What can you do now that you couldn't do (or didn't think yo

Options

Replies

• balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I can fit into my skinny jeans without having giant muffin tops!

I can run for the bus without sweating like a pig and being out of breath!

I can run 5K in 30mins! (Ok, it's not as fast as "real" runners, but it's 5K :happy:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I say no to fat food. lol
    I quit smoking cigarettes.
    I can run 4 miles.
    I got rid of my back pain without using medicine. Every since I started doing ab and back exercises, it's completely GONE!!!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i can be confident that what food i have planned for the day are the right foods and that im strong enough not to stray and buy anything silly and blow it all..
    i can nearly *very nearly* touch my toes without bending my knees..its so small but for me its a major step :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I can run at 5.3 mph.
    I can run a slow 5K.
    I can plyometric push-ups.
    I can wear some size 14 pants.
    I can do 202 push-ups with no knees in one hour.
    I can run up stairs without getting winded in three inch heels.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I can run 3 miles in 30 mins. 10 min miles
    I can go to a restaurant and not order wine while my husband orders an alcoholic beverage
    I can stay on track even if the scale is not being nice

100892.png

Lana
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    I could probably steal your girlfriend. ;)

I don't have one of those. You maybe interested in a wife that's crabby all the time? :huh:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I can eat what I want and drink what I want, for a WHOLE weekend and know that,come monday, I will be accountable to MFP friends and myself. I have never, ever, ever kept so accountalbe in my whole life. for the last month this has kept me in maintanence mode. And i'm so grateful I haven't gained!! I think we should all stick in the loss zone or the maintenance zone. The gain zone is not an option anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoorah!!

:bigsmile:
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    fit in booths at a restraunt
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can do a bootcamp with people less than half my age and not ever give up. I can do an hour of zumba then do a bootcamp-style class immediately afterward. Yeah, the scheduling stinks.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I can reach and grab something from the floorboard of my car while I'm buckled up without having to hold my breath or feel like my innerds are going to rupture on the pressure of my seatbelt.

yay me.

SO TRUE! I used to think it was normal to hold your breath while bent over tieing your shoes.
  • reneelee
    Options
    Sleeping less and jumping out of bed with out aches and pains.
    Watching football and not eating.
  • reneelee
    Options
    I can cross my legs without 'help'.
    I can be hungry - and it's OK!!

The first time I realised I could cross my legs by actually puting one leg on top of the other, that was awesome.

I have just started crossing my leggs too! The inner thighs used to get in the way and it hurt the poor fat thighs.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I can go up my stairs at a run and not be out of breath at the top
    I can put my jeans on with out having to take a break since I was tired
    I can take off said jeans with out unzipping or unbuttoning
    I don't have to buy wide calf boots and they can zip all the way with out pinching
  • reneelee
    Options
    I am really interested to see the responses.
    And I am excited to be able to answer this a couple months, 6 months, and a year down the road. (like fitting into certain clothes)
    I've just started this, but so far:

I can eat smaller portions!
    I can do jumping jacks
    I can do push ups
    I can say no thank you to pies, cakes and cookes; and still be a nice person -- no one will think I'm rude!
    I can walk to work,.
    I can catch my breath more quickly.
    I can eat a portion of crackers (not the whole sleeve) with my soup!
    (I'm a freak for the crunchy salty things, so this one is a lot tougher for me than the pie and cookies)

What can YOU do?
    Thanks for thinking about this, it is great to realize what I can do now that I couldn't do 35 pounds ago!
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nutella-

Used to be a " no no " in my house because i could not control myself-

Now - i'm looking at it- - yes i have it in my house- few jars to be exact- yes it's still tempting- but - i'm really able to say NO - i don't want it. And it's all about the way you think. As long as you keep thinkin" i can't have it " - than it's even more calling you but i'm saying " i don't want it ! " so i'm in charge - I can say NO to temptations, i can make myself drink water when i feel l ike eating sugary /chocolaty- stuff.. i can - that is the best i have learned in this past year.. just that simple " i can " .. this is my new attitude and i'm taking it with me to the new year - " yes, i can " ..
    Today i thought while looking into the mirror- - it is not a question " if i will reach my goal " - the only question is ' when i will reach it " but I WILL reach it - no matter how long it will take me - I CAN -

So that is what i can do now - what i couldn't do before- believe in myself.
  • MelliCheer
    Options
    I can say no to french fries !!!:happy:

I'm not quite there yet - but I can say "No" to the medium coke and big mac.
  • CCMLA
    CCMLA Posts: 19
    Options
    Nutella-

I can relate! I'm not confident enough yet to have the delicious Nutella in my house, but it is nice to know that it is possible! :)

Right now I have a box of Godiva truffles for the holidays that have not yet been opened... It's nice to be able to say "no" to temptation!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Nutella-

Now - i'm looking at it- - yes i have it in my house- few jars to be exact- yes it's still tempting- but - i'm really able to say NO - i don't want it. And it's all about the way you think. As long as you keep thinkin" i can't have it " - than it's even more calling you but i'm saying " i don't want it ! " so i'm in charge - I can say NO to temptations, i can make myself drink water when i feel l ike eating sugary /chocolaty- stuff.. i can - that is the best i have learned in this past year.. just that simple " i can " .. this is my new attitude and i'm taking it with me to the new year - " yes, i can " ..
    Today i thought while looking into the mirror- - it is not a question " if i will reach my goal " - the only question is ' when i will reach it " but I WILL reach it - no matter how long it will take me - I CAN -

So that is what i can do now - what i couldn't do before- believe in myself.

wow! That's excellent! And really what this is all about. I can and I will! Thanks!
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    I can say no when offered food I don't need.
    I can be active for more than a few minutes without getting exhausted.
    I can look at myself in the mirror and not be annoyed.
    I can buy healthy alternatives for food and like them. Except Tofu... still cant stomach the stuff... :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!