Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Frida and Fay! Just post as you like. We do weigh-ins on Mondays. :smile:

Glad to see some people coming back as well!

I am still sick. It's driving me nuts! I hate going to the doctor when I think he'll just say it'll run its course. BUT I hate being miserable too. This morning I felt like I was in a bubble or something...completely out of it...which isn't good for a teacher. I would've taken today off if I didn't have to worry about lesson plans and what not.

Anyway, I am going to relax tonight and hopefully be better for tomorrow. I'm hoping to catch up on exercise the next two days so I am not off my schedule.

Have a great night!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options

I am still sick. It's driving me nuts! I hate going to the doctor when I think he'll just say it'll run its course. BUT I hate being miserable too. This morning I felt like I was in a bubble or something...completely out of it...which isn't good for a teacher. I would've taken today off if I didn't have to worry about lesson plans and what not.

Anyway, I am going to relax tonight and hopefully be better for tomorrow. I'm hoping to catch up on exercise the next two days so I am not off my schedule.

Have a great night!

:heart: Hope you are better tomorrow too!! You have been having way to many down days!! :heart:

Had a good week 5/5 days for exercise, I might even make it 6/5 tomorrow!! And have stayed under my calories all week. Looking forward to Monday's weigh in. Now to stay focussed for the weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've been MIA for a while. I've not been seeing the scale move so I went through a couple of days of sabotaging myself (which lets face it isn't the first time this has happened...) then I realized that even though the scale wasn't moving, I FEEL better. I'm being active and working out at the very least 50 minutes each day and typically over an hour and a half most days. Usually when I am focused as I am now I drop weight quickly (always starving at night as I lay in bed to sleep though). This time it is different. I am eating for health of not only myself, but for my fertility and to decrease my risk of miscarriage again. So no I'm not shedding the weight persay, but I'm eating a healthy amount of calories (enough to lose, not enough to starve) and staying fit. Why should this make me feel like a failure if the scale isn't moving? So basically I'm here, feeling good, trying not to be disappointed in the lack of movement on the scale.... I've decided to give myself another week and will weigh on Friday.

I feel ya! I have seen the scale JUMP UP! But it's okay now that I had time to vent. I'm hoping it's muscle I'm gaining and not fat. I'll have to wait it out. Hopefully the scale will tell me something different on Tuesday.

Hang in there, we'll get over this hump!
    Hoping you all are having a good day!

Thank you so much for your encouragement. Seems the board lately is lacking support, ideas, recommendations, personal experiences, and encouragement for each other. Kinda a shame as I think that is why most of us joined this group in the first place.... :frown:
  • kaleohone
    Options
    OK everyone...I need some help, ideas, etc.
    My daughters are in a wedding this weekend so we will be staying at a hotel. With wedding rehearsals, luncheons and the reception, I know there will be lots and lots of tempting food. Food is a really important part of Hawaiian culture and that is how we bond and celebrate.
    Any tips on how to stay on track this weekend? I am almost sure there will be little time for true exercising. Maybe a few walks around the property. :smile:

Suggestions are welcome.
    Mahalo for your support.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My daughters are in a wedding this weekend so we will be staying at a hotel. With wedding rehearsals, luncheons and the reception, I know there will be lots and lots of tempting food. Food is a really important part of Hawaiian culture and that is how we bond and celebrate.
    Any tips on how to stay on track this weekend? I am almost sure there will be little time for true exercising. Maybe a few walks around the property. :smile:

Suggestions are welcome.
    Mahalo for your support.

Congrats on the WEDDING! YAH!

PORTION SIZE!!!
    Just like Christmas have what you like, enjoy just a little bit of it all. Two or three bits of a few, 1/4 of a cup of others and so on. Since I'm assuming there is going to be lots of family and friends who want to catch up and visit, do it walking. Try not to find yourself stuck in a hotel room holding down the couch. Grab a "haven't seen you in a long time" and go for a walk.

Don't forget to tell us how it went.
  • prekteacher2
    Options

Suggestions are welcome.
    Mahalo for your support.
    I agree portion control and drink lots of water. Interact with your friends/family. Try to sit away from the food table. While at the hotel, do they have a gym you could use? I would get a little before the family to workout. I know weddings are hard but they don't have to be. ENJOY yourself.

I hope you have a great time.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    So I've been following this low glycemic index diet and have been eating around 1200 to 1700 cals per day. I feel amazing. I'm being active and exercising for at the very least 50 mins per day, usually I do Tracy anderson method for strength training and then an hour of either treadmill or kickbox. The scale hasnt budged in 3 weeks...kinda frustrating since I FEEL thinner...
    and I'm not happy with the number either. I gained 8lbs since August and haven't lost it. I don't think a goal of 138-142 is unrealistic for me but I don't know what else to do! I'm stuck on this one...I've been able to lose 10lbs in 2 weeks if I wanted to, but I did it all wrong and was left starving! I really honestly feel good and am eating right (better than ever really), so I don't know why the weight isn't budging even a little bit! I even didn't weigh myself for over a week just to see if the scale would budge...and no bueno. GRRR!

