Over 200 New Year New ME Part 41

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Soo glad to see everyone !!

SOo peeved...So i mailed my sisters christmas presents (for her and her family - 4 of them ) on dec 13thy , priority mail, they said 2-3 days. So here it is 3 weeks later and nada...I have to go file a claim with the USPS , luckily i insured it...i should of insurered it for more...but i will get what i can get...makes me soo mad...Apparently it made it to nashville never to be seen again....
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    GOOD MORNING!!!!

It’s great to be back, I missed everyone. My household is somewhat back to normal. My older kids went ot school yesterday and today my younger one will go to pre-school ( he can’t wait..and so can I). I have to deep clean my home and go food shopping ( which sucks!), but I can’t really do it with him around because the rooms never stay clean and when I go food shopping with him – he packs the cart with junk food. Tell him no, he throws a tantrum..so I prefer to go alone.

Check in for yesterday
    Calories: 1689…I had too many pieces of the ginger bread house ( icing and candy removed)
    Water: 90oz
    Exercise: 50 minutes of waling/jogging in the frigged cold.
    Proud: I didn’t go over 2000 calories today.

Welcome all newbies!!

Colgirl: great you're back!!!

R2L: glad to see you around!!!

Touts: what an adorable puppy. Hope all goes well with the Financial Aid – I hate when the whole process is delayed I had to take a semester off to do to that…miss communication delayed the process (between school’s Financial aid department and Fafsa)..

Momma: sorry to hear about your car troubles and the big bill…that sucks ((hugs))

Heather: how’s the Weight Watchers thing going? I was thinking of doing it a while back, but I an too shy to weigh in front of people. Hope you’re doing great!

LItdeb: way to go in getting back to the gym..awesome girl!!!

Cris: glad you are back girl!!!! We’ve missed you around. How’s the family, lit man and fiancé surgery? Hope all is well.. Thanks for asking about me. My family ( kids and DH) for majority of the holiday vacation so that meant less time for me on the board..but I am back now and hopefully we will lose all the weight..I can feel this is the year for all of us!

Julie: Love the ultrasound pictures. I remember, with my last child, I was having ultrasound every month do to me having complications. The sex of the baby was not revealed until I hit 20 weeks. The ultra sound technician wrote on the print out picture, “it’s a boy” she even circled the penis. I say go for the test @ 15 weeks and if they can’t tell then you will def. find out @ 20 weeks..whatever he/she might be just as long baby and mommy is healthy.

Nancy: Glad you’re back too…I miss that sarcasm of yours…it’s what kept this thread alive..Congrats on your nomination!!!

Jes: back away from the scale…just until you get everything (eating and exercising) in place. ((hugs girly))

Elmox: yay for hot yoga!!!

If I missed anyone....sorry

Have a great day!!!
  • lildebbie
    So i decided to change up my ticker a little bit...even though i like seeing a big # lost, it appearently hasn't motivated me much over the last few months...SO i changed mine for # to go to 100 lbs, still have another 50-75 after that but figure 100 lbs will be a huge milestone and that is my goal before my birthday .

37 lbs to go doesn't sounds that horribly big to me...especially since i know at least some of it will come off this week.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Deb: Changing your ticker makes sense to me! It is hard not seeing the ticker move.

Laila: I don't know about the WW centers near you, but mine has the option of weighing in a private cubicle with just the WW leader or staff member. I feel more accountable weighing in front of others, so I do mine at the registration desk in the front lobby. Even though no one really sees the number except me, just knowing people could overhear them tell me my weight makes me feel like I need to do better. So far, I'm still figuring out points for things I eat often, but I think this week will be better.

Okay, I had better get some work done today. Boo!
  • Hi Ladies,

I crashed and burned yesterday. Sat down on the couch and actually dozed off, TWICE! I NEVER do that! Combination of lots of things, stress, not sleeping well and reducing my caffiene I think. Feeling a little better today but still a little run down. I did some mindless snacking yesterday because I was feeling so tired and when it came to dinner time I checked to see how many calories I had left and made it work. Stayed under by 10 Calories!

My Polar F6 came yesterday and DH got it all set up for me. Gonna see if I can get myself motivated enough to use it today.

I've read all the posts and want to congratulate everyone for doing so well! Just don't have the time at the moment to address everyone individually at the moment.

Have a great day!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Hi Pos me and Cogirl!!! ***waves***

Heather- My plan for the time being is 1200 calories and c25k M-Wed-Fri Spin class on Thursday...and Im thinking maybe on Tuesday I will do a video....considering the shred or insanity but I dont know if thats something I need to do like more than once a week or its pointless....tips?? I need a video for Tuesdays because I have nothing else to do that day.

