NO MORE EXCUSES JANUARY, LOSE 10+ LBS!

Options

Replies

• Samantha76
    Samantha76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bad day today, teenagers, man they can sure stress you out. I even ate wendy's tonight for supper, havent done that in awhile, didnt bother to track the calories today. But tomorrow is a new day, and I will get back on track. I am determined to make this goal this month, one bad day can't make that much of a difference, can it?
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hi everyone! Answers to the chart questions. I will post the chart in this forum. I will post it on Mondays instead of Sundays so that we can make sure I didn't forget anyone. I want everyone to do practice something this week. Ask yourself these questions in your mind, you do not need to answer these questions in the forum:

1. If you only had one house would you give it away (not sell, give away)?: Answer is No
    2. If you won the lottery would you give the 5 million dollars away?: Answer is No
    3. Do you love the size jeans you wear right now? Answer is No (I'm assuming no one likes their jeans size thats why were in this group losing weight)
    4. Do you want to weigh what you weigh today for this summer? Answer is No
    5. This week when that little voice in your head tells you to sabatoge your diet, eat back your calories, and say no to exercise...what are you going to say to yourself? NO!!!

My point is if you wouldn't give your house away, and you wouldn't give all of your money away, then why would you say Yes to the Pizza Hut? If you don't want to weigh this summer what you weigh today, then why say yes to the Double Bacon Cheeseburger? Practice saying NO this week. You are worth more than the food. Remember "Nothing taste as good as skinny will feel." You don't have to give up Burger King for the rest of your life, just put it on pause for now. Ask yourself this week when you think of slipping on your diet, at the beach or pool this summer, do you want to wear your bathing suit with pride or do you want to be hiding behind your towel like most of us have done the last several summers. No Excuses this week. Stop with the emotional eating. I used to do it too. But if your sad or angry go to the gym take the frustration out on the punching bag, walk the treadmill, don't go to the buffet. The fatty food will not solve your problems. The problems will be there still when you are done eating, except now you have a weight gain stress ontop of whatever upset you in the 1st place. At least when you turn your focus to exercise when you are sad or angry, you will still have that same problem when your done, but you have weight loss to look forward to. When you lose your weight and the compliments you recieve, the confidence you gain, the food is not worth the suffering. You need to tell yourself, "I DESERVE & WILL BE THIN!!!" I want to see big numbers lost this week, because I believe you can do it. :happy:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Bad day today, teenagers, man they can sure stress you out. I even ate wendy's tonight for supper, havent done that in awhile, didnt bother to track the calories today. But tomorrow is a new day, and I will get back on track. I am determined to make this goal this month, one bad day can't make that much of a difference, can it?
    One day will never ruin your progress unless you let it! Keep yourself motivated and positive and keep coming back here to reaffirm your commitment! Besides, you said you hadn't done it in a while, and that's something to be proud of!! :happy:

laDOLCEvita7... I actually do love my jean size!! (18) I remember being a 24 and 22 and 20 for so long, and they never fit me quite right. (They were more an apple shape, then a pear, and I used to have my mom sew the waists in so they would stay up without a belt). When I got to 18, pants suddenly fit me perfectly!! :laugh: Not that a 16 or 14 or 12 wouldn't be a lot nicer, but I really do appreciate the 18. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST!! I want to write it out and hang it on my wall of inspiration. :smooched:
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    LaDolce Vita - GREAT POST!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This week has been pretty good. I almost lost all the holiday weight. I have 0.6 pounds to go. Then I'll only have 7.2 pounds to go for this goal! We shall see what happens as the month progresses.
  • delllis06
    delllis06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group.
    Screen name : delllis06
    SW: 195 1/1/2011
    GW: 185 1/31/2011
    exercise Plan: Wii fit 5 days a week, stationary bike 3-4 days a week
    Specific Diet: watching calories & portion sizes
    Biggest motivation: Wanting to feel better, fit into clothes, be healthy and a good example for my kids.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    One day will never ruin your progress unless you let it! Keep yourself motivated and positive and keep coming back here to reaffirm your commitment! Besides, you said you hadn't done it in a while, and that's something to be proud of!! :happy:

laDOLCEvita7... I actually do love my jean size!! (18) I remember being a 24 and 22 and 20 for so long, and they never fit me quite right. (They were more an apple shape, then a pear, and I used to have my mom sew the waists in so they would stay up without a belt). When I got to 18, pants suddenly fit me perfectly!! :laugh: Not that a 16 or 14 or 12 wouldn't be a lot nicer, but I really do appreciate the 18. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST!! I want to write it out and hang it on my wall of inspiration. :smooched:

Congrats on size 18!!! That is a good idea Stephine # 2! I think I will copy it to another document and post on my refrig and post it up at work!!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Thanks Mollie! Congrats on your progress so far! Your photos tell an amazing story.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I think its great that you are happy with your jean size of 18. When I asked people to ask themselves that question. I kinda meant that I was assuming that the answer deep down is no to everyone. And the reason I say that is because we are in a weight loss group and if everyone was truely happy with their size they wouldnt have joined the group. I used to be a 22. Am I glad that I am a 16 today instead of 22? Yes, but am i truely 100% happy to be size 16 for the rest of my life, NO, I want to be a 6 or 8. Then I can be truely happy with my jean size. The overrall picture of that message is to practice saying NO to the excuses this week, say NO to the junk food, say NO to the lack of exercise. I do not know how tough to be with a group. What do you guys want? Do you want someone like Jillian from the "Biggest Loser" to push you hard or do you want me to be more softer? I know that everyone is different. However, you want me to be, that's what I will be. Of course, you know I will be kind. I would never put someone down or embarass them. When I go to my bootcamp class, if you try to leave the instructor will stop and ask you what you are doing in front of everyone. When your pushing yourself, he screams at you to punch harder, to kick harder. And even though every week Im thinking why did i take this class? About two days later when my clothes are slightly looser I know it was worth it. Everyday I try to imagine my bootcamp insturctor around me at all times. And if I want pancakes instead of egg whites, would I eat it in front of him? no i wouldn't lol. So I put the bad stuff down. Ive been looking at motivational tools online that I can use to post and help everyone. I love the show "The Biggest Loser." Tell yourself that by this summer, you may not have someone hand you $250,000 but what is waiting behind the finish line for YOU is self-confidence, smaller clothes, a healthy heart, years to your life, and loads of compliments from everyone around you when you lose your weight. You just need to ask yourself, are you willing to do what it takes to get there? The only thing you need to get to that finish line is the word NO to the bad habits, determination, and belief in yourself.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I think its great that you are happy with your jean size of 18. When I asked people to ask themselves that question. I kinda meant that I was assuming that the answer deep down is no to everyone. And the reason I say that is because we are in a weight loss group and if everyone was truely happy with their size they wouldnt have joined the group. I used to be a 22. Am I glad that I am a 16 today instead of 22? Yes, but am i truely 100% happy to be size 16 for the rest of my life, NO, I want to be a 6 or 8. Then I can be truely happy with my jean size. The overrall picture of that message is to practice saying NO to the excuses this week, say NO to the junk food, say NO to the lack of exercise. I do not know how tough to be with a group. What do you guys want? Do you want someone like Jillian from the "Biggest Loser" to push you hard or do you want me to be more softer? I know that everyone is different. However, you want me to be, that's what I will be. Of course, you know I will be kind. I would never put someone down or embarass them. When I go to my bootcamp class, if you try to leave the instructor will stop and ask you what you are doing in front of everyone. When your pushing yourself, he screams at you to punch harder, to kick harder. And even though every week Im thinking why did i take this class? About two days later when my clothes are slightly looser I know it was worth it. Everyday I try to imagine my bootcamp insturctor around me at all times. And if I want pancakes instead of egg whites, would I eat it in front of him? no i wouldn't lol. So I put the bad stuff down. Ive been looking at motivational tools online that I can use to post and help everyone. I love the show "The Biggest Loser." Tell yourself that by this summer, you may not have someone hand you $250,000 but what is waiting behind the finish line for YOU is self-confidence, smaller clothes, a healthy heart, years to your life, and loads of compliments from everyone around you when you lose your weight. You just need to ask yourself, are you willing to do what it takes to get there? The only thing you need to get to that finish line is the word NO to the bad habits, determination, and belief in yourself.

Be yourself!!

You are doing great so far, so keep up the good work! I will like you hard or soft.....:-) Regarding Jillian, I love here some weeks and I hate her other weeks......:-) Overall she is a great trainer and I know she means well and truly she loves all her contastents on the show. No one is perfect and just like with our parents. The did not always say and do what we liked but they did the best they could and they did for the most part what they thought was best for us. We know you will do the same. Please don't worry about good, bad, soft or hard approach. We are fine with the Stephnie approach....:-) That is why we are in YOUR group(s)!!

You are very encouraging and inspiring. So do your thing girl! Thanks again!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • shawana4
    Options
    I'm in and i will have to weigh in on Friday cuz i don't have access to internet. Also the start weight i put is what i weigh Monday but as of now i have dropped 2lbs so i'm 223 now

• Shawana4
    • Starting -225lb
    • Goal by Jan 31st – 218lb
    • My exercise plan:
    Workout at work on my breaks doing bike, treadmill and elliptical and at home do the Jillian DVD every Mon, Tuesday, Thurs, Sat.
    • No specific diet just do the MFP and watch my calorie intake and try to stay away from carbs, soda, and junk and fast food.
    • I have my 1st class reunion and I haven’t seen my classmates since I left home 10 years ago and I can’t go back looking like this. Also I had my last child a year ago and I went to the beach and I covered up and was miserable and I want to go back in July or August and strut my stuff. lol
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

Please don't worry about good, bad, soft or hard approach. We are fine with the Stephnie approach....:-) That is why we are in YOUR group(s)!!