Don't get discouraged. If you FEEL thinner and feel better, I'm sure something's happening. You workout for long periods, it's possible at this point your gaining muscle. Are your clothes feeling looser/fitting better? Sometimes that's a better indicator than the scale when you're not seeing movement on the scale. Keep doing what you're doing...which looks like all the right things.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great Friday. I had a snow day so no work. I got in a work out and went grocery shopping. Meet my besties for dinner and a movie. We ate at Red Robbin. I did wonderfully. I skipped the bottomless basket of steak fries. I opted for a side salad! BUT, we went to go see "No Strings Attached". Very cute movie.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great Friday. I had a snow day so no work. I got in a work out and went grocery shopping. Meet my besties for dinner and a movie. We ate at Red Robbin. I did wonderfully. I skipped the bottomless basket of steak fries. I opted for a side salad! BUT, we went to go see "No Strings Attached". Very cute movie.

I forgot to add, at the movies I ate a king size package of twizzlers and a small box of Junior mints. Not so good there. I did skip the movie popcorn. Tomorrow I better add a few more minutes of cardio! ARG.
  • kaleohone
    Options
    @prekteacher2 and DJJW

Mahalo for your words of wisdom and encouragement. I packed my work out clothes just in case. I will keep you posted on my progress. I'm also packing my laptop.

Enjoy your weekend!
  • kaleohone
    Options
    So I've been following this low glycemic index diet and have been eating around 1200 to 1700 cals per day. I feel amazing. I'm being active and exercising for at the very least 50 mins per day, usually I do Tracy anderson method for strength training and then an hour of either treadmill or kickbox. The scale hasnt budged in 3 weeks...kinda frustrating since I FEEL thinner...
    and I'm not happy with the number either. I gained 8lbs since August and haven't lost it. I don't think a goal of 138-142 is unrealistic for me but I don't know what else to do! I'm stuck on this one...I've been able to lose 10lbs in 2 weeks if I wanted to, but I did it all wrong and was left starving! I really honestly feel good and am eating right (better than ever really), so I don't know why the weight isn't budging even a little bit! I even didn't weigh myself for over a week just to see if the scale would budge...and no bueno. GRRR!

Don't get discouraged. If you FEEL thinner and feel better, I'm sure something's happening. You workout for long periods, it's possible at this point your gaining muscle. Are your clothes feeling looser/fitting better? Sometimes that's a better indicator than the scale when you're not seeing movement on the scale. Keep doing what you're doing...which looks like all the right things.

Yes, I agree...it's all about how you feel! And muscle does weight more. Don't give up and don't feel discouraged. I know it can be hard...I was at the same weight for a really long time too. Keep the faith and positive thinking. You can do this and we are all here to help out.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    @prekteacher2 and DJJW

Mahalo for your words of wisdom and encouragement. I packed my work out clothes just in case. I will keep you posted on my progress. I'm also packing my laptop.

Enjoy your weekend!

I hope your doing wonderfully this week end. You are so welcome for you words of wisdom and encouragement! Anytime sweetie!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose those last 20lbs since I was in the eighth great D: I'm 21 now.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Starting Weight (12/20): 144.4
    Today's Weight (1/24): 141.2
    Difference: +0.6
    Overall Pounds Lost: 3.2 pounds in challenge
    Goal Weight: 130

Have to do better watching my cals this week. I have no problem w/exercise or water. The food does me in!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    MONDAY WEIGH IN
    1/1/11 Starting weight: 137.4
    1/24/11 Todays Weight 138 :frown: (Birthday celebration, dinner out...)
    I will be AWOL for about a week. My goal is to MAINTAIN!
    Mantra -- "Keep movin' momma!"
    See you next week!!!
    Goal weight: 132
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Monday morning weigh-in

Last Weigh-in (1/3): 153
    Today's weigh-in (1/24): 153
    Difference: NOTHING
    Overall Pounds Lost: 12 lbs lost since spring: 6 lbs lost since MFP : 1 lb lost since Pesky 20 :
    Goal Weight: 143

So here I am, almost the end of January weighing in the same weight I started January in. I lost 2 lbs early in the month, but let life judge my diet in a unexpected week. I thought I was going to come out of it without any problem, but here I am....gained that two back!!! Well it started at 4lbs back, but with TOM and just plain water gain, I'm holding at 2 lbs that I've got to work off.
    Feeling so frustrated that it's been so hard getting back on track. A week and 1/2 ago I was at 151, so close to the 140's I just threw it out the window. AAAAAHHHHAHHAHHA!
    Ok, now that I threw my fit, I'm going to go get my house together and hop on my bike. Today is a new day. Hope you all have success stories today :smile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I'm back. Our internet was down this weekend. I hope it'll be fixed tonight. It's driving me nuts not to have it. My youngest's birthday was Saturday. He turned 2. My birthday is Friday. :smile:

12/20 starting weight: 157.4
    1/24 current weight: 151.6
    difference: -5.8 pounds
    goal weight: 135
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for this challenge: 172 - 12/22/10
    Current weight: 167.4 :happy:
    Goal weight: 155-160

I am so close & yet sooooooooooo FAR AWAY.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey can I join even though I have the last 16?

I was 200lbs and ideally want to be 150.

Started December 2010 at 166 and have lost 6lbs to date with 10 to go.
  • kaleohone
    Options
    Aloha Everyone,
    So my wedding weekend went pretty well. Moderation was the key and we walked a lot checking out the grounds and going back and forth.
    I think I did pretty good. I had a few small spoonfuls of Ice Cream the first night but passed on the buffet desserts and sundae bar at the wedding.
    Unfortunately and fortunately the scale did not move this week.
    Here are my stats:
    1/12/11 Starting weight: 143.8
    1/24/11 Current weight: 143.8

Mahalo again for everyone's words of encouragement and wisdom. They really helped me this weekend. :happy: