Pregnancy - December 2010

Options

Replies

• Mamatoabunch
    Options
    So I was watching one of those development stages videos about "what your baby is doing this month" (yep, still avoiding doing any actual work at work...) and it started out "at 10 weeks your baby is barely the size of a kumquat". WTH? Who knows what a flipping kumquat is or how big it is?! Why not - "This week your baby is the size of a piston cap off a 1964 mustang" or something else just as obscure?

I love kumquats!

Here is a link to baby by week w/ fruit, veggies and such. Mine is a peach this week, which is odd b/c 14 week is a lemon. Lemons are smaller than peaches here.

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/blogs/nb_checklists/pages/how-big-is-baby.aspx?r=0&MsdVisit=1
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I had my first apt. today! It was great. We had an US and measured in at 6 weeks and 1 day. My due date is August 5th. We were able to see and hear the heart beat of the baby which was amazing! The only thing that happened was the heart beat was at 108 and they like it to be at 120 usually but the dr. wasn't worried at all since its so early she said its usual that its a little slow. We are going in next week for another US to double check although I am not worried!!!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I had my first apt. today! It was great. We had an US and measured in at 6 weeks and 1 day. My due date is August 5th. We were able to see and hear the heart beat of the baby which was amazing! The only thing that happened was the heart beat was at 108 and they like it to be at 120 usually but the dr. wasn't worried at all since its so early she said its usual that its a little slow. We are going in next week for another US to double check although I am not worried!!!

I'm so happy it went well! Isn't hearing the heartbeat for the first time such a surreal experience? :love:
  • AnneElise
    Options
    How do you guys add your pregnancy tickers?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    So I was watching one of those development stages videos about "what your baby is doing this month" (yep, still avoiding doing any actual work at work...) and it started out "at 10 weeks your baby is barely the size of a kumquat". WTH? Who knows what a flipping kumquat is or how big it is?! Why not - "This week your baby is the size of a piston cap off a 1964 mustang" or something else just as obscure?

kumquats are really tiny too. A neighbor just gave us a huge bowl of them I didn't have the heart to tell her we don't eat them. Too bitter.

And funny peaches here are bigger than lemons too. There fruit sizes seem off. I wonder if watermelon ever shows up, cause we usually get 8-12 lb melons here. LOL
  • ckmama
    Options

go to baby gaga .com and then copy the link. Then come back to mfp and click on signature at the top of the forum list and paste it there.

It's funny cause mine says my baby is 13.5 inches but other sites say at 24 weeks it is 8.5 inches? maybe they measure differently.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options

Yayyy I am so happy for you! I go to see my actual dr. that will deliver me tomorrow! not sure if they will do an ultrasound or not though.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

I'm so happy it went well! Isn't hearing the heartbeat for the first time such a surreal experience? :love:

Glad it went well! Gald you are not worried anymore! I can't wait for my U/S but I have 6+ weeks to wait since I only get 1 the whole time unless they NEED more. I just want to know if it's a G or B though. I don't think I would really care to see one earlier either way.

I think I must be stone cold :laugh: because hearing the heartbeat has never been emotional for me at all. It just sounds like a train. It was good to hear it to know it was healthy, but I'm not an emotional person at all so. It actually took like 2 months after he was born for me to really even like my first. I would say zero bonding before he was born. I'm sure that sounds awful to people who cry at pregnancy tests, sonograms, and heart monitoring :laugh: but I am sure there are plenty of moms who get it too! Most just probably don't actually admit it...
  • AnneElise
    Options

Yayyy I am so happy for you! I go to see my actual dr. that will deliver me tomorrow! not sure if they will do an ultrasound or not though.

I hope that they do. It was amazing!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

go to baby gaga .com and then copy the link. Then come back to mfp and click on signature at the top of the forum list and paste it there.

It's funny cause mine says my baby is 13.5 inches but other sites say at 24 weeks it is 8.5 inches? maybe they measure differently.

