What can you do now that you couldn't do (or didn't think yo

Options

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    This is so inspirational! Bump :)
  • Two weeks ago when we first got a gym membership I did about 30 minutes of cardio working only hard enough to burn 235 cals and I felt like this was huge and I was going to die (except then I sat down for a moment and thought I was high). Now I can burn 380 in 30 minutes and keep going for another 15 before I'm really tired. I also went for this bootcamp class (it's circuit training) a week or two ago (wish I could remember) and it hurt to climb stairs for two days after but I did it again this morning and I think I'm going to be completely fine tomorrow!!!

ALSO bump because I think sometimes we forget that we do all this for more than seeing the number on the scale change.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    this is a really awsome question!!

~I can actually Jog for more than 15 min wout havint to stop! (Recent time was 35 min w no stopping)
    ~I can last through a full hour or more workout without wanting to give up and quit!
    ~I can limit myself to only 1 serving of chips or my fav crackers without being tempted to sit with the whole bag
    ~ I can actually eat healthy items veggies, fruit, brown rice, spinach instead of iceburg lettuce and so forth and actually ENJOY it and actually want it more than the less healthy crap
    ~ I can go into a store and leave without grabbing a candy bar from the checkout area
    ~I can be more daring with my outfits I choose to wear when going out
    ~actually call myself "a jogger/runner" & label myself as an "active person" which is pretty cool :)
    ~complete intense strengh moves like burbees and jump squats
    ~can knock out some pushups wout having to go on my knees
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love this topic!!! I lo\ve a lot of the answers such as not losing breath easily and being able to bend over and not feeling like puking my stomach up.

For me some of the biggies are:

I can do yoga, rock climb, and complete an hour long zumba class

I am more adventerous in my intimacy with my husband

My butt is looking perky

Soreness from a good workout is enjoyable and feels like a reward rather than an annoying discomfort

I drink a ton of water and eat a ton of veggies because I crave it not because I HAVE to

My skin has cleared up

There are so many more items I'd like to put on this list but it's a great start- no complaints!
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh this is excellent and I think of the things I can do everyday as it is what motivates me to keep going!!

1. I can sit in a booth at a restraunt and not worry about if I will fit or not
    2. I can walk up stairs without a thought in my head.
    3. Someone else said I can park wearever and not worry, me to in fact I park as far away as possible in order to get exercise. :)
    4. I am not embarrased to be seen in public.
    5. I no longer hate myself every time I eat something.
    6. I love vegtables who knew??
    7. I can wear my rings.
    8. I can exercise everyday and feel awful if I do not.

Ha so many things - Good for all of us WOOT WOOT
  • 6Alsmom
    6Alsmom Posts: 40
    Options
    I can see and feel my rib cage again. I can get excited about exercise. I can pass up donuts and candy. I can pick something up off the floor without having to "take a knee" to retrieve it.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    -Do the entire Extreme Abs video without any modifications, including the side planks.

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Run a 5K.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I can jump. No really both feet off the groung at the same time and land on my feet. Ah, you have no idea how good that feels.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I love this thread and I love to see it pop back up on the recent posts! It’s so encouraging to come back and read all the responses!!

I posted this over two months ago, so I thought it was time I responded myself, so here goes:

I can:

Get through a 55 minute workout DVD
    walk 3.7 miles in 55 minutes without being winded
    do (partially modified to beginner level version of) level 3 of 30 day shred
    I can monitor my heart rate and stay in a healthy (safe but effective) zone
    fit comfortably into size 18 pants
    Most days I can understand that number will not be a size 10 or 12 for some time, that this is a slow process, that 1 ½ pounds a week is the healthy way to loose weight.
    bake for my husband and not feel deprived that I can’t have any.
    eat breakfast
    plan healthy meals and snacks and stick to that plan
    go 23 days (so far) without alcohol and not really miss it

and…. I can (almost) stay off the scale between weekly weigh-ins!!

:smile:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    bump!
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I can do 10 pullups in a row - from barely 1
    I can do 50 pushups in a row - from 30
    I can run 5 minutes straight - from like 30 seconds(terrible at running)
    I can fit an L sized shirt - from XXL
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I can run!!
    I can walk up stairs and not feel like I ran a marathon.
    I can eat better and not feel hungry!!!
    I can lose weight!!! (this is the first time I have ever done something and consistently lose weight. even ww didnt' help me like this has.)
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I can see my **** when I go to the bathroom.

Oh, and I can do burpees, too.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    I can bounce on my kids bouncy castle without putting us all over the weight limit!!
  • chrish1981
    Options
    I have had Lindt truffles and chocolate turtles sitting on my kitchen table since CHRISTMAS, and I haven't touched them!!!

I can say no to sweets.

I can portion, weight, and count what I'm eating.

I can THINK about what's going into my mouth and decide whether or not it's worth the calories.

I can have a cheat DAY....not FIVE.

I can wear a belt with pants I barely fit in 2 months ago.

I can buy single digit jeans again!!!!!!!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    When I pick the kids up from school...we have a race back to the car...I'd always come last... NOW.... I'm first to the car and when I get there and turn around, the kids are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr behind me... heheheee...kinda Ice Age 3 moment in reverse if you catch my drift!
  • baharal
    baharal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What an great post! I can't wait to do some of the things many of you have mentioned!
  • sicembears
    sicembears Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can get my skinny jeans on buttoned and zipped... can't sit or move in them... But they are ON!!!

Now that's funny, and I can totally relate.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just ran a mile for the first time in my life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!