I agree!

Also, thanks for your posts and starting this group. Since I decided to take on this challenge for the month and try a new workout program, I have had GREAT results. I'm not weighing in until tomorrow, but so far the scale is looking good! I was actually shocked by how much I've lost since staying within my calories (generally a little under) after working out this past week. And I've been eating healthy which is saying something for me. Usually it's amazing to stay within calories, much less most of them be healthy.

So even though I have been on this journey for almost 3 years now, it's like I just really started this Saturday. This morning I was down 7 pounds since 01.01! I don't know if it will stick since I've been sick.. but I did eat within my calories every day and only 1 day was under 1200, (it was 1198... so I think I'm still safe).

For those of you who changed the way you eat dramatically basically in a day, did you lose a lot in the first week? I do not want to be unhealthy about this. I've been going at it the right way.. I just don't want those 7 pounds that seemed to come off easily to reappear the same way. Usually I'm struggling to lose a pound a week.. much less that many! But, since it is the first time (in a while) I've been doing it right maybe it will stay gone...?

EDIT: I gotta add even though my weight loss has been stagnant up til this week, I've been working out religiously over 2 1/2 years, so I don't know if water weight or whatever has anything to do with this. I know some of the weight loss has gotta be fat! :happy:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    laDOLCEvita7... You are awesome! Today, I said NO to walking in the opposite direction of the gym, and eventually... I made it to the gym!! It was an awesome workout. So happy I went! I want to experience a class (just one) with your bootcamp instructor... P.S. - Be tough, I love it! :laugh: Keep doing what you're doing.
  • janellnicole2
    Options
    This is the first group I am joining and am very excited! But, I am not sure how this works at the Sat weigh ins, do you just come back to this same post and update your info (sorry for being dumb lol).
    Screen Name: janellnicole2
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 190
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 179
    What is your exercise plan?: continue tread climber 5 days a week, start some strength training
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: 1200+exercise cals
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: MYSELF! to be a better mother and wife!
  • shells22
    shells22 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As difficult as it is saying "no" it is the best decision for the body and soul when it comes to health. Today my girlfriends got together and I thought we were going to get some sushi, but NO. It was a sushi BUFFET?! So I chose few items and yes the seafood adds TONS of calories so I knew I had to go to the gym right after. I mean, I was bummed that it was a buffet, but it was my choice to put the food in my mouth and I did not regret my choice. I had a great night and a hard workout. I did not say NO to the the gym :) An hour of yoga and running/walking for 25 mins. I feel good, sore but ultimately happy with today. Hope you all have a great night family.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: frostiegurl
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 232
    Current Weight on January 7, 2011: 230
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I said no to weighing in today even though I am so anxious. I can wait one more dayI made it this far.
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Stephanie your doing great - a big thanks for setting up this group. For the first time in months I am excited about weighing in - I know I've put the hard work in & found that I have had to say NO to myself a couple of times !!! When I look at what I was doing a month ago compared to this week I'm not the same woman - I'm exercising, I'm preparing my lunch for work the night before, I'm drinking water & I'm allowing myself a little treat at night while still sticking to my calories and the most important thing is I'm beginning to believe in myself again :heart: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    OOPs weigh in is tomorrow... :huh:

I hope to catch up here this week end!
  • susuzz
    susuzz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Stephanie ~~ thank you SO much for giving me the kick in the butt I needed.

Going to the gym and drinking water works for me. Although I have been going to the gym all along, I just haven't focused as much or pushed myself or gone as many times as I have this week. I took off yesterday from the gym, and instead took my dog for a 1 hour walk (20 degree Wisconsin weather is not the best - but I did it with flannel jeans and I survived!) Being part of "No more excuses January" and your pep talk of "NO" is going to push me to the gym again this morning for a 9:30 lifting class, my plan it to get there 15 minutes earlier to do the eliptical!

When I was 186 back in May 2010, I was in sizes 16/18, right now I am a size 8 :love: (and maybe the reason why I have been slacking since Sept is because size 8 ~ for me is CRaZy FanTAsTiC! I truely don't remember being like this for over 25 years!). It is a GREAT feeling very hard to explain!! So, the 10 pounds that I now need to loose is because I REALLY want to tone this body up to be able to wear a bikini this summer ~ maybe get up enough nerve to get a belly ring (ha ha) ~ right now I feel I look good with clothes on, but ughhh without them.

So THANK YOU Stephanie, and to all who joined this group and share your stories! Keep pushing yourselves. Your strong and your goals are obtainable, one pound, one day at a time!

I'm not able to log in tomorrow (up at 4am to get to my kid to a volleyball tourney in Illinois - I love VB - which by the way, I am packing my health lunch/snacks and going to avoid even looking at the concession stand - you know pretend they don't have one!)

Date: 1/7/11
    Name: susuzz
    Weight: 150
    Note: Very happy with being down 2 pounds!!!