Am I ok to replace food with alchohol for one day?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't drink that much or that often but when I do, I save the right amount of my carbs and calories for the alcohol. I normally only have a few drinks so it's pretty easy to manage. Although last week the first night on my vacation I definitely went overboard. lool
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Well, I ended up eating my usual calories in food and then another 3 AND A HALF THOUSAND ON TOP from alcohol. Jeez, I'm so done until Christmas now.

Haha, wait for all the haters to come on here and see that one.

Glad you had a good night, don't worry about it, one day won't kill you. Get back to normal eating/exercising straight away and you might even get away with it.
    I'm fascinated (as a drinker) that folks use words like "puritans" and "haters" to describe those of us who expressed concern about her plan to drink a CRAP TON while not eating.

3,500 calories of alcohol causes concern and we're "haters" and "puritans". fascinating.

signed: happy hour last night, I had 4 glasses of wine.

I believe the difference is each person's personal definition of 'CRAP TON'. Besides, it wasn't 3,500 calories of alcohol, a large proportion of it was sugar. Just sayin'.

Case in point:
    Your 4 glasses of wine (assuming white, solely because that's what I drink) are 9.2 units for 636 calories
    LemonSurprise's bottle of apple Sourz has 10.5 units of alcohol, and according to my calculations 2,575 calories - the majority of the calorie intake.

You really can't judge the alcohol intake on the calorie content.

I'm sure that better decisions have been made, but seriously, we're not at stomach-pump levels here. Chill out.
    Again, she stated how much vodka she was PLANNING TO drink. This is what prompted 80% of the comments.
    But yes, this is the land of YOLO and no one really thinks beyond mañana. cheers!
    She said she was planning on five shots.

That's two martinis.
    at the beginning of the thread she said she was planning to drink a 750ml.
    No, she didn't:
    It's vodka! If I'm correct, about 300ml totals to over 700 calories, plus the calories in the diet lemonade.

I don't have any issues with replacing it long term, I rarely drink, it's just a friends birthday but I didn't know what to do regarding the calories for that day.
    You're right, my bad, she only said she was going to have 10 singles or 5 doubles, but that she USED to do a 750, no prob.
    I'm really surprised everyone thinks this! Before I was calorie counting I would just get a 750ml bottle to myself! I'm not a small person though, and I'm 23 so that was and still is my excuse ;)
    10 singles. just ten drinks. you're right. lol.