs in 20 weeks. Not too bad, but I do watch it pretty carefully. I weigh in every Monday and Thursday. It just keeps me in check. If I gain 2-3 lbs in one week (which I did 2 weeks ago) I try to be more careful going forward.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I had a similar problem. I lost about 20 lbs before getting prego. As soon as I did get pregnant, french fries and bagels were the only things that sounded good, and stayed down. ...

Keep in mind too that your cravings can translate to something other than what it is your brain thinks you want - craving french fries and a burger? Salt and iron. Have a spinach salad and some nuts. Bagels? - carbs, starchy sugars - maybe some chicken and brown rice or some baby red potatoes (sans butter and sour cream of course!). Candy or sugar or chocolate? Try some orange juice or apple juice instead. Don't focus so much on what food you want, but what nutrients it represents. My first I had a TON of take out fried rice because it's what I could keep down. I could have just as easily had some brown rice with a scrambled egg and some chicken for like 1/2 the calories! And... first preg I was up at least 6-7 lbs first tri. I'm down 1 this time at 14 weeks. Granted, today I ate... egg bagel, cake, fries (homebaked at least!), PB cookie, pizza (again, homebaked at least!) .... LOL, but this week has been a bit of an anomaly since I am bach'ing it and slacking! I'm still averaging within my goals though! :smile: Plus, I could have tripled my cal count for today if I had store bought or fast food bought those items vs making them somewhat healthier at home.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am really nervous about my first dr. apt. tommorow. I am just so worried that something is going to be wrong. It will be such a relief to go tommorow. I don't think I am going to sleep well tonight.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    I am really nervous about my first dr. apt. tommorow. I am just so worried that something is going to be wrong. It will be such a relief to go tommorow. I don't think I am going to sleep well tonight.

I know saying it won't make it happen :smile: but don't worry! At a 6 week appointment there is really nothing (or very very little) that they could find wrong anyway! So I am sure you will be fine! It's more of just a history / information gathering and initial peeing in a cup. Something you will get to be very good at!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Thinking about you AnnaElise!! :flowerforyou:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm getting excited about my appt. wed. I am having another u/s before I see the doctor and I am excited to see how much he has grown.

Oh Wednesday can not come soon enough.:happy:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    I dreamed I went running. Can I count it? Or maybe tonight I will just hope to dream about eating those calories back in hot fudge sundaes :laugh:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Did 4 1/2 circuits of burn fat, boost metabolism this morning. Burned almost 300 calories. I ate too much yesterday, LOL. I didn't log my calories, ate lunch out, pizza and ate too many cookies last night.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    We are having a snow day here! It has been beautiful, windy, but beautiful. Sometimes think I love it more than the kids do!

I just finished walking 4 miles and burned 480 calories today.

Have a great day everyone!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    We are having a snow day here! It has been beautiful, windy, but beautiful. Sometimes think I love it more than the kids do!

I tried to call in snow day to work, but she wasn't buying it... I work from home :laugh:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

I tried to call in snow day to work, but she wasn't buying it... I work from home :laugh:

:laugh:

My husband works from home too but he is away on business right now. I had him drive our pickup because I was worried about him driving the car in the conditions we had the morning he left. I am fortunate they called a snow day because there was no way I was getting out of our driveway in the car. I am already stressing out about tomorrow morning.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Um yeah, I ate mosty crap food for about 3 weeks. I gained 5 pounds which sucks, but it's really no big deal and honestly, I think most of it was water retention. Now that I can stomach veggies & exercise again, it seems to be coming off quickly. I expect to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight in just a few weeks. I was just trying to eat whatever I thought had the best chance of staying down. :laugh: If I had forced myself to eat stuff that sounded gross to me, I'm sure I would've been sick.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    So I was watching one of those development stages videos about "what your baby is doing this month" (yep, still avoiding doing any actual work at work...) and it started out "at 10 weeks your baby is barely the size of a kumquat". WTH? Who knows what a flipping kumquat is or how big it is?! Why not - "This week your baby is the size of a piston cap off a 1964 mustang" or something else just as obscure?