Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Was on such a good weight loss kick....then got kicked on my butt with a mean cold!! Didn't lose or gain. No exercise all last week. Still feeling down today, but I'm going to bring in some light exercises. Good luck this week.
  • kaleohone
    Options
    Don't know what's wrong with me...I work out 5-7 days a week, I eat below my numbers and today I jumped on the scale to find defeat! :angry: I had to move my ticker in the direction I didn't want it to go.
    The sad part is, I feel good. I think I look leaner (if that makes sense).

But, I'm not giving up. I did this once and reached my goal weight. I can surely do it again.

Here are my stats:
    1/12/11 Starting weight: 143.8
    2/07/11 Last weigh- in: 143.8
    02/21/11 Current weigh: 145.6
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Don't know what's wrong with me...I work out 5-7 days a week, I eat below my numbers and today I jumped on the scale to find defeat! :angry: I had to move my ticker in the direction I didn't want it to go.

But, I'm not giving up. I did this once and reached my goal weight. I can surely do it again.
    Don't! You're probably gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. Especially if you think you look leaner. Are your clothes fitting better or looser? If they are, then your work is paying off. Don't get discouraged. The scale will move down again, eventually. :)
  • prekteacher2
    Options

Here are my stats:
    2/07/11 Last weigh- in: 143.8
    02/21/11 Current weigh: 145.6

You are most likely gaining muscle.I think we fight with the scale and need to look at the whole picture. Have you taken your measurements lately? Try that. I was so suprized when I did. Hang in there honey we WILL get to where we wanna go. I had to move my ticker to 0 pound loss and I'm okay with that. I dld learn my lesson and I'm back on track today.

I'm with you girly:flowerforyou:
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I have lost 3 pounds according to the gym scale but I weight in offically tomorrow at weight watchers. I'm so hopping for some kind of loss. I know lately I've not been so good but I'm on the right track now.

How is everyone else doing?
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Starting Weight (12/20): 144.4
    Today's Weight (2/21): 136.4
    Difference: -1.4 lb
    Overall Pounds Lost: 8 pounds in challenge
    Goal Weight: 130

Was out of commission last week as I had hurt my back. Did not workout at all. Just some yoga this past Friday and Saturday, just to stretch my body out, really, so no major calorie burn. So the fact that I lost anything w/out the exercise and just "ok" eating, is good. I'll take it. I went back to my TF/CLX hybrid schedule. Just started where I left off before my injury. Feels sooooo good to workout again!!

Whoohoo, look at you!:wink: 8 pound loss this challenege! I'm proud of you. What is the TF/CLX hybrid schedule. I so agree with working out. I have a hard time wanting on getting there but once I'm there I love it! :heart:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Gosh darn it! I was at 148 on Friday but I ate like crazy on Friday and Sunday, so I'm back up to 149. :grumble: I haven't changed my ticker to reflect this, because I am going to have that and one more pound off by Friday! No more of this binge eating for me. Anyway, here goes:

1/30 starting weight: 152
    2/21 current weight: 149
    weekly difference: -1 pound
    total difference: -3 pounds
    goal weight: 140-ish (I just want a flat stomach and to be buff! Is it too much to ask?)

This looks familiar...
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Gosh darn it! I was at 148 on Friday but I ate like crazy on Friday and Sunday, so I'm back up to 149. :grumble: I haven't changed my ticker to reflect this, because I am going to have that and one more pound off by Friday! No more of this binge eating for me. Anyway, here goes:

1/30 starting weight: 152
    2/21 current weight: 149
    weekly difference: -1 pound
    total difference: -3 pounds
    goal weight: 140-ish (I just want a flat stomach and to be buff! Is it too much to ask?)

This looks familiar...

I just looked at your pics. WOW, you look FABULOUS:bigsmile: You have come so far. Don't worry about the one pound. You'll get that off in no time. Keep up the great healthy lifestyle.
  • sas16
    Options
    Today's Weight (2/21): 136.4
    Difference: -1.4 lb
    Overall Pounds Lost: 8 pounds in challenge

Was out of commission last week as I had hurt my back. Did not workout at all. Just some yoga this past Friday and Saturday, just to stretch my body out, really, so no major calorie burn. So the fact that I lost anything w/out the exercise and just "ok" eating, is good. I'll take it. I went back to my TF/CLX hybrid schedule. Just started where I left off before my injury. Feels sooooo good to workout again!!

