What can you do now that you couldn't do (or didn't think yo

Options
I am really interested to see the responses.
And I am excited to be able to answer this a couple months, 6 months, and a year down the road. (like fitting into certain clothes)
I've just started this, but so far:

I can eat smaller portions!
I can do jumping jacks
I can do push ups
I can say no thank you to pies, cakes and cookes; and still be a nice person -- no one will think I'm rude!
I can walk to work,.
I can catch my breath more quickly.
I can eat a portion of crackers (not the whole sleeve) with my soup!
(I'm a freak for the crunchy salty things, so this one is a lot tougher for me than the pie and cookies)

What can YOU do?

Replies

• chalajune
    Options
    I can get my skinny jeans on buttoned and zipped... can't sit or move in them... But they are ON!!!
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    I can reach and grab something from the floorboard of my car while I'm buckled up without having to hold my breath or feel like my innerds are going to rupture on the pressure of my seatbelt.

yay me.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I can do 10 pullups, and do sets of chin ups and dips with a weighted belt.

I can run miles and miles without stopping.

I could probably steal your girlfriend. ;)
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    In the last year...
    fit into my 'skinny box of clothes', understand how to eat healthy, cut down on sodas from 6 a day to 1-2 a month, 50 push ups, ran a 5K, swam 1.6 miles for charity, attend Tae Kwon Do with my 10 year old, participated in a Tae Kwon Do competition against a 18 year old (I am 42), worked out at the gym 230 times, and above all else ENJOY MY TIME WITH MY FAMILY.
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I can complete an hour long spin class and not feel like dying. The first time I tried was only a couple of months ago and I barely made it through 45 minutes! Now I can push myself to go faster and work harder than I ever thought I could.

I can do real push ups.

I can fit into size 12 pants again. Going for size 10.

I can catch my breath and recover very quickly.

I can't wear almost all of my pants because they're all too big!

I can eat healthy when I'm out with my fiance. I don't have to eat what he eats or let him talk me into a cheese plate, dessert, pate or confit.

I can eat smaller portions and not be bothered when my friends at work make pick on me for eating healthy all of the time. Maybe one day it will rub off on them.
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I can reach and grab something from the floorboard of my car while I'm buckled up without having to hold my breath or feel like my innerds are going to rupture on the pressure of my seatbelt.

yay me.

I hope you are stopped at the time :smile:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Awesome accomplishments and great weight loss!! Thanks for the feedback!! I feel encouraged!
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs without 'help'.
    I can be hungry - and it's OK!!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs without 'help'.
    I can be hungry - and it's OK!!

The first time I realised I could cross my legs by actually puting one leg on top of the other, that was awesome.

It's these little things that are so huge, and that most people don't understand. When I first lost weight, I'd be doing some activity and jump into the air, then have a mini-attack when I was in the air too long. My brain would say "you're not supposed to still be in the air!" People think I'm insane when I tell them that, but I spent my whole life overweight. Every time I hop up a set of stairs with no effort, it's a triumph to me, even 5 years later.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I could probably steal your girlfriend. ;)

LOL That is way funny
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I can paint my own toe nails now. (Well, I could paint them before but it was so hard to bend over all my fat that it wasn't a very neat paint job so my boyfriend usually did them for me.)

I can actually jog now without hyperventilating and passing out

I can say no to french fries !!!:happy:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Thanks!! I
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I can paint my own toe nails now. (Well, I could paint them before but it was so hard to bend over all my fat that it wasn't a very neat paint job so my boyfriend usually did them for me.)

I love this!! That was actually a turning point for me, not being able to comfortably reach my toenails!! When I knew I HAD to do SOMTHING!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    [/quote]

It's these little things that are so huge, and that most people don't understand. When I first lost weight, I'd be doing some activity and jump into the air, then have a mini-attack when I was in the air too long. My brain would say "you're not supposed to still be in the air!" People think I'm insane when I tell them that, but I spent my whole life overweight. Every time I hop up a set of stairs with no effort, it's a triumph to me, even 5 years later.
    [/quote]

Very Encouraging, Thank YOU!! I am already surprised in the changes! Not like the pounds are dropping off, but I just moved from level one to level two on my Shred DVD. A month ago I could hardly do it and thought I was going to DIE!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes and more (I actually weight less than before)
    I can eat healthier meals
    I can workout without stopping
    I can finally look at calories and not be careless like before
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I can go up 2 flights of stairs without getting out of breath.
    I can fit into smaller clothes.
    I can run on a treadmill for 20 min straight.
    I can go hiking.
    I can go without junk food and soda.
    I can sit with my leg crossed.
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    I can push myself harder at the gym and not feel like I am gonna die.
    I can pull my goal jeans up over my hips and butt, no where near button or zipped YET.
    I can sprint from my house to the neighbors.

This can go on and on. The biggest thing I can do is not buy unhealthy food.
  • Dafrog
    Options
    Oh I can also Log a bad day and learn from it.
    Before I would just pretend it didnt happen
  • Dafrog
    Options
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options

OH, I like THAT one!! (yeah, I still just pretended Thanksgiving and a couple Sunday afternoons didn't happen... those blanks in my diary don't mean I didn't eat the rest of the day!!)
    I'm going to try to get to that one NOW!
    Thanks!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!