What can you do now that you couldn't do (or didn't think yo

Options

Replies

• catmandoodle
    Options
    I can relate to most of the responses. I can add that I can almost run up my indoor stairs without holding the railing and I can get out of the arm chair under my own power ( without using my arms). I am also more active in general and just feel better with the food I am eating.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    A lot of these I can releate to, but the ones that made me the happies in the last year and a half are:
    I can do real push ups - was sooo happy when I didn't have to do them on my knees anymore.
    I can walk up to my third floor condo without being out of breath.
    I can go to the doctor without having an anxiety attack over getting on the scale
    I can put on a swim suit and again, not have an anxiety attack (still not overly comfortable though)
  • forewiz
    forewiz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    After 20 days of Power90 I can finally do one (1) pull-up.
    couldn't raise myself an inch when I started.
    That was the wake up call to start MFP

Some other minor victories
    I can do without red meat.
    I can eat fat free foods (milk/yogurt/cottage cheese) without a look of disgust on my face.
    I can fit into some 36 Levi's (still pushing for the old highschool 32's)
    I can wake up for a 5mile morning walk before the alarm goes off.
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    - I can run for an hour straght! Before running for 5 minutes was a real challenge.
    - Working out 5 days a week
    - Making healthy meals that even my boyfriend enjoys
    - Saying no to a free cup cake
    - Buying more fruits, veggies and whole grains
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I can walk a mile and a half if 25 minutes - after reading that someone can run 2.7, I'm inspired to keep working on that time.

I can sit in a room with a cake and not eat the whole thing.

I can know exactly what I did right or wrong in a day - or a week.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I can go to the gym without the feeling that everyone is looking at me.
    I can out exercise my husband.
    I can run a 5k in less than 40 minutes.
    I can eat whatever I want without having to tell myself that I am on a diet and can "not have that".
    I can face my friends and family knowing that I finally "did" lose some weight.
    I now look at the clock as I am leaving the gym and not every 5 minutes. I now stay for about an hour and a half.
    I only have to wear one bra to workout. (This is the best part)
    I can wear clothes or sizes that I have not worn in 6 years.
    I can say that I am wheat and flour free. (Still working on getting back to sugar free).
    i can say that I have my life back!
    :)
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I can "race" my son across the yard and not want to die afterward.
    I can eat healthy and not feel like I'm cheating myself.
    I can realize that this is a life-long lifestyle change and not just "get skinny quickly" scheme.
    I can meet my husbands friends and their wives and not be completely ashamed by how I look.
    I can get clothes out of the dryer without having to take a break because bending over is hard and it wears me out!

Most Importantly:
    I can feel that I am making healthy decisions for a healthy life! I honestly feel like I'm in better "shape" right now, at my weight, than I was at 17 and 125 lbs! I can do more physically now than I could then, too!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    such amazing, inspiring messages. It's important to recognize the success, no matter how small they may seem to others, because to us....they are HUGE milestones! I am in awe of your accomplishments. Well done.:drinker:

I totally agree!!!
    You all should be Very proud of your accomplishments thus way.....keep it up!
  • smilebhappy
    Options
    I can workout for MORE than one hour 3.5 ml/hr 6-10 incline and not feel tired....
    I can say no to fatty food...
    I am taking pictures again... :-)
    I DONT HAVE TO TAKE DIABETES MEDS......

This is an awesome achievment.....not having to take Diabetic meds any longer......Congrats!!:flowerforyou:
  • smilebhappy
    Options
    such amazing, inspiring messages. It's important to recognize the success, no matter how small they may seem to others, because to us....they are HUGE milestones! I am in awe of your accomplishments. Well done.:drinker:

I totally agree!!!
    You all should be Very proud of your accomplishments thus way.....keep it up!

I meant thus far lol
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I love this topic!!! I lo\ve a lot of the answers such as not losing breath easily and being able to bend over and not feeling like puking my stomach up.

