How Many Tattoos Do You Have & What's Your Fav? Show Us :)

Options

Replies

• mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think I have 15? Chinese kanji on the back of my neck, angel and devil on opposing shoulder blades, my friend Sandy's name who passed away from AIDS complications, Redskins memorial from my BIL that passed away, Celtic mother's knot, international breastfeeding logo, partial sleeve with my mom's fave flower and my kid's birth flowers, a large tribal butterfly on my hip, a frog on my left ankle, a lizard on my left foot, my kids birth signs and names, a lace star for the baby I miscarried last year, the word "faith", a dolphin, and that's it for now. I don't know how to post pics, or I'd show you them all.
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    as of late ive been mulling the possibility of getting a maple leaf somewhere, maybe shoulder blade or the back of my calf. not sure though

no present tattoos or piercings

Back of the calf = You're in for a treat :smile:

My back of the calf one wasn't too bad. Until the white was put in. And it got up behind my knee. Owch. That was brutal.
    huh, i wouldve though the calf would be one of the one that would hurt the least. thats not why i said there though, if im gonna get one itll be somewhere it can be hidden in a professional environment

I've heard its different for everyone, I have some in places that have made people cringe before, and I felt nothing... front of both shins for instance. The guy tattooing me there couldn't believe i didn't flinch. But it was ALL I could do to sit through the ones on my calves...
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I've not had anything that 1. I would want on my body for the rest of my life and 2. won't look like crap when I'm 80. All the holes in my body are ones I was born with.

OOOOH SOOO COOOLLLLL

i think people who decide against having a tattoo have every right to decide not to get one, regardless of the reasoning. If they said that a tree fairy whispered in their ear to not get one, that would be fine with me.

I don't understand the hostility. He didn't say anything about people who have them.

Full disclosure - I have ink

I think people are reacting with hostility because he came onto a message board, specifically about tattoos, and gave a negative reaction to them. Including a comment that says they look "like crap" when you're older to a bunch of people who have tattoos.

It was just his opinion, and he's entitled to it. And he did specify that they look like crap when HE'S 80. He probably could have put it more delicately. Considering the convo he joined, he did kinda ask for it.

That being said I have 2! My favorite isn't actually finished yet. Its roses trailing from my stomach/hip up my ribs, not symbolic for me. Just pretty. Piercings- I have my ears, industrial, nose, tongue and Christina done.

I see no negative comments about tattoos in general in his comments. He simply stated that he has not found a design that he wanted to make permanent (we see many folks who have tattoos that they later regret), or a design that would not withstand the ravages of time (think eagle on breasts that then get stretched out at breasts relent to gravity. RIP Robin Williams) and then stated that he has no piercings. The negativity appears to be assigned by the reader.

That being said, I have one tattoo on my hip. It is a Native American design drawn by my college roommate with personal symbolic additions. I let my ear close.
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think I have 15? Chinese kanji on the back of my neck, angel and devil on opposing shoulder blades, my friend Sandy's name who passed away from AIDS complications, Redskins memorial from my BIL that passed away, Celtic mother's knot, international breastfeeding logo, partial sleeve with my mom's fave flower and my kid's birth flowers, a large tribal butterfly on my hip, a frog on my left ankle, a lizard on my left foot, my kids birth signs and names, a lace star for the baby I miscarried last year, the word "faith", a dolphin, and that's it for now. I don't know how to post pics, or I'd show you them all.
    Oh yeah, and the words "live, laugh, love" around my wrist with a little peace symbol, a heart, and a smiley. I also used to have my left ear pierced 6 times, my right ear 3, my left eyebrow, my tongue, and my nipples. Took out all my piercings with my first pregnancy.
  • MichaelDByers
    Options
    Just one tat on my upper left arm (no pic, sorry). It's the Ford Mustang emblem, i.e. the Mustang with the three colored, vertical bars. As you might have guessed, I'm a Mustang nut.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    OKAY Then!!! Can't we just all get along? :tongue:
    Geesh! Didn't mean to cause all of this trouble :ohwell:

Isn't it a Lovely Day Today?
    Make it Beautiful my Beautiful Peoples!!! :bigsmile: :heart:
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    as of late ive been mulling the possibility of getting a maple leaf somewhere, maybe shoulder blade or the back of my calf. not sure though

no present tattoos or piercings

Back of the calf = You're in for a treat :smile:

My back of the calf one wasn't too bad. Until the white was put in. And it got up behind my knee. Owch. That was brutal.

For me, the back of the calf was brutal... Got a large Sailor Jerry pinup on each in one sitting(8 hours) Out of all thirteen, including half a sleeve and a massive chest piece, the back of the calves were BY FAR the worst... But they say the pain is different for everyone...

Good point. I could also be remembering incorrectly because it was a long time ago and my thigh piece was much more recent and I thought much more painful. It was also a really weird position to sit in for that many hours.

