Over 200 New Year New ME Part 41

Replies

• ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    check in for today

Calories over by about 15 but I am good with that :smile:
    Water... did pretty well
    exercise... was busy giving massages most the day so at least I was not sitting on my tail :wink:
    Proud.. even though my husband did not eat what I fixed for dinner, I stuck to my guns and did not let it get to me (he dislikes healthy food)

I will check in tomorrow with you gals!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Checking in for today:
    Cals - Under = 1386 w/exercise
    Water - 120 oz
    Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise. I LOVED it. It was super fun. I didn't get a chance to put on my HRM (I was running late, the changing room was crowded, etc) so I used the Jazzercise estimate in the exercise calculator here. I checked a few other calculators and MFP has a lower estimate, so I'm feeling good. :happy:
    Proud - I think I did a great job keeping up with the class. I've done aerobics/jazzercise before, but that was years ago. It felt good to be able to be confident in following along.

Ladies, I know it's just "Day 2" for many of us on the "restart", but dang, it feels AMAZING to be back at this, doesn't it?
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Check In for Today:
    Calories- 1804 (had to be the puppy chow at the office)
    Water- 75oz
    Exercise- 15 minutes on bike & 15 minutes on elliptical
    Proud- I exercised when I didn't really want to (and a good thing or I wouldn't have burned most of the puppy chow off)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Calories: 1903 -- supposedly 187 under maintenance. Pretty much perfect for me & Cleatus right now.
    Exercise: None
    Water: 11 cups
    Proud: I logged all my food for the first time in weeks and weeks and weeks!

Edit: I apparently haven't gotten used to typing "11" yet. :embarassed:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Lauren - did you buy the groupon for St. Louis Jazzercise? I did too!!! If so, let's go together!
    Julie - good job at logging! Dr. Oz just said today that people who log their foods lose 50% more weight. So glad about the boss reaction.
    ladeb - great job exercising even when you didn't want to!
    meokk - OH MY WORD you are radiant in your wedding dress! You are so beautiful!
    Teresa - ROFL all this time I thought you were the other woman in your profile pic! OOOP! Nice pic!
    Momma - You go girl with that exercise!
    Jess - did your mom agree and hide the scale? I love that! I am PETRIFIED to get back on, but I know that I have to in order to face reality. Ugh. I prefer living in Oz.
    Cris - you ROCK for restarting c25k!!! Congrats on the Polar!
    Heather - good job starting up the journal. Exactly how do you do it? Write your emotions, or log when you have cravings? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Deb - You are a wonderful parent, don't ever doubt it. January is a tough time for kids because getting back into routines is difficult. Sorry to hear about the packages.
    COGirl - Hurray for willpower! I am slowly getting it back, too!
    Tart - I know I had some serious crashes when I reduced caffeine. Hang in there! Congrats on the Polar! I LOVE mine!
    Laila - so happy to see you! So I am confused - are you happy your little one is in pre-school, or are you sad? So I'll answer both: Yay! and Awe, sorry. :tongue:

DAY TWO of Teacher of the Year: no different than day one! :laugh:

check in:
    cals: OK
    water: 100 - made it!
    exercise: 15 minute walk
    proud: I am getting my mojo back! :bigsmile:
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Morning ladies! Happy Wednesday :)

Off to a pretty good start today, the youngest one (she's 3) ran back up on the porch this morning as they were leaving to "give her Resa one more hug" oh gosh... (I'll be surprised if the neighbors couldn't hear the ovaries thumping hahahaha)

Almost done pre-puppy proofing the house (I'm sure he'll be glad to show me all the things I missed once he gets here haha).

So no megamillions winners here.... lame people in Washington and Idaho won. Adam told me this morning that no one from Illinois has EVER won it. I call shenanigans!!

Lauren - I totally agree, it's GREAT to see everyone so motivated! It's very contagious!

Nancy - haha I guess I never really made the distinction between the two people in my previous picture :) The other woman is my mom (IE me in 20 years). PS - I love your glasses! I was in a musical a couple years ago with a woman who had the GREATEST glasses collection I've ever seen. She had a different pair every rehearsal.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories - Under!
    Water - Over!
    Exercise - None officially, but I got my kitchen cleaned (floor scrubbing included) and took all (four bags) of the donation clothes to the donation box.
    Proud - There is ice cream in the freezer... I didn't have enough calories left over yesterday to have any, so I didn't! :)
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    MOmma and Laiala - Thanks alot. I think my mega dose of PMS was making everthing worse...I have to remember that the more i get upset just makes the situation worse. Last night abby was throwing a fit and screaming for me to help her and i just sat there and told her i wouldn't help her till she c almed down she eventually calmed down and i helped her.. I am really glad she is going to be a Late K, i can't see her going to school in 9 months., she will have a whole another year to mature and get ready for big girl school

Very sad yesterday. A friend of my hsubands, he works with him now , and used to work with him at his old job, had to resign yesterday. He has been sick and found out he had lots of tumors in his pancreas. He is refusing any treatment and is going to live out his last time with his family, take them on vacation and enjoy his last days. IT is very sad...I had bad dreams all last night and kept waking up dreaming that DH was sick and was in the same situations , then all his family was donatingall their crap to us (not sure what that was about ).

So last night i got a call from another persoinal trainer, not the one that called me the 1st time but i guess since i didn't scnedule they just go through the people who have open trainers. This one is with a girl so i just scheduled with her.

