Judging people and their weight

Options

Replies

• marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is what they mean.....that because you are fat is because you have issues that you have not resolved yet. Thus, you want to be fat. It is a choice to eat a health meal, over an unhealthy one, it is a choice to not workout instead of doing the hard work.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what medication makes a person gain weight even if they are eating in a caloric deficit. Please name the specific medication. I'm not talking about increase of appetite. It's been stated the medication itself will directly cause weight gain regardless of caloric deficit. What medications are these???
    Long-term steroid use will bloat people up like crazy. It's even called "the prednisone puff."

So, there's one.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what medication makes a person gain weight even if they are eating in a caloric deficit. Please name the specific medication. I'm not talking about increase of appetite. It's been stated the medication itself will directly cause weight gain regardless of caloric deficit. What medications are these???

I would imagine any number of medications would cause water retention and thus, a technical weight gain - though how much and for how long would be a good question. Other than that, I'm not aware of any.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I just gotta laugh at the ones spouting garbage. Seriously. Must be darn cold up there on all those pedestals.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    No. I'm not talking about bloat or water retention. I'm talking about the people saying they got "fat" because the medication directly cause then to not be able to burn fat while in a caloric deficit.

And I'm not asking for a group of stuff like "steroids". Bring actual answers. Please list the medication.
    People gain weight when taking prednisone long-term. It isn't all water weight. They are generally too sick to exercise.

There are even drugs designed to make people gain weight by actively increasing the appetite. They don't always overcome the inability to eat, but they exist.

Some drugs cause weight gain in some people and not others.

If you just want to be right and pass judgment in a mean way, just do that. You don't actually need people to fight with you. Just do it!

I hope you have a better day.
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    No. I'm not talking about bloat or water retention. I'm talking about the people saying they got "fat" because the medication directly cause then to not be able to burn fat while in a caloric deficit.

And I'm not asking for a group of stuff like "steroids". Bring actual answers. Please list the medication.
    People gain weight when taking prednisone long-term. It isn't all water weight. They are generally too sick to exercise.

There are even drugs designed to make people gain weight by actively increasing the appetite. They don't always overcome the inability to eat, but they exist.

If you just want to be right and pass judgment in a mean way, just do that. You don't actually need people to fight with you. Just do it!

Seriously, that's pretty much all he wants to do. Nothing actually constructive.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

You know you are not going to get an answer right....why becasue there aren't any.

Medication in itself will not cause a calorie surplus...I don't care what anyone here says...and that includes Birth control.
    I just gotta laugh at the ones spouting garbage. Seriously. Must be darn cold up there on all those pedestals.

Oh and who would those people be????

*probably won't get an answer for this question either.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Obviously there are people who do choose to be fat. Saying there isn't anyone like that is as ridiculous as saying EVERY fat person is like that. But I think it's an irrelevant point. Even if someone did consciously choose to get fat, they still deserve the same respect, right to be proud of their body, and access to healthcare as anyone else. It makes no difference whatsoever. Someone who gained weight because of comfort eating due to childhood abuse, for example, isn't a "better" fatty than someone who just likes cake too much. They're both people.
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    Options

Sorry if you don't feel I'm messaging your feelings or throwing around sprinkles and rainbows. I'm not looking to fight with you. I didnt give you constructive criticism, stop making so many damn excuses. Because you're full of them. If you don't like what I post, feel free to block me. It would make absolutely no difference to me to have one less person crying they define physics to be around.

Oh shush, you just want me to justify myself to you so you can pick me apart. Having a bad self esteem day are we?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Sorry if you don't feel I'm messaging your feelings or throwing around sprinkles and rainbows. I'm not looking to fight with you. I didnt give you constructive criticism, stop making so many damn excuses. Because you're full of them. If you don't like what I post, feel free to block me. It would make absolutely no difference to me to have one less person crying they define physics to be around.

Oh shush, you just want me to justify myself to you so you can pick me apart. Having a bad self esteem day are we?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21751-1377620562-25.gif
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    Options

Not trying to pick you apart. Trying to see what these so called medications are. If people are going claims there are medications that do what you say, then people have the right to question it. You and others get mad when challenged if you don't have a way to provide answers.

I am always happy to be challenged, because I can back up what I claim.

As far as having a bad self esteem day, not at all. And if I was, tearing you down would lift me up, you're not important enough.

Funny, I thought you just said that you weren't trying to pick people apart or put others down. You just did. :noway:
  • Kalikel
    Options
    The guy who requested to be blocked has been.

Medications do cause people to lose weight and gain weight.

It does seem that people who lose weight because of the drugs aren't told, "You're so skinny! You should just eat more! Chemo [or other type of drug] is no excuse! The drugs might take away your appetite, but it's your fault that you don't eat enough! Your skinniness is your fault!"

If they gained because of drugs, though, it's an easy way for bitter and mean people to name-call and feel oh-so-justified in doing it. Big, fat bullies, sitting behind their key boards. Imagine them going into a bar and saying that stuff to actual tough guys, lol. No chance! They go on the Internet and make fun of sick, recovering or recovered people.

If you are one of those people, know that others are on to the fact that you're just doing the wimpiest of bullying. And that you are, generally, unhappy and are trying to take out on others (which will never make you feel better.)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

I was on a very high daily dose of steroids for the first 9 months I was losing weight. Did my appetite increase YES, did I have to make sure to watch for trends in my weight loss so I could adjust my calorie consumption for this YES. But did this stop me from losing weight no.

I used the prednisone as an excuse for my weight gain for the previous year - but it was my choice not to control my eating. Yes there was some bloating and water weight but it just meant there were some bigger fluctuations.
  • BachMa2000
    BachMa2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think that the doctors statement is true to an extent. I accept full responsibility for gaining weight. It was due to choices that I have made. But at the same time you can't deny that there are different levels of attraction towards food among different people. There are also different natural responses to hunger and fullness signals and different natural urges to be active.

Some people manage to stay in a normal weight range without really thinking about it while others need to be constantly monitoring their intake to not overeat. My husband has always been what could be called "naturally thin". He just eats what he when he wants and manages to stay at a good calorie in/out balance. Now me on the other hand I think about every bite of food that goes into my mouth. If I just freely ate like him I would gain weight. I just have a stronger attraction to food and different reactions to hunger and fullness signals. We both make choices but my choices require much more mental work than his to stay at a healthy weight. Now I am not making excuses but it is a harsh reality that it is easier for some people than others.
  • Kalikel
    Options

I was on a very high daily dose of steroids for the first 9 months I was losing weight. Did my appetite increase YES, did I have to make sure to watch for trends in my weight loss so I could adjust my calorie consumption for this YES. But did this stop me from losing weight no.

I used the prednisone as an excuse for my weight gain for the previous year - but it was my choice not to control my eating. Yes there was some bloating and water weight but it just meant there were some bigger fluctuations.
    Have you taken all the drugs that cause weight gain? And did you lose while taking all of them?

Bully for you.

Not everyone is so lucky.

People do have experiences that aren't the same as yours because they aren't you.

People do lose and gain weight due to medications. Be humble enough to admit that you don't know everything and compassionate enough to not beat up on them, even if you couldn't care less about anyone else's problems.