How Many Tattoos Do You Have & What's Your Fav? Show Us :)

Options

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've not had anything that 1. I would want on my body for the rest of my life and 2. won't look like crap when I'm 80. All the holes in my body are ones I was born with.

OOOOH SOOO COOOLLLLL

i think people who decide against having a tattoo have every right to decide not to get one, regardless of the reasoning. If they said that a tree fairy whispered in their ear to not get one, that would be fine with me.

I don't understand the hostility. He didn't say anything about people who have them.

Full disclosure - I have ink

I agree.

I can, however, understand the knee jerk reaction of being defensive when someone makes an anti-tattoo type comment. Having ink is still a minority (Something under 15% of the population of my country) and some of us are used to getting crap about our decisions.
    Not advocating jumping to conclusions, however. I have ink and I'm proud but I accept that MOST people don't, don't want it, or don't like it. Hell my own mother alternatingly cries or swears every time she finds out I got a new one. It's apparently a volitile subject.
  • Leora11
    Leora11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have four, the first was a butterfly on my hip, 2nd was a large Hebrew writing saying "Family" vertically written down the left side of my back, #3 was a gorgeous Dove with "Peace" written below at the nape of my neck , and my absolute favorite on my upper back is 1 Corinthians 13:13

There are these three things that will Endure -- Faith, Hope, and Love -- and the Greatest of these is Love. :heart:

Then "GOD" and the names of my four children and two Grandchildren written below. Will add to it with each one to come :smile:

Piercings: ears (double), nose and getting a Monroe next week :happy:

Interesting....not judging....just asking. How do you interpret Leviticus 19:28? "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."

WOW!!!! Really going there? :ohwell:

I think most people who are religious and have tattoos don't feel like it's seriously violating the rules, if at all. I'm Jewish and I've never felt that tattoos are that big of a deal. As long as you're a good person and treat others right, the rest doesn't really matter much. If G-d is forgiving and just, a little ink isn't such a big deal.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've not had anything that 1. I would want on my body for the rest of my life and 2. won't look like crap when I'm 80. All the holes in my body are ones I was born with.

1. Thanks for your useless input 2. You're a douche.

4 so far-favorite is carpe fatum on the inside of my left bicep in the artists calligraphy. Will eventually have a half sleeve there :)

reported. Thanks for the personal attack. Have a snickers....You're not yourself when you're hangry.

no thanks, denying snickers is the reason why I look like my profile pic and not yours.

DYELB?

Your childish passive aggressive behavior is getting annoying. Maybe I should report you for the personal attack against me being in better shape than you. Sorry I'm not sorry I can show self control.
  • aricbramlett
    aricbramlett Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your scripture is from the Old Testament, hers is from the New. Many Christians believe that the laws given in the Old were given as a way of life during that time, and the laws/commandments of the New are the ones to follow. It is the same argument why we don’t stone our disrespectful children anymore.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I have four, the first was a butterfly on my hip, 2nd was a large Hebrew writing saying "Family" vertically written down the left side of my back, #3 was a gorgeous Dove with "Peace" written below at the nape of my neck , and my absolute favorite on my upper back is 1 Corinthians 13:13

There are these three things that will Endure -- Faith, Hope, and Love -- and the Greatest of these is Love. :heart:

Then "GOD" and the names of my four children and two Grandchildren written below. Will add to it with each one to come :smile:

Interesting....not judging....just asking. How do you interpret Leviticus 19:28? "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."

WOW!!!! Really going there? :ohwell:

I was simply asking. Not trying to start drama or cause a fight/issue. You quoted scripture in your post. I was just curious.

"This prohibition probably refers only to the common ancient Near Eastern practice of branding a slave with its owner’s name as well as branding the devotees of a god with its name."

Sounds like Judgement to me! Matthew 7:1 “Judge not, that you be not judged"

(This was not to be a Topic of controversy & Judgment!):frown:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

1. Thanks for your useless input 2. You're a douche.

4 so far-favorite is carpe fatum on the inside of my left bicep in the artists calligraphy. Will eventually have a half sleeve there :)

reported. Thanks for the personal attack. Have a snickers....You're not yourself when you're hangry.

no thanks, denying snickers is the reason why I look like my profile pic and not yours.

DYELB?

