Hugh Jackman Deadlifts 400 pounds

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

I will, when you tell me in the real world where you need visible abs! :wink:

Hmmm.....:huh: :huh:

Is that a body shame??

I choose to have abs, because I want too....

Now I am upping my calories, so they will most likely go away.....

But for me and my abs....maybe I just like to excel somewhere in my life.....I see plenty of ppl walking around without shirts and no abs.....so that seems easy enough.

huh? Can you reread in context please.

maybe.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Is that a body shame??

But for me and my abs....maybe I just like to excel somewhere in my life.....I see plenty of ppl walking around without shirts and no abs.....so that seems easy enough.

maybe.

Please do, as you accusing me of body shaming based on my comment that there is no real life reason to need visible abs, but people want them is rather baffling.

There was no underlying nefarious reason for my response to DavPul, especially that of body shaming, which for anyone who knows me or has seen my posts, I would also imagine would be baffled.
  • MityMax96
    Options

Is that a body shame??

maybe.

Please do, as you accusing me of body shaming based on my comment that there is no real life reason to need visible abs, but people want them is rather baffling.

There was no underlying nefarious reason for my response to DavPul, especially that of body shaming, which for anyone who knows me or has seen my posts, I would also imagine would be baffled.

Then I apologize.
    I misread your post....

I have just had another user on here make a comment regarding me and my shirtless pics.....

So again, I misread you and I apologize.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Someone please tell me when I'm going to have the opportunity to use my 500 pound grip strength in the real world. What world are you folks living in where you need to grip 200+ pounds? Is it a Flintstones couch?

Why did I train with straps? WHY??? :tongue:
    cliffhanger-scene-o.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Is that a body shame??

maybe.

Then I apologize.
    I misread your post....

I have just had another user on here make a comment regarding my and shirtless pics.....

So again, I misread you and I apologize.

No worries and thank you for the apology.

And...I have no issue with your shirtless pic fwiw :tongue: or with people using straps for that matter.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    No worries and thank you for the apology.

And...I have no issue with your shirtless pic fwiw :tongue: or with people using straps for that matter.

Rgr that.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    See, someone gets it!

That's what happens when you use petzl!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Is that a body shame??

maybe.

All you meant is what is the point of having washboard visible abs. Your right there is no need it is a want.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Someone please tell me when I'm going to have the opportunity to use my 500 pound grip strength in the real world. What world are you folks living in where you need to grip 200+ pounds? Is it a Flintstones couch?

cliffhanger-scene-o.gif

in all fairness though....
    It is the gloves fault....and hers for wearing them....
    Not him using straps.....
    You can clearly see he still had the glove firmly gripped.

Just sayin.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    IT WAS ALL STALLONE'S FAULT

brb, gonna hold a grudge against my fellow rescue climber for the next 5 years for....some reason that will never be clear no matter how many times i watch that classic
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Is that a body shame??

maybe.

All you meant is what is the point of having washboard visible abs. Your right there is no need it is a want.

It's all cool - he just misread my comment.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

cliffhanger-scene-o.gif

in all fairness though....
    It is the gloves fault....and hers for wearing them....
    Not him using straps.....

Just sayin.

THEY DIDN"T EVEN MATCH HER CARGO BACKPACK. she got what she deserved
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    IT WAS ALL STALLONE'S FAULT

brb, gonna hold a grudge against my fellow rescue climber for the next 5 years for....some reason that will never be clear no matter how many times i watch that classic

I did not get that either. I also am not sure why I actually like the film,,,but I did.

However, let's not sabotage this thread with Sly.....it should be about Hugh.......
  • dbmata
    Options
    So legit question.

Why is a belt ok?
    But straps aren't?

Don't both provide aid in a lift?

Are wrist wraps ok?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So legit question.

Why is a belt ok?
    But straps aren't?

Are wrist wraps ok?

Do you need them? NO
    I used to use a belt for squats. I do not anymore. Wrist wraps I do not use either. What I do want to test is the girl on your lap bench press?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Let me say this regarding washboard abs.....

Yes it is a want.....
    I also want to be about 200 lbs and 8% BF.....
    But my frame will not hold that or is capable of it....within the natural world.

So if I can have washboard abs, while 90% or so of the population does not....then hell yes, I will work my *kitten* off to get them.....

As I said before, I don't excel in many areas in or out of the gym.....
    So if this is one area where I can, then I will.....

I have a small frame (small chest, shoulders, back, especially legs)
    weak lifts
    and crappy joints.

So I work and discipline myself to get abs, because I want them.....

I mean why are any of us in the gym pushing iron around anyways???
    We don't have too.
    We want too, because we want something out of it
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Yes it is a want....

You're damn right it's a want.

Seriously- wtf is going on here people- MORE ABS- more GIFS AND MORE PICTURES!!!
  • dbmata
    Options
    So legit question.

Why is a belt ok?
    But straps aren't?

Are wrist wraps ok?

Do you need them? NO
    I used to use a belt for squats. I do not anymore. Wrist wraps I do not use either. What I do want to test is the girl on your lap bench press?

Pants off.

Pre or post dance off?
  • MityMax96
    Options

Yes it is a want....

You're damn right it's a want.

Seriously- wtf is going on here people- MORE ABS- more GIFS AND MORE PICTURES!!!

Sorry but for me right now, my want for abs is in conflict with my want for size.....so til Feb, I guess abs get the back seat......:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    He's absolutely natty. The guy doesn't have a six pack. You know a guy is using roids when he is massive AND he is shredded (i.e. body builders). That's a great accomplishment for any age and it is very attainable for people who don't use steroids.

Wait, really? You really believe that ??