Options

Replies

• IceFaith
    Options
    I can wrestle w/ my bf and not be the one that is out of breath...:D
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! Thanks to all of you :flowerforyou: This post is exactly what I needed to see this morning! I've had a rough week and was starting to feel kind of down-n-out :cry: Thank you for showing me all the things that I don't see myself! I can have Nutella in the house (as long as it's out of sight) and not eat it! I can and will control what I eat, rather than what I eat controlling me!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I can zip my wedding dress up and it fits comfortably! I was so worried.... now I can march on to more weight loss and maybe even alterations!*LOL*

Shannon
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    This is great so I'm bringing it back, because I did something last night that I haven't done in my entire adult life.
    I tucked in my shirt ! no pooch, no muffin top, no hidding behind another shirt unbuttoned and open over the tucked one.

It looked GREAT and I was COMFORTABLE in my clothes, no picking and pulling at the top!
  • ChanelCharlie
    Options
    never thought i'd be able to get through a whole Turbo Fire workout!!!
    Now I kill the 55 minute class...bring on the sweat!!!
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I can say no to sweets much easier than before. Seeing others eating them infront of me doesn't bother me as it used to.
    I can actually fit into my "girl" shirts lol. I used to have to wear mens T-shirts
    I can walk longer distances without being out of breath so soon.

At this point, best of all is I keep keep up with my daughter better :) She's 22 months and we all know how much energy they have LOL
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    fit in booths at a restraunt

ditto! That one was HUGE for me. The first time I went out (with my dad of all people) and went to sit down but couldn't FIT into the booth, I thought I was going to die. That's one of my "fat" horror stories. The other was not being allowed on a roller coaster because they couldnt close the safety bar on my lap.

Now I can:
    - fit in booths at restraunts
    - fit comfortably in old theatre chairs (the ones where the arms don't move)
    - buckle my seat belt in the car, comfortably (I used to not wear it all because it was so tight)
    - NOT have my seat in the car pushed back to the very last setting
    - hike! (this is huge too! If I knew I'd have to walk long distances, I wouldn't go in the past)
    - see my wrist bones, collar bones, hip bones
    - do 30 minutes on the elliptical at pretty high settings (when I first started I couldnt do two minutes)
    - do push ups and pull ups (I've NEVER done them in the past)

future wants: (will try these next summer)
    - to fly in an airplane without having to ask for a seat belt extension
    - ride a bunch of amusement rides
    - take much longer hikes/go backpacking and camping
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I wore and XL shirt w/ a little room to spare. :happy:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    love it!
    I can do 10 pullups, and do sets of chin ups and dips with a weighted belt.

I can run miles and miles without stopping.

I could probably steal your girlfriend. ;)
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I can run for two hours without stopping.

Wear boots because my calves got smaller!

I can see my muscles when I flex.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wow. Well there is alot I can do now that I wasn't able to do a couple of months ago.

I CAN.....

FIT INTO SKINNY JEANS
    JOG & HAVE A CONVERSATION AT THE SAME TIME
    BREATHE BETTER
    WALK UPSTAIRS W/O RUNNING OUT OF BREATH
    PORTION MY FOOD
    EAT HEALTHY EVEN WHEN GOING OUT TO EAT
    GO SHOPPING & FIT INTO ALL THE CLOTHES I LIKE
    PICK STUFF OFF OF THE FLOOR W/O IT TAKING A LOT OUT OF ME...

I HAVE...
    A BETTER SELF ESTEEM
    A WHOLE LOT OF CONFIDENCE
    FAMILY SUPPORT & MOTIVATION
    A BETTER BODY & LOOK GOOD IN MY CLOTHES

LASTLY....
    MY HUSBAND CAN PICK ME UP OVER HIS SHOULDER!!!!!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Your Momma dont dance and your daddy don't Rock and Roll.??????? Baloneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy we Do :-)
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I do pole fit, (it's like a pole dance class that is more focused on fitness, super fun though!) and when I first started I didn't have the arm strength to do holds on the pole. (That's basically where you climb up, and just use your arms to hold yourself up, kind of like chin ups on a vertical pole, and they expect you to keep your legs pointed and pretty)

.. after seeing all of the awesome, inspiring things you guys accomplished I decided to go try on one of the support beams in my basement, just for the heck of it, and I could do it! =D
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    One more thing I can't do any more is
    I cant lay in bed and pick the dog off of the bed and turn over on my side to place the dog on the floor. Tried to do this the other night and the weight of the dog pulled me out of bed onto the hard wood floor. I have the bruises to prove it and dont worrie about the dog I sacrifisted my body and he was fine, I lost 37 puonds he weighs 30 so I can no longer put him off the bed like this.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I can do 130 squats at a time
    I can say no thanks (most of the time) to less healthy foods
    I can do 50 - 100 sit ups in a day
    I can balance life's ups and downs
    I can do it!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I can hold myself above the bar in a pull-up position and slowly lower down instead of just flopping down to the ground. I can run faster and harder than ever before. I'm able to leave the house by myself for longer periods and longer distances which is something I struggled with before. I have a bit of social anxiety so that's been a struggle but it's getting better by pushing my *kitten* out of the house and going for walks.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I can...
    Do man push ups.
    Run for 40+ minutes without stopping
    Bicycle for unknown duration at 16-20 Mph ( have not reached limit yet)
    Do lots of crunches
    Do This!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much for all these encouraging responses!! You all rock!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I loved reading all of these :)

I can stand up straight without letting my insanely flexible back curve my spine. I can wear size 7jeans and have them just be a tad too loose. I can actually live a full day without pain (Celiac disease I HATE YOU). I can pass by junk food because I honestly don't want it. I can't lie in certain positions anymore because there are these weird things called hipbones in my way.
  • luvthewaves
    luvthewaves Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can eat healthy and actually not feel starved all day long.
    I can go into a store and know there is something there that will fit ;o)
    I can go to the park and play with my Grandkids and not just have to sit and watch!
    I can actually feel good about myself even though i have a long way to go to meet my final goal weight
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!