Your childish passive aggressive behavior is getting annoying. Maybe I should report you for the personal attack against me being in better shape than you. Sorry I'm not sorry I can show self control.

You are jealous of my big lollipop? I get it. Have a good day.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    ugh. tattoos are trashy and meant for convicts.

good luck getting a job!

ew.
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options

The word tattoo is newly added. It was do not place any marks on your body, tattoo is the modern day wording of that scripture and it's very well left up to perception of what that scripture means. I'm also sure that the Bible talks about asking for forgiveness. Also keep in mind, not everyone believes as you do, it also says not to judge as I am sure you're no angel and need forgiveness just like the rest of the world. You know, since we are all born into sin, however, knowing the history of the Egyptians, Moses who was a prophet likely had tattoos and piercings himself as he was raised an Egyptian.

I haven't judged anyone. Reading comprehension is your friend.

My reading comprehension is just fine. The fact that you threw out a scripture to prove a point, which is why tattoos are bad, is judging others. You may not have said it but you certainly implied it, other wise you wouldn't have felt the need to use a religious scripture that you obviously believe in. Your whole, I was only asking comment is crap as that's just a means to get your judgment of others across while maintaining the "I am not trying to start drama" stance. If you weren't then you would have answered the OP's question and not have added anything. She asked how many do you have, not whether you like them or not and she definitely didn't ask why you didn't get any.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't have a picture of my tattoo at the moment, and I'm getting a new one on Monday, but the one I have right now is so special to me.
    It's a breast cancer ribbon with angel wings and a halo with "Mom" above it and her date of birth and the date she passed on it.
    I got it with her best friend, who is basically my second mom the summer she passed.
    Anytime anyone asks me about it, I love explaining it. I love my mom, and I miss her. But she's in such a better place now and I got a permanent reminder on my body of the struggle she endured for my brother, my dad, and me.
    <3
  • bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Seriously, why do people have to poop on other peoples enjoyment. Not EVERYTHING in your head need to come out the hole in the front.

For the others in this thread. I have no tattoos at all and likely never will. It's a fear of needles and pain thing. I am however fascinated by them and I've seen some gorgeous and creative art in form of a tat.

Thanks for sharing your tats. They're all so very cool. :)
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    A grand total of zero :happy:

My car carries whatever is special to me
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

OOOOH SOOO COOOLLLLL

i think people who decide against having a tattoo have every right to decide not to get one, regardless of the reasoning. If they said that a tree fairy whispered in their ear to not get one, that would be fine with me.

I don't understand the hostility. He didn't say anything about people who have them.

Full disclosure - I have ink

I agree.

I can, however, understand the knee jerk reaction of being defensive when someone makes an anti-tattoo type comment. Having ink is still a minority (Something under 15% of the population of my country) and some of us are used to getting crap about our decisions.
    Not advocating jumping to conclusions, however. I have ink and I'm proud but I accept that MOST people don't, don't want it, or don't like it. Hell my own mother alternatingly cries or swears every time she finds out I got a new one. It's apparently a volitile subject.

I guess I didn't realize how volatile. I mean, jumping over someone who doesn't have a tattoo for simply saying he/she hasn't found anything they want on their body forever seems just as bad as someone making judgement on someone who gets ink.

I guess I just never get how someone making a personal decision for themselves that doesn't effect anyone (like whether or not to get a tattoo) ignites such vitriol.
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options

Since you went there, Leviticus 19:27 says not to cut your beard, yet you appear to be clean shaven. OMG...
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    as of late ive been mulling the possibility of getting a maple leaf somewhere, maybe shoulder blade or the back of my calf. not sure though

no present tattoos or piercings

Back of the calf = You're in for a treat :smile:
  • deadeyeab
    deadeyeab Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Tattoo's are personal. They usually have a special meaning to the person with the tattoo and/or they are just plain great looking pieces of art you display on your body rather than hanging on your wall. If you like the tattoo then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it.

My wife and I once created and ran our own ice cream parlour as a "hobby". One of our biggest selling flavours at the time was "Tiger Tiger" ice cream. We were in Ottawa one day and decided to each get a tattoo. After looking at the numerous different tattoos that were available we decided to each get one of a Tiger to celebrate our ice cream parlour. My wife got a tattoo of a baby Tiger on her right ankle while I got an adult Tiger on my right upper arm.