Jess- I tried the smartones too and they were ok...kinda soggy and way smaller. I like the jimmy dlights way better

So my gym keeps sending these promotions out and they have a boot camp for 118.00- its tempting...they also have a bxing class. I have always been interested in boxing but i think I am no where near conditioned enough to even jump back and forth...
  • lildebbie
    Julie-Tart - Glad you got your hrm..i love mine...i get soo annyoed when i go to the gym and i forget it.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Veggie-If you don't mind me asking how many calories are you eating? If you eat too little that could be the cause of the excessive fatigue. I know when I wasn't eating enough I was having that problem. Just a thought.

Deb-I'm with you. I changed my ticker to 200 pounds since that's my first big goal I want to meet. I'm not setting any time limits on myself though. It stresses me out I have learned and that's when I derail myself.

Laila-Glad to see you are back! We have missed seeing you around. Hope you get back to normal in your house soon.
  • Positively_Me
    jess: My breakfast is usually one whole egg sandwich: Arnold Sandwich Thins (100calories), Pam cooking spray ( to coat the pan - o calories), 1 large egg (scrambled in bowl - 70 calories), Oscar Mayer turkey bacon (35 calories), Laughing cow light (1/2 wedge- 18 calories. total: 223 calories or if you're doing 2 egg whites it's 180 calories...and it keeps you satisfied for hours

Or I do the whole oatmeal (1/2 cup) with 1 tablespoon walnuts and 1/2 cup milk about 220 calories..yum!

hope htat helps..
  • Positively_Me
    healther: someone posted this on a different thread...point calculator for the new points system. I have been experimenting with it lately. Not sure how accurate it is...but it is helpful. I upload my meals and open anothe webpage and upload the informaiton based on my meal's value... my big meals are around 9 - 13 points and my snacks are around 5 points...I figured out the more protien, fiber the less the point.

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

figit with it..it might help you too..

Let me go, I have to go get dressed and take my son to school..yay!
  • lildebbie
    Veggie-If you don't mind me asking how many calories are you eating? If you eat too little that could be the cause of the excessive fatigue. I know when I wasn't eating enough I was having that problem. Just a thought.

Deb-I'm with you. I changed my ticker to 200 pounds since that's my first big goal I want to meet. I'm not setting any time limits on myself though. It stresses me out I have learned and that's when I derail myself.

Laila-Glad to see you are back! We have missed seeing you around. Hope you get back to normal in your house soon.

I shouldn't really set a time for myself as i never meet them...I have this thing in my head of wanting to be a lot skinnier by the time we move so i don't feel soo fat when we move in our new neighborhood. Which will be probably in may . Our new neighboorhood is soo community oriented and want to be out doing stuff , they lots of pools and don't want to be the fat chick in the bathing suit. I wan'ted to be under 200 by summer, i am not going to psuh myself that hard, but would really like to be low 200's, I lost about 35 from may - sept, so don't see it impossible to loose 37 between jan - end of april...if i stayat it.

Okay i know i am ramlbing..better go to work.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Good Morning Ladies,

I am in a much better mood today. I already dropped 5 of my 10 pounds. I knew some of it was water. So I officially gained 5 over the holidays.

Cris and Blue, it has not been the same without you. So glad that you are back.

Jess, I personally like to cook an egg white and put it on an english muffin with some sort of meat. I know Laila said the same thing but she is so right it just keeps you very full.

Julie-Tart, we all have sluggish days. Glad you got your polar yesterday.

Julie- I am looking forward to hearing your boss' reaction.

Deb, I also changed my ticker. I decided to put in yesterdays weight as my starting and I am starting from scratch. I think the 37 pounds to go seems inspiring. Can you Imagine that is how close you are to 100 lost. Think back to the beginning what a daunting task and you are right there.

Co girl, I have missed you too sister. Hope the business is treating you well.

Okay ladies, I am up to this. I have to run a report over to the school district for Ryan then I need to go to the store. After that I am doing my workout. Everyone keeps saying oh you cant' get a good workout on the wii but my abs and body are saying differently this morning. I am so sore..............But it feels GOOD!!!!