For me some of the biggies are:

I can do yoga, rock climb, and complete an hour long zumba class

I am more adventerous in my intimacy with my husband

My butt is looking perky

Soreness from a good workout is enjoyable and feels like a reward rather than an annoying discomfort

I drink a ton of water and eat a ton of veggies because I crave it not because I HAVE to

My skin has cleared up

There are so many more items I'd like to put on this list but it's a great start- no complaints!

:wink: Love the More Adventurous part... nicely put... and me too (hadn't really realized I wasn't before)
  • scoboli
    scoboli Posts: 18
    Options
    1) I can pull my bend my knee and bring my foot up on the chair to tie the shoelaces without getting winded.
    2) I can fit in jeans that are 32's.
    3) I've gone from xxl shirts to large shirts. (Thats an accomplishment)
    4) I don't have the urge to eat at hamburger places anymore( I do eat Arbys roast beef here and there, but I won't eat hamburgers at fastfood places, after reading "Eat this! Not that!)
    5) I drink water all the time. (I don't have the urge to drink pop or soda.)
    6) I can run 5k's again. First time in 25 years. 2nd race is tomorrow. Im looking to beat 27 minutes this time.
    7) I can say I am only about 20 pounds from my goal weight.
    8) I am able to say that I am no longer on blood pressure medicine.

Its nice to be able to accomplish these. They may seem small, but to some of us they are mountaintops.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    1) I can put on socks without getting winded.
    2) Wear Calf length boots without the stretch thing. I've been wanting to do that since I was a teenager.
    3. No longer have to go to the back of the rack to find the highest sizes. Now I'm in the middle. XD
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    1) I can pull my bend my knee and bring my foot up on the chair to tie the shoelaces without getting winded.
    2) I can fit in jeans that are 32's.
    3) I've gone from xxl shirts to large shirts. (Thats an accomplishment)
    4) I don't have the urge to eat at hamburger places anymore( I do eat Arbys roast beef here and there, but I won't eat hamburgers at fastfood places, after reading "Eat this! Not that!)
    5) I drink water all the time. (I don't have the urge to drink pop or soda.)
    6) I can run 5k's again. First time in 25 years. 2nd race is tomorrow. Im looking to beat 27 minutes this time.
    7) I can say I am only about 20 pounds from my goal weight.
    8) I am able to say that I am no longer on blood pressure medicine.

Its nice to be able to accomplish these. They may seem small, but to some of us they are mountaintops.

Those are excellent accomplishments! Thanks for sharing your mountaintops. That's what this thread is all about!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I walked in 2 5Ks this year! I never thought I would be able to do that!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I can do regular pushups (not many, but I can do them).

I can jog for a mile without stopping.

I can be honest about what I'm eating. Even logged those 1100 calorie movie nachos that put me over on my daily cals.
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can ride any roller coaster ride and not feel apprehensive about securing myself in the sit. So the attendant doesn't have to politely tell me I have to leave. *I have been put off a ride before for not fitting* Funny thing about this is, I've been wanting to ride roller coasters for so long, now I have to take Dramamine (motion sickness pills) just so I can ride them, lolol

I can go into other stores besides Lane Bryant and Avenue to find clothes

I can fit in booths at restaurants and comfortabley sit in theater chairs
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can touch my toes!
    I can sit on the couch indian style!
    I can control myself with food and portion sizes!
    I can walk at a very brisk pace for MILES!
    I can now jog some, but I'm working on improving that!
    I can see my neck, LOL!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I can do jumping jacks! tried the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and couldn't do the jumping jacks. I had to keep stopping. I did the 30 day shred yesterday and could do all of the jumping jacks and didn't have to stop!

I can say no to someone offering me food.

I haven't had fast food in 3 months.

I am on week 3 of the c25k
  • Soupskin
    Soupskin Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can tie my shoes without having to hold my breath.

I can also tuck in on my motorcycle much easier and I'm getting better gas mileage too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!