I'm starting my sleeve soon and I'm concerned about the elbow area?

I do tend to be more tender in the legs than anywhere else... so maybe that was it... but those were the only ones i considered not having finished due to the pain... and the only ones that brought tears to my eyes...

And as far as the elbow goes, my half sleeve ended at the fatty part right above the elbow. I did that on purpose to avoid the boney part of the elbow... I've heard it's killer...
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    This is my current favorite tattoo. It's the devil's hand on the side of my right thigh, and the "13" stands for Friday the 13th.

5p3dcp.jpg
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    2 tats - had 9 piercings at one point.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    OKAY Then!!! Can't we just all get along? :tongue:
    Geesh! Didn't mean to cause all of this trouble :ohwell:

Isn't it a Lovely Day Today?
    Make it Beautiful my Beautiful Peoples!!! :bigsmile: :heart:

Agreed...bringing good vibes. I apologize for the hostility earlier.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    How the hell do you put pictures in threads? I tried to upload one of my tattoos and the image won't show :/

EDIT: Ignore this post I fixed it!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    This is my current favorite tattoo. It's the devil's hand on the side of my right thigh, and the "13" stands for Friday the 13th.

[img]http://tinypic.com?ref=5p3dcp" target="_blank"[/img]
  • TrevorJ76
    Options
    1039504_10153002972610455_1561781554_o.jpg
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I wish I had listened to people who said tattoos age badly, this was me back in the day

sexy-tattoo-girl-04743.jpg

and this is me now

6812.jpg
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I've not had anything that 1. I would want on my body for the rest of my life and 2. won't look like crap when I'm 80. All the holes in my body are ones I was born with.

OOOOH SOOO COOOLLLLL

i think people who decide against having a tattoo have every right to decide not to get one, regardless of the reasoning. If they said that a tree fairy whispered in their ear to not get one, that would be fine with me.

I don't understand the hostility. He didn't say anything about people who have them.

Full disclosure - I have ink

I think people are reacting with hostility because he came onto a message board, specifically about tattoos, and gave a negative reaction to them. Including a comment that says they look "like crap" when you're older to a bunch of people who have tattoos.

It was just his opinion, and he's entitled to it. And he did specify that they look like crap when HE'S 80. He probably could have put it more delicately. Considering the convo he joined, he did kinda ask for it.

That being said I have 2! My favorite isn't actually finished yet. Its roses trailing from my stomach/hip up my ribs, not symbolic for me. Just pretty. Piercings- I have my ears, industrial, nose, tongue and Christina done.

he really didn't.

people assigned malicious intent and meaning to innocuous statements made for himself.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I wish I had listened to people who said tattoos age badly, this was me back in the day

sexy-tattoo-girl-04743.jpg

and this is me now

6812.jpg

LOL! :laugh:

I don't know about Ya'll, but I plan on be a Hottie when I'm old! :tongue:

(And anyone that calls me old now is gonna loose all of their limbs!) :wink:
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I am being too lazy to add my photo of my fav tat but as I said it is a quote, proverbs actually but it says

"She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future"

I got it because my mother had gone through cancer 3 times and as a result, I ended up with severe anxiety, I was very young when she had her first stint of cancer, it was right after I was born, then again when I was 13 and lastly just 2 years ago when I was 24. So, I had literally been around cancer and it's affects on the body as well as the treatment affects my entire life. I watched her go through all this and still remain hopeful and strong as a single mother, so I got the tattoo to remind myself that cancer and any other illness doesn't determine your quality of life nor do we have an expiration date stamped on us and a means to celebrate my mother's victories. When it's time to go, it's time to go and we can't control that so live your life and not fear it.

Sorry for the novel, it's just a very special tattoo
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I am being too lazy to add my photo of my fav tat but as I said it is a quote, proverbs actually but it says

"She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future"

I got it because my mother had gone through cancer 3 times and as a result, I ended up with severe anxiety, I was very young when she had her first stint of cancer, it was right after I was born, then again when I was 13 and lastly just 2 years ago when I was 24. So, I had literally been around cancer and it's affects on the body as well as the treatment affects my entire life. I watched her go through all this and still remain hopeful and strong as a single mother, so I got the tattoo to remind myself that cancer and any other illness doesn't determine your quality of life nor do we have an expiration date stamped on us and a means to celebrate my mother's victories. When it's time to go, it's time to go and we can't control that so live your life and not fear it.

Sorry for the novel, it's just a very special tattoo
    Great quote given the circumstances you have dealt with. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    LOL, the trolling is strong on this thread. I currently only have the one tattoo (no good pics unfortunately), but plan for two more. No piercings, my skin doesn't react well to metal :grumble: .

I'm agnostic so my typical response to someone lecturing me with scripture about my choices might be less than civil depending on circumstances, but when it comes to tattoos my personal favorite response is that I'm not desecrating, but decorating.