How Many Tattoos Do You Have & What's Your Fav? Show Us :)

Options

Replies

• _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I've not had anything that 1. I would want on my body for the rest of my life and 2. won't look like crap when I'm 80. All the holes in my body are ones I was born with.

1. Thanks for your useless input 2. You're a douche.

4 so far-favorite is carpe fatum on the inside of my left bicep in the artists calligraphy. Will eventually have a half sleeve there :)

reported. Thanks for the personal attack. Have a snickers....You're not yourself when you're hangry.

Wait. So you can basically talk about your orifices and you're reporting people?
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I've not had anything that 1. I would want on my body for the rest of my life and 2. won't look like crap when I'm 80. All the holes in my body are ones I was born with.

4 so far-favorite is carpe fatum on the inside of my left bicep in the artists calligraphy. Will eventually have a half sleeve there :)

reported. Thanks for the personal attack. Have a snickers....You're not yourself when you're hangry.

tumblr_mt9nbuwnTJ1qzb0mbo1_400.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have four, the first was a butterfly on my hip, 2nd was a large Hebrew writing saying "Family" vertically written down the left side of my back, #3 was a gorgeous Dove with "Peace" written below at the nape of my neck , and my absolute favorite on my upper back is 1 Corinthians 13:13

There are these three things that will Endure -- Faith, Hope, and Love -- and the Greatest of these is Love. :heart:

Then "GOD" and the names of my four children and two Grandchildren written below. Will add to it with each one to come :smile:

Piercings: ears (double), nose and getting a Monroe next week :happy:

Interesting....not judging....just asking. How do you interpret Leviticus 19:28? "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."
  • _Lovely77_
    Options

tumblr_mt9nbuwnTJ1qzb0mbo1_400.gif

I just spit out my coffee
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

Wait. So you can basically talk about your orifices and you're reporting people?

I simply said I did not have any piercings. ears, eyes, nose etc have always been there.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    None
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options

no thanks, denying snickers is the reason why I look like my profile pic and not yours.
  • MINDyourMOXIE
    MINDyourMOXIE Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    One on the inside of my left wrist. It has a lot of symbolism for me... Sorry for the size. This was when it was just done in 12/2013 :)

1531709_10201168718281652_1207629056_n.jpg?oh=56f544b7677993b7a3a5abbef7a7d11e&oe=545BD40E&__gda__=1417554900_b6ad8e8634a3227dd3a7b74ae5ff1aed
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

OOOOH SOOO COOOLLLLL

i think people who decide against having a tattoo have every right to decide not to get one, regardless of the reasoning. If they said that a tree fairy whispered in their ear to not get one, that would be fine with me.

I don't understand the hostility. He didn't say anything about people who have them.

Full disclosure - I have ink
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I have four, the first was a butterfly on my hip, 2nd was a large Hebrew writing saying "Family" vertically written down the left side of my back, #3 was a gorgeous Dove with "Peace" written below at the nape of my neck , and my absolute favorite on my upper back is 1 Corinthians 13:13

There are these three things that will Endure -- Faith, Hope, and Love -- and the Greatest of these is Love. :heart:

Then "GOD" and the names of my four children and two Grandchildren written below. Will add to it with each one to come :smile:

Interesting....not judging....just asking. How do you interpret Leviticus 19:28? "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."

WOW!!!! Really going there? :ohwell:
  • Leora11
    Leora11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Only one tattoo. A blue lotus flower on my ankle and I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything else.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm too much of a wuss for piercings, but my ears are stretched to a 0G...they were 1/2inch but they made my mom cry so I dropped them down because I'm happy with a0G and I'll just get more ink instead.

I have Eight? Yeah. Eight.

Pokeball behind my left ear
    Rebel alliance symbol (Star Wars) right wrist and Imperial Navy (also SW) on left
    Razor Blades and the words "Love Life" above my heart.
    Peanuts comic panel lower side of left leg
    Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy left thigh
    Lightsabers and a yoda quote right calf
    Leaves and "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar" right shoulder.

I'm going on Sunday (EEEK TWO DAYS) to start my right arm sleeve. (It will have elements of Fox and Hound, Lilo and Stitch, Ratatouille, Peter Pan, Up!, and How to Train your Dragon).

My favorite? The razor blades because it's the most profound and it was my first. I LOVE all of them though and in the five years since I got the first one I've had no cause for regrets.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

WOW!!!! Really going there? :ohwell:

I was simply asking. Not trying to start drama or cause a fight/issue. You quoted scripture in your post. I was just curious.
  • wolverine66
    Options

no thanks, denying snickers is the reason why I look like my profile pic and not yours.

aceventurathumbsup.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

OOOOH SOOO COOOLLLLL

i think people who decide against having a tattoo have every right to decide not to get one, regardless of the reasoning. If they said that a tree fairy whispered in their ear to not get one, that would be fine with me.

I don't understand the hostility. He didn't say anything about people who have them.

Full disclosure - I have ink

Thank you. I have no issue with other people having tattoos. It is their own body and people should do what they want. I was simply answering the question "How many tattoos do you have?" and giving an explanation of why.
  • _Lovely77_
    Options

The word tattoo is newly added. It was do not place any marks on your body, tattoo is the modern day wording of that scripture and it's very well left up to perception of what that scripture means. I'm also sure that the Bible talks about asking for forgiveness. Also keep in mind, not everyone believes as you do, it also says not to judge as I am sure you're no angel and need forgiveness just like the rest of the world. You know, since we are all born into sin, however, knowing the history of the Egyptians, Moses who was a prophet likely had tattoos and piercings himself as he was raised an Egyptian.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

DYELB?
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

The word tattoo is newly added. It was do not place any marks on your body, tattoo is the modern day wording of that scripture and it's very well left up to perception of what that scripture means. I'm also sure that the Bible talks about asking for forgiveness. Also keep in mind, not everyone believes as you do, it also says not to judge as I am sure you're no angel and need forgiveness just like the rest of the world. You know, since we are all born into sin, however, knowing the history of the Egyptians, Moses who was a prophet likely had tattoos and piercings himself as he was raised an Egyptian.

I haven't judged anyone. Reading comprehension is your friend.
  • changingL1sa
    changingL1sa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I only have one. I got it in memory of my best friend who took her own life. Every time I see it I think of her :) Sorry the pic is so big, new to posting pictures.

IMG_0465_zpsc5b7279d.jpg
  • wolverine66
    Options

From what I can tell, he didn't say he believed a certain way. He noticed that the OP quoted scripture and asked about another verse in the Bible and how the OP, who obviously is religious and values the scripture, about her interpretation of a verse that seemingly goes against the act.

It seemed like a good question to me.

This thread is getting touchy.