Whoohoo, look at you!:wink: 8 pound loss this challenege! I'm proud of you. What is the TF/CLX hybrid schedule. I so agree with working out. I have a hard time wanting on getting there but once I'm there I love it! :heart:
    Thanks! TF/CLX is Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid. Turbo Fire is a super cardio program and the Chalean Extreme is a strength/weight training program. Combining the two to see what kind of results I get.
  • sas16
    Options
    Today's Weight (2/28): 135.6
    Difference: -0.8 lb
    Overall Pounds Lost: 8.8 pounds in challenge

Not a huge loss, but I'll take it, since the last couple days I haven't eaten the best. Back on track today!!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight for this Group (12/22): 172
    Today's Weight (2/28): 164.4
    Total lost: 7.6 lbs
    Goal Weight: 159 --> which means a total of 5.4lbs to go!!! :smile: (unless of course I lower my goal again!) hehe
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    MONDAY WEIGH IN
    1/1/11 Starting weight: 137.4
    2/15/11 Last weight for this thread 139.9
    Todays Weight - 139.9 (Actually Monday)
    Goal weight: 132

OK! Not heading in the right direction! Have made a resolution for the week to stay under my calorie limit for 7 consecutive days!! I know this works if I stick with it!!

Join me on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165560-daily-check-in-february to log your daily goals and struggles, We used to have quite a few of us on here but well, I'm on my own now. :brokenheart: It's a great way to work on our daily accountability... Simple and fast. Would love to have a few more on when we move into March!

:flowerforyou: Looks like you all are doing great and I want to join in your downward trend! :flowerforyou:
  • DJJW
    Options
    Morning Gals....

Last week was my first week "kinda" back after a mean ol' cold. Lost just a bit, hoping for a good week this week.

@ ding- 5.4 to go! So close, congrats!

@ sas- .8 is a great loss. I think 1lb a week is great! I normally can only pull a pound every two weeks. SO GREAT JOB!

@ prek- I see you got your 3 lbs back! Way to go!

@ icky- I too am fighting that 148 and 149. I wish weight didn't fluctuate so much!

Starting Weight (12/23): 154
    Today's Weight (2/28): 148.8
    Difference: -5.2 lbs
    Goal Weight: 143 ( then set a new goal )
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I am up two pounds. I was sick with bronchitis last week, didn't exercise, and didn't log calories. Back at it today.

12/20 starting weight: 157.4
    2/28 current weight: 150.8
    difference: -6.6 pounds
    goal weight: 135
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options

Join me on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165560-daily-check-in-february to log your daily goals and struggles, We used to have quite a few of us on here but well, I'm on my own now. :brokenheart: It's a great way to work on our daily accountability... Simple and fast. Would love to have a few more on when we move into March!

We moved to March!! Come join me if you are interested in a quick check-in with a daily accountability group!! Our Challenge for March is to keep under our Calorie Goal EACH day in March. We will allow Make-up days for an occasional overage!! I'm jazzed to see what 31 days of staying under my calorie limit will do!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/183517-daily-check-in-march
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Options
    Sorry guys...it was a crazy weekend. I forgot to post my weigh-in yesterday! Here it is...

Stats:
    02/21/11 Last weigh in: 145.6
    03/01/11 Current weight: 144.4
    Difference: -1.2

The scale was in my favor this morning. Yipee! :bigsmile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    We got buried! How are you all doing?

I was down quite a bit yesterday, but up more today after my son's b-day party.

12/20 starting weight: 157.4
    2/28 current weight: 149
    difference: -7.4 pounds
    goal weight: 135
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    MONDAY WEIGH IN
    1/1/11 Starting weight: 137.4
    2/28/11 Last weight for this thread 139.9
    Todays Weight - 138.4
    Goal weight: 132

Heading in the right direction Yea!!

A whole week of staying under my calorie limit AND 5 days of exercise does help!
  • DJJW
    Options
    Morning everyone....

Starting Weight (12/23): 154
    Today's Weight (2/28): 148.2
    Difference: -5.8 lbs
    Goal Weight: 143 ( then set a new goal )

Lost 1/2 lb this week, I'll take it!!!
  • DJJW
    Options
    All of the Pesky 20 members...please pray for kaleohone!! She is in Hawaii, and I haven't seen any activity from here today. Praying that the Tsunami is stearing clear of her!!