Although we have since sold the ice cream parlour I still love my tattoo. When I get old and wrinkly my Tiger likely will have faded and gained some wrinkles as well. However, I will always feel the same way about it and will never regret having got it.

So....I digressed there a little.....one tattoo but wished I had more.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Just one:
    361dee30-44e8-4136-a97a-080389ebd862_zps56e4a61d.jpg

As for piercings, I have one hole in each earlobe plus an extra in my left lobe which is larger and a completely different shape than my right.
  • deadeyeab
    deadeyeab Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Tattoo's are personal. They usually have a special meaning to the person with the tattoo and/or they are just plain great looking pieces of art you display on your body rather than hanging on your wall. If you like the tattoo then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it.

My wife and I once created and ran our own ice cream parlour as kind of a "hobby". One of our biggest selling flavours at the time was "Tiger Tiger" ice cream. We were in Ottawa one day and decided to each get a tattoo. After looking at the numerous different tattoos that were available we decided to each get one of a Tiger to celebrate our ice cream parlour. My wife got a tattoo of a baby Tiger on her right ankle while I got an adult Tiger on my right upper arm.

Although we have since sold the ice cream parlour I still love my tattoo. When I get old and wrinkly my Tiger likely will have faded and gained some wrinkles as well. However, I will always feel the same way about it and will never regret having got it.

So....I digressed there a little.....one tattoo but wished I had more.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

The word tattoo is newly added. It was do not place any marks on your body, tattoo is the modern day wording of that scripture and it's very well left up to perception of what that scripture means. I'm also sure that the Bible talks about asking for forgiveness. Also keep in mind, not everyone believes as you do, it also says not to judge as I am sure you're no angel and need forgiveness just like the rest of the world. You know, since we are all born into sin, however, knowing the history of the Egyptians, Moses who was a prophet likely had tattoos and piercings himself as he was raised an Egyptian.

I haven't judged anyone. Reading comprehension is your friend.

My reading comprehension is just fine. The fact that you threw out a scripture to prove a point, which is why tattoos are bad, is judging others. You may not have said it but you certainly implied it, other wise you wouldn't have felt the need to use a religious scripture that you obviously believe in. Your whole, I was only asking comment is crap as that's just a means to get your judgment of others across while maintaining the "I am not trying to start drama" stance. If you weren't then you would have answered the OP's question and not have added anything. She asked how many do you have, not whether you like them or not and she definitely didn't ask why you didn't get any.

Feel free to go back and read it again. The poster that I quoted quoted scripture. I quoted another scripture that in some ways seemed to conflict as a discussion point and to determine if they felt different about it. I got a great response about old vs new testament.....feel free to scroll up and read it. I'm not going to quote it all here. How many do I have.....0.....She also didn't ask for people to describe them all, or tell back stories about them....Simply how many? favorite? pics. I am not the only one who deviated from what was originally asked.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm too much of a wuss for piercings, but my ears are stretched to a 0G...they were 1/2inch but they made my mom cry so I dropped them down because I'm happy with a0G and I'll just get more ink instead.

I have Eight? Yeah. Eight.

Pokeball behind my left ear
    Rebel alliance symbol (Star Wars) right wrist and Imperial Navy (also SW) on left
    Razor Blades and the words "Love Life" above my heart.
    Peanuts comic panel lower side of left leg
    Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy left thigh
    Lightsabers and a yoda quote right calf
    Leaves and "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar" right shoulder.

I'm going on Sunday (EEEK TWO DAYS) to start my right arm sleeve. (It will have elements of Fox and Hound, Lilo and Stitch, Ratatouille, Peter Pan, Up!, and How to Train your Dragon).

My favorite? The razor blades because it's the most profound and it was my first. I LOVE all of them though and in the five years since I got the first one I've had no cause for regrets.
    I can't wait to start my sleeve so I can only imagine how you feel!

I have 4 tattoos, and 8 piercings. My ears are stretched to a 6 right now, and I only plan on going to a 2.
    I have my dad's writing on my wrist, a giant pin-up girl on my thigh, then a skull on one ankle and a traditional flower on the other.
    I don't doubt that my whole body will be covered one day.

Edited for spelling.