Just a little note about Ryan, I am so proud of him. Santa got him a movie called the letter factory because he was having trouble learning his letters. No matter how much I tried to pound it into his head. He knows almost ALL of his UPPER CASE LETTERS AND THE SOUNDS THAT THEY MAKE!!!!!!! He even showed me a lower case f and says "Momma that is a case f", I said "Your right smart boy that is a lower case f" I just thought it was so cute.... I am proud of my boy. I am so blessed. My 3 girls are so wonderful too. This whole experience with Ryan has taken a ton of my time and they have been sweet and supportive to me. They help Ry too. They all 3 are exceptional students and well behaved. Every teacher that has those girls tells me how great they are. I hardly ever brag about them but they deserve it. I am truly blessed!!!!!!
  • cris20056
    momma you are always making me cry when you talk about your family...:heart::heart:

I just finished reading the instructions for my new HRM that I got for Christmas. This is the Polar FT4..it has the strap which my old one didnt so I am excited to see the difference, if any!

I am doing the Shred on Tuesday thats what I decided on...
  • lildebbie
    momma - Glad ryan is doing great i know how much that makes you feel.

I am on edge with my girls...this weekened i am just to the limit with them (probably had alot to do with mega pms too!!!) Abby just won't behave she screams and just won't listen and just whines, it just gets on my last nerve...i just want her to be good and listen she crys about everything (but fake cry cause sometimes a few min later she just smiles at you)...I want this to pass cause i don't know how much more i can take...Serena is good "most' of the time we are having moments she just starts acting soo lazy. She does good at her b-ball games but the practices she is just soo tired she says (yet 20 min before she is running around the house) she has issues not listening and major additude when i tell her to do stuff.

Ladies who have kids ...any parenting suggestions...I am sure i am just super non-patient the last few days
  • cris20056
    Deb- My son is driving me insane, I know this doesnt help you but I am reading the "Happiest Toddler on the Block" and its really confusing me so I feel like a less than stellar parent lately....hello terrible 2's...sigh

Can someone explain to me how Shred works? I know it has 3 levels but it says to move to the next level once you are "ready" so do you jsut determine that for oyurself or are there workout on Level 1 that you go through the ngraduate to level 2? Or is level 1 the same workout over and over again? Sorry I was reading up on it and got confused...
  • lildebbie
    Deb- My son is driving me insane, I know this doesnt help you but I am reading the "Happiest Toddler on the Block" and its really confusing me so I feel like a less than stellar parent lately....hello terrible 2's...sigh

THanks cris...i am feeling soo below a good parent it isn't even funny...it seems all i do is yell i just get soo angry...she is 4 is 4 still a toddler?
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Cris-I think they say to move to the next level when you feel ready. I've never made it to level 3 cause I never felt ready. Once I stopped struggling with Level 1 I moved onto Level 2. Both are 20 minute workouts but very different. Same concept though. Each Level is the same but gets progressively harder as you advance. Level 1 is the same, level 2 is the same and level 3 is the same daily workout..I don't know if that makes sense. Each level is different but only 1 workout for each level. I think I talked myself in circles!

Deb-I can't give any parenting tips. But don't ever think your a bad mother. You definitely are not a bad mother. Everyone struggles. Nobody is a perfect parent and knows exactly what to do and can act 100% cool calm and collect all the time. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Cris, when I have done the Shred before I did 10 days at each level. That's actually not true, since I didn't actually finish it. :blushing: However, that was my plan. I also didn't do it everyday. I needed some break in there. If you can swing it, I'd try to get it in twice a week. Maybe on a weekend. It's only 28 min (including cool-down and stretching).
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I haven't read through all the posts from this morning yet (YAY!!!) but wanted to answer Jess's breakfast question.
    My "Oh crap I'm late" go-to is a tablespoon of PB (surprise! :laugh:) on a piece of whole grain bread & a piece of fruit. I've been having this like 75% of the time lately. Though this morning I had a 99 cent chicken burrito from Taco Bell. :laugh: If it wasn't for the fact that it contained an entire day's worth of sodium, it wouldn't have been *that* bad of a choice! :tongue:

I also do frozen waffles with cream cheese, oatmeal, boiled/micro-poached eggs & fruit, etc. And the Jimmy D-Light sandwiches are definitely pretty yummy. I've had the turkey sausage/eggwhite/cheese ones before.

Lauren -- My supervisor took the news *really* well. I walked into her office & said "Yeah, so I'm going to need some time off this summer because..." and whipped out an u/s picture. Before I even got to the picture, her eyes lit up & she could hardly contain herself. After I pulled out the picture, she squealed & ran to hug me & proceeded to announce the news to anyone she saw for the next 5 minutes. Then about 15 minutes later she started offering me all her 2nd hand baby stuff & advice on what classes to take & anything else she could think of pregnancy/baby related. :laugh:
  • lildebbie
    Julie - glad it went well telling your boss..
This discussion has been closed.