What can you do now that you couldn't do (or didn't think yo

Options

Replies

• ruth1104
    ruth1104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I caved and bought a packet of crisps (chips) for my long commute home. BUT I only had a little bit and rolled up the packet and put it in a drawer and I'm not even tempted by it! Especially after reading all these posts!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    This morning I was able to do straight leg sit-ups without my feet coming off the ground. Next up, knees bent without feet being held down.
  • vanessa021
    vanessa021 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can actually understand what I am consuming. Before now, it didn't matter because I didn't know what were the best choices for me and now that I can see it all in writing, it makes sense! Moderation is key :D
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    After about a month of doing this, I am no longer winded as easily as I was before.
    I can continue to opt for water over soda, even though there is plenty of my old supply handy if I really wanted it.
    I can size up a proper serving of a lot of things on sight (instead of just eating it all).
    I can say that i have eaten a proper breakfast for 35 straight days now (probably hadn't done it for that long a sretch since I was in junior high).
    I can say that I weigh less than I have in at least 15 years. I haven't been all that overweight, but it has held pretty consistent at 15-20 lbs over recommended BMI during that time. I'm looking good, and I'm feeling great!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a shirt now that i have never been able to wear before ! I have lost 16.5 pounds so far and have another 90 to loose look forward to alot more exciting things !
    I passed up dessert tonight and church and worked at the dessert table for a dinner ! My parents had pizza tonight and i did not eat any pizza !
  • cvg1973
    cvg1973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can workout for MORE than one hour 3.5 ml/hr 6-10 incline and not feel tired....
    I can say no to fatty food...
    I am taking pictures again... :-)
    I DONT HAVE TO TAKE DIABETES MEDS......
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can run on my treadmill for long(ish) periods of time and not be tired and I actually most often enjoy it. Jumping jacks are easy now and I can do the splits.

I can have a " cheat" day and go right back to eating healthy the next day
  • safetypins
    Options
    I can run a mile on a treadmill without wanting to die.
    I can wear clothes from 2 years ago.
    I can take pictures and not feel like my face is FAT.
    I can do more push ups now that I'm not so heavy.
    I can NOT see my stomach from under my boobs.
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I can do 10 pullups, and do sets of chin ups and dips with a weighted belt.

I can run miles and miles without stopping.

I could probably steal your girlfriend. ;)

If I had one!

I can get up the 2 fights of sairs to the top of my house without even thinking about it - before I would have avoided it, as I would have had sore knees and been out of breath!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I can run 3 miles!
    I can do side planks(as Jillian calls them).
    I can go out in public and feel good about myself.
    I can fit the 1 pair of jeans I wanted with only a lil muffin top left.
    I fit every pair of size 6's my skinny butt cousin gave me!
    I can smile!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I wore a blouse that was given to me for Christmas ten years ago. I just cut off the tags and put it on looked brand new. Better get some wear out of it because it is already getting to big.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles at 5mph today and I could have gone longer if I had the time. When I started I was walking at 3mph for 30 mins.
  • theTX4
    theTX4 Posts: 25
    Options
    I can carry my 50lb four year old and not feel like I'm about to die.
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can see my tricep and shoulder muscles when I flex :) The bicep is still covered up but I know it's in there somewhere!!!
  • lulu64uk
    Options
    I can take off my work suit trousers at the end of the day and not have red marks all around my middle !!!
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can do 10 pullups, and do sets of chin ups and dips with a weighted belt.

I can run miles and miles without stopping.

I could probably steal your girlfriend. ;)

I could probably steal your girlfriend/wife/mistress. ;)
  • xerinx2011
    Options
    I can do 50 mins kickboxing (a few days ago i could only manage 20!)
    I can say no to rubbish food!
    I can touch my toes without bending my knees (i can actually place my hands flat on the floor like that)
    I have so much more energy
    I can climb the 6 flights of stairs at college without feeling like im dying (still out of breath and calves burn!)
    I am setting an example to my son
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I can run marathons, fast enough that I have qualified for the Boston Marathon. :happy:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I can take my wedding ring off!! I know that's an odd one to post on Valentine's Day, and I will not actually take it off, but it slide over my knuckle when I put lotion on and that has happened for years!! :-D

Thanks everyone for posting on here... it's so encouraging to come and read these!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    such amazing, inspiring messages. It's important to recognize the success, no matter how small they may seem to others, because to us....they are HUGE milestones! I am in awe of your accomplishments. Well done.:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!