I THINK - but don't quote me to anyone important - that some measure head to rump and some head to toes. The difference between the two sound about accurate if this were the case.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

kumquats are really tiny too. A neighbor just gave us a huge bowl of them I didn't have the heart to tell her we don't eat them. Too bitter.

And funny peaches here are bigger than lemons too. There fruit sizes seem off. I wonder if watermelon ever shows up, cause we usually get 8-12 lb melons here. LOL

You weird people and your kumquats... I don't think we have them here! I have never seen one. Peaches here are definitely bigger than lemons, but in AZ the lemons are HUGE! Much bigger than peaches!
  • mariagrant
    mariagrant Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Help

My name is maria I have have to kids a 2 year old and a 4 months old. I need help losing the baby weight. I excerise everyday for 20 min and I have been eat about 1200 calories per day. I watch want I eat. I need ideas about losing the weight faster I didnt any weight in 2 weeks.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Help

My name is maria I have have to kids a 2 year old and a 4 months old. I need help losing the baby weight. I excerise everyday for 20 min and I have been eat about 1200 calories per day. I watch want I eat. I need ideas about losing the weight faster I didnt any weight in 2 weeks.

Are you breastfeeding? If so, you need to eat a lot more than 1200 cals. If not, you still might need to eat more. I could not lose weight at all eating 1200 and jumped to 1500 and started losing.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Fetus are commonly measured head to rump until 20 weeks and after 20 weeks head to heel.

I THINK - but don't quote me to anyone important - that some measure head to rump and some head to toes. The difference between the two sound about accurate if this were the case.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Glad it went well! Gald you are not worried anymore! I can't wait for my U/S but I have 6+ weeks to wait since I only get 1 the whole time unless they NEED more. I just want to know if it's a G or B though. I don't think I would really care to see one earlier either way.

I think I must be stone cold :laugh: because hearing the heartbeat has never been emotional for me at all. It just sounds like a train. It was good to hear it to know it was healthy, but I'm not an emotional person at all so. It actually took like 2 months after he was born for me to really even like my first. I would say zero bonding before he was born. I'm sure that sounds awful to people who cry at pregnancy tests, sonograms, and heart monitoring :laugh: but I am sure there are plenty of moms who get it too! Most just probably don't actually admit it...

I get no feeling from U/S, don't even do them since my first pregnancy. I only get good baby is a live from hearing the HB before movement is consistent, otherwise, ehhh whatever. I don't always bond right away either.
  • ckmama
    Options
    I love hearing the heart beat, its like "SURPRISE" I'm in here, I wouldn't say it was a bonding experience, more like me thinking

oh cool there is a baby in there. You would think by now it wouldn't shock me, but it still does.:laugh: After an 8 year hiatus it still seems weird when you see the baby and hear the heart beat.

I have to admit I didn't bond much with my first son the first 2 weeks as well, but i had severe post partum. I tried, but it was just awkward. Hoping this time I don't have to deal with the same.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    so the morning sickness started today. I am at work and about to throw up.... How do you guys deal with this?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    AnneElise -- hard sour candy seems to have helped mine the most. Lemon drops, for example. I don't know how I would've made it through teaching -- I work in HR and at the peak of my m/s it was pretty difficult to function when I was helping employees face-to-face. I don't feel like my morning sickness has been very bad, though. Nausea but no vomiting. I'm still nauseous most days, especially in the mornings now. But not nearly as much or as often as I was during weeks 6 and 7. Then I was the most sick in the late afternoon/evening.

I had a dream last night that I had a baby girl & named her Anna Elise. I was wondering where in the world that name came from until I came to this thread this morning. :laugh: Funny brain.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    so the morning sickness started today. I am at work and about to throw up.... How do you guys deal with this?

Saltines. And fried rice for me. Also my friend SWORE by those sea sickness wrist bands and the Prego Pop candy drops. I didn't try any because I got through this round with minimal M/S as opposed to on the verge of puking nearly 24/7 for 2 months last time. But I would have tried anything last time!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I took b-6 and unisom this time. I am so thankful for it.