What can you do now that you couldn't do (or didn't think yo

Options

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I can bench 160 with my legs on the decline squat machine (I dunno if this is a lot.... but it's a bit jump for me personally).

I can also eat 1,200 calories without feeling like I'm starving to death. Yay for body adaptations!*LOL*

I can log calories in MFP without feeling like it's tedious and a chore.

Shannon
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I can go to the park and play with my Grandkids and not just have to sit and watch!

Love that! Lucky Grandkids!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I can hike, go up stairs, walk, even run, without getting winded.
    I can tie my shoes without my belly getting in the way.
    I can buy cute clothes in the regular department.
    I feel good when my husband hugs me and his arms reach around me.
    I am confident when I meet new people and see old friends.
    I can put on anything in my current wardrobe and know it will fit.
    I feel pretty.
    I can wear pretty clothes.
    I can go to the doctor and be comfortable about all my numbers.
    I am still working on it but I can feel very good about how far I have come.
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I can tie my shoes! No more cramming my feet into already-tied shoes! The first day I realized that was a huge happy dance!

I can't ride on the recumbent bike anymore b/c I don't have enough fat to keep my tailbone from rubbing on the seat and getting raw.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    A year ago I could barely run a 30 second interval...now I am planning to complete my first half marathon on 1/23/2011!!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I can get my skinny jeans on buttoned and zipped... can't sit or move in them... But they are ON!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I can do 10 pullups, and do sets of chin ups and dips with a weighted belt.

I can run miles and miles without stopping.

I could probably steal your girlfriend. ;)

You can't steal yourself a girlfriend while happily married! :laugh:
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    1. I can control what/when I eat.

2. I can shop in the regular stores.

3. I can do an hour on the treadmill without dying!

4. I can cross my legs (been years since I could do this).

5. I can go to ANY restaurant and ask for a booth without wondering in my mind if I am going to fit!
  • ShellyRath
    Options
    I can run 2 miles and am on my way to being able to run a 5k. This is huge for me, I never thought I would be able to run. I look forward to exercise rather than dread it.
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    I can get my picture taken without hding behind someone or some thing!!!! A friend took a candid pic of me at a party recently and I veiwed it on facebook.I I remember looking at it briefly and not realizing it was me!!!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    A year ago I could barely run a 30 second interval...now I am planning to complete my first half marathon on 1/23/2011!!

Wow! Congratulations!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I can get my picture taken without hding behind someone or some thing!!!! A friend took a candid pic of me at a party recently and I veiwed it on facebook.I I remember looking at it briefly and not realizing it was me!!!!
    you look great!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I loved reading all of these :)

Me too! they are very inspiring!!!
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    Love that feeling! Woo hoo!
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I can park where ever I want and not worry about how far it is to walk. I LOVE this freedom, do you know how many spaces are in the back of parking lots??!??!

:D

~S
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I jogged 1.25 miles without stopping! I was really proud of myself because I've NEVER been a runner. My pace was very slow, but all that mattered to me was that I kept going!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Bump
  • imagoofyg00b3r
    Options
    In just the 2 weeks I've been at this I can:

Do 40 minutes on the treadmill 5x/week (before I could BARELY do 20 minutes and I would do it maybe twice a week. Usually not at all)

Count my calories and easily stay under my goal (never thought I'd count calories or become a health nut)

Not have any desire to go back to poor eating habits. Looking at some of the foods I was previously consuming just disgusts me now. It's not tempting at all. More like sickening.

I can't wait to be able to get about to 5k/day (right now I'm at 2k per day)

It's amazing how many changes you can make in such a short amount of time. It makes you think "why in the *BLEEP* was I not doing this all along?!"
  • johnjely
    Options
    This is so inspirational! Bump :)
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    I ran 6.0km without stopping or walking

30 push ups

eat salad stuff ( well just ) Ive never eaten salad stuff all my life until 2 days ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!