Pregnancy - December 2010

Options

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    so the morning sickness started today. I am at work and about to throw up.... How do you guys deal with this?

I took b-6 and unisom this time. I am so thankful for it.

B-6 will keep the mosquitoes away too!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Went to the doctor yesterday and they told me their urine test was negative. This was in the afternoon at 2:30, so they did a blood test. Waiting for the results is so hard. I am not sure why I had 5 positive hpts (4 of 1 brand, 1 of another) with first morning urine if I am not pregnant .
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Went to the doctor yesterday and they told me their urine test was negative. This was in the afternoon at 2:30, so they did a blood test. Waiting for the results is so hard. I am not sure why I had 5 positive hpts (4 of 1 brand, 1 of another) with first morning urine if I am not pregnant .

Maybe their test is not as sensitive as the HPT. That is often the case because they need a higher amount to catch it compared to what you can buy over the counter. How far along should you be? I had many positives after my last miscarriage and was 13 days late so I was sure I was preggo but even 2 months down the line the hormones were still in my blood. The ones I bought in the store were all positive but the ones at the doctors were not.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Which tests were they?
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    so the morning sickness started today. I am at work and about to throw up.... How do you guys deal with this?

We don't have mosquitos up at 7000 feet in the mountains of NM.
  • AmandaJ
    Options

Which tests were they?

I have no idea what idea what tests they used. I got four on Equate purple cap tests and 1 on EPT.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    All done for the day. I walked 5 miles and burned 563 calories. Glad that is out of the way. Now off to clean up the mess the kids caused while I was exercising :wink:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    '

I am sorry :C Waiting is very tough. You shouldn't be very far along though so maybe thats why. When will you find out?
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Well the nurse called and told me the doc would be in today and he would call me. I am not sure why she won't give them to me. Maybe she doesn't have them or ??????? I am hating this.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Which tests were they?

I have no idea what idea what tests they used. I got four on Equate purple cap tests and 1 on EPT.

Any blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. Pink dye tests are much more conclusive. First Response Early Detection is a favorite of many.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Well the nurse called and told me the doc would be in today and he would call me. I am not sure why she won't give them to me. Maybe she doesn't have them or ??????? I am hating this.

hmm... there could be a lot of reasons for this. I know it is hard to wait longer but at least you will get to talk to a doctor who can answer more of your questions.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

Which tests were they?

Ask about your HCG level when they give you the blood work results. You need to ask about the possibility of an ectopic. I had that with my second pregnancy, multiple positives, faint positives, and Multiple negatives. The only way they can know that is with blood work, they have to follow your HCG levels after several days. Although mine were normal even at 10 weeks when the tube was going to rupture. It may just be too early for a urine test. The blood work should provide more information.

But remember I also like you had several positives and several negatives with my first son. I know the waiting is hard. I pray that everything is okay.
  • AmandaJ
    Options

Which tests were they?

Ask about your HCG level when they give you the blood work results. You need to ask about the possibility of an ectopic. I had that with my second pregnancy, multiple positives, faint positives, and Multiple negatives. The only way they can know that is with blood work, they have to follow your HCG levels after several days. Although mine were normal even at 10 weeks when the tube was going to rupture. It may just be too early for a urine test. The blood work should provide more information.

But remember I also like you had several positives and several negatives with my first son. I know the waiting is hard. I pray that everything is okay.

Thanks, I will let everybody know as soon as I know!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Went and saw the dr today who will deliver me. She was so nice, soft spoken, and seemed very caring. I am so happy after having a terrible appt with my regular family dr.

Going for all my lab work today at lunch, and then my first official prenatal when I get back from our delayed honeymoon in January. Will be going on 11 weeks then- perhaps they will do an ultrasound!

When is the normal time for an ultrasound?
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Went and saw the dr today who will deliver me. She was so nice, soft spoken, and seemed very caring. I am so happy after having a terrible appt with my regular family dr.

Going for all my lab work today at lunch, and then my first official prenatal when I get back from our delayed honeymoon in January. Will be going on 11 weeks then- perhaps they will do an ultrasound!

Glad this appt was better! Remember you deliver the baby, she just catches :) U/S's ordering varies greatly by provider's. It totally depends. I never had one early, but now skip them all together.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

We don't have mosquitos up at 7000 feet in the mountains of NM.

Must be all that Vitamin B! :wink: :laugh:
    (We have then BAD in TN and I am hyper allergic to them on top of it...)
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

Which tests were they?

Any blue dye tests are notorious for false positives. Pink dye tests are much more conclusive. First Response Early Detection is a favorite of many.

Dollar Tree tests are my favorite! (and they're pink dye, and did I mention ... $1?). I've never tested as early as 4 weeks though so never had to deal with is it or isn't it.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

Good to hear. I get one at 21 weeks and they only cover more if medically "necessary". She asked me at my first (13 week) apt if I wanted one, but luckily I knew that my ins would not cover it so I declined. The one I get is just to be sure all the parts are there, and for me, because I want to know what it is. Mostly so I don't cry and try to give it back if I have to find out in the delivery room that it's a girl :laugh:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Anyone else decline a quad screen? I don't think I would consent to an amnio anyway and it wouldn't change anything other than being prepared in the delivery room (ie not in shock) if there was something wrong. But, it seems like a lot of testing and risk just for some peace of mind, especially with the false pos rate that sends you off to further testing for often no reason. I mean, if the testing to find out if it was a B or G was risky I'd just wait. Sort of seems like the same thing, considering I'd still have it even if it were "diagnosed" with something. So I just opted out. My last Dr did not even ask me if I wanted it or not, he either just did it, or just said "we're doing it" like I didn't have an option. I like these midwives better. Not to mention, added pointless cost in the medical system for extra tests, especially since tax payers are paying for mine...
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I had one at 5 weeks and 8 weeks because of my previous pregnancy risk. Then didn't get another until 19 weeks, which I think is common now 19-21 weeks somewhere. I have another at 24 weeks to recheck baby's growth because she was concerned about size. But it does generally depend on provider and insurance.

I had one done privately at 17 weeks to find out gender.