What can you do now that you couldn't do (or didn't think yo

Options

Replies

• pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    I can tie my shoes with little or no grunting and groaning.
    I can have fun over the weekend without alcohol (a biggie for me).
    I can spend an hour working out and actually enjoy it and look forward to the next time.
    I can walk past all the candy dishes at work without getting a piece from each one.
  • wetonia1
    wetonia1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP not too long ago and I am proud to say that it has encouraged me to make better choices in what I eat and also to start working out. I am now doing Zumba about once a week and other cardio at home 2-3 times a week even though I am at my heaviest I've ever been. I'm hoping that I will start to notice the results.

Everyone's comments on here are very inspiring and I hope to review these often to see what improvements everyone has made and I hope to add my own!! :smile:
  • Cbeth80
    Cbeth80 Posts: 49
    Options
    I can button all the buttons on my shirt without any gaps.
    I can resist going to fast food restaurants
    I can hold myself accountable for what goes into my mouth (thanks to MFP tracking...)
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I can jog a mile without stopping and dance the entire hour long Zumba class without stopping for a break! (other than a quick sip of water between songs). I never thought I'd be able to do that!! My next goal is a 5K!
  • sellingsworth
    Options
    I can pull my 18W jeans (the ones without elastic) down over my hips without unzipped or unbuttoning - I was pretty impressed with myself!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I can run 10k and feel fine at the end (6 months ago I nearly collapsed doing 10k), I HOPE I can run a half marathon, which I wouldn't have dreamed of 6 months ago!
    I can wear a size 10 (UK)
    I can do a plank for a full minute
    I can do press ups!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I can touch my toes!
    I can sit on the couch indian style!
    I can control myself with food and portion sizes!
    I can walk at a very brisk pace for MILES!
    I can now jog some, but I'm working on improving that!
    I can see my neck, LOL!

Great! Thanks for sharing, and can I just say WOW! great loss! Congratulations!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Lots of new posts on here today! Thanks everyone for sharing and congrats on your amazing accomplishments! I love this thread, love to see it pop up in my topics and come read these. Very, very inspiring!

Trying to think of something to add for myself and thinking there isn't anything... well that's just me being negative (or tired) which is not what this thread is about, so.....

I cam do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred levels 2 and 3 back to back. When I first got it I barely got through level one, and it took me weeks toove up levels!
  • foyboy
    foyboy Posts: 49
    Options
    Just got back from vacation, and was able to get up on waterskis - this was a goal I had for summer, but it came early.

It had been 25 years . . . btw, destroyed my entire upper body doing so, I'll be sidelined for a bit, but totally worth it!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Just got back from vacation, and was able to get up on waterskis - this was a goal I had for summer, but it came early.

It had been 25 years . . . btw, destroyed my entire upper body doing so, I'll be sidelined for a bit, but totally worth it!

What fun! A great accomplishment! I haven't been on wAter skis since I was a teenager (yup that was more than 25 years ago) wouldn't have thought to try it again! Way to go!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Got back from mexico a week ago. Played beach volleyaball everyday, never coudl have done that before. No extender belt on airplane either :-0
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can wear my seatbelt again, wear clothes I haven't been able to in Years! :)
    I can Tie my shoes without turning red. I can also do more things during "intimate" moments.lol
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I can do regular push ups. I am up to 21 now. Yesssss!!!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Outstanding
    I can do regular push ups. I am up to 21 now. Yesssss!!!
    [/quote]
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I go all day without getting sleepy and no longer feel like i need to nap.
    I can job a mile in 10 minutes which is pretty darn good for a smoker,that and when i started I couldnt walk a mile on the treadmill
    I can shave my legs standing up!!!!!!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I can eat mexican food without devouring all the lard coated refried beans and stop at 10 tortilla chips.
    I can get out and play catch with my son.
    I can get up and take care of my family without thinking...Oh God, I have to get up.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I walked in 2 5Ks this year! I never thought I would be able to do that!

I'm doing my 1st 5k walk this Saturday!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    cross my legs
  • edburg
    edburg Posts: 22
    Options
    I can run 1.5 mi non stop
    I can do a REAL push up
    I can do an INSANITY video without feeling like I'm gonna puke
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    Well, I can no longer wear any of my jeans - they are all too big!! lol

Also, i was able to walk up the huge hill behind my house (8 KM from the base to the top and back) under 90 minutes without taking a break!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!