I am getting 2 1hr , i am doing my 1st one today at 11. Little nervous , never had a PT before. HOpefully she is good...really want strength stuff , i mean i don't want to spend an hour on the cardio equipment
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Check in: 1/4/11
    Calorie: 1500 ( ate all my exercise calories)
    exercise: 25 minutes walked/joged outside ( it was cold..brrr!)
    water: about 12 cups
    proud: I fulled my body with good calories, even though I was over..

Meokk: You are so beautiful in your wedding dress!

Blue: I have mixed feeling when I send my son to preschool. Sometimes when he is with me and very, very active and acting up...this time I can't wait to send him to school becase he is not like that in school. He know to behave when he is at school. And the teacher tells me all the time he is the comedian of the class...he is always joking and making people laught by his actions. And when I send him, I can't wait to go pick him up because I miss him so much.
    Yesterday, I picked him up a little early around 2:15 and the class lets out at 2:30pm. in the car he tells me "why did I come to pick him up...class is not done....I didn't do circle time." I told him sorrry I will remember to pick you up at exactly 2:30... That's my lil guy...lol

off to upload my food
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories - Under!
    Water - Over!
    Exercise - None officially, but I got my kitchen cleaned (floor scrubbing included) and took all (four bags) of the donation clothes to the donation box.
    Proud - There is ice cream in the freezer... I didn't have enough calories left over yesterday to have any, so I didn't! :)

Tstout: can you send of that willpower my way? I would have ate the ice cream..maybe that is why I am still fat...I give in too early..lol
  • lildebbie
    Check in 01/04/2011 -

Calories - Under with all my cals and 1/2 of my exercise cals or a little mor than have
    Water - BAD :sad: like 3 cups
    Exercise - 50 min arc tainer - 464 calories burn
    Proud : I am getting back into the swing of things and more determined than ever

Very excited i am seeing the scale move down...this morning it was down to 252.8 , i am now like 10 lbs from my lowest.
  • Good Morning everyone!! I am so tired. My Daughter Anna went back to school on Monday and I am still trying to get used to getting up early again. It's kicking my behind. I have to get motivated and get on my bike and do some exercise b/c I didn't do any yesterday. I know that once I do get on it I will enjoy it and feel so much better afterwards but I am dragging behind this morning. I will do it b/c I want this so bad. Anyways, I hope you all have a great day!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Momma - So, glad you are back, you are such an inspiration!
    Lauren - Jazzercise sounds like lots of fun!
    lil deb - Hang in there. One day those girls will be grown and you will look back and wonder how the time went so fast!
    meokk - You were gorgeous in that beautiful wedding dress! thanks for sharing!
    Teresa - Love the pic
    Jess - Nice to see you making progress!
    Cris - I am thrilled you are back to! You will do great, let us know if that new HRM makes a diff.
    Julie - It's great your boss reacted so positive! :smile:
    Heather -Journal.. I totally forgot about that! I think my step mother use to do that and over the course of a a few month she really got into shape and lost a ton of weight.
    Tart - good to see you here making progress
    Laila - enjoy that lil one! they grow too fast! Keep up the great work!
    Blue - I have missed your wittiness, nice to see you back!

Sorry if I missed any of you, It is great to be back and have the gang all together again! Nothing like renewal!

Today, I am going to attempt to get a lil exercise in, get some more paperwork done, go grocery shopping, get to work, and possibly fix dinner (one that my honey will eat, although I am still cooking healthy, he can fix him self something else if he is going to be too picky :tongue: ) So, I guess today will be my 1st official day of being back to what is normal (since normal is never normal) I will check back in as the day progresses!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    love that the boards are so busy again! Everybody is doing so great!

Lauren-I'm right there with you with heading to bathroom frequently!

blue-My mom did agree to hide the scale. I went home and checked last night and it was gone. I told her under no circumstances does she give it to me before Friday morning or Thursday night! I'm so anxious to see if I lost anything. I think if I didn't I'm going to be crushed. I know it takes time though.

tstout-I love your profile! You look adorable! Puppy proofing the house? Good times!! I'm glad my dog isn't a puppy anymore. I wasn't a very good Mom when she was a puppy unfortunately so it took me extra long to train her. Now she's a wonderful dog! Way to go on the willpower for the ice cream. That's amazing. I can't wait till all the cookies are out of my house!

Deb-Enjoy your PT sessions your going to gain so much knowledge! Just tell them you want to focus on strength. When I went it was a combo of both. Kinda like the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout DVD or 30 Day Shred. So sorry to hear about your hubbys co worker. Breaks my heart!

CoGirl-I'm so proud of you for sticking your grounds when your hubby wouldn't eat what you cooked. Your making better choices for you and your family.

Check in 1/4/2011
    Calories: 1422
    Water: 11 cups
    Exercise: 28 minutse on the elliptical and then I did a set of chest press and then had a competition with my best friend to see who could leg and chest press the most. I've got the upper body strength and she has the lower..haha..this is what happens when we go to the gym together
    Proud: That I didn't stuff my face all day yesterday like I did the day before!! YAY WIN!

I had a delicious turkey bacon BLT this morning. It was delicious! I bought some kashi oatmeal..I think I'm set on breakfast foods!
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    checking in for yesterday :)

calories - about 100 under
    exercise - 30 mins interval walking and running
    water - 10 glasses
    proud - Doing really well with balancing my work, family time, and exercise so far this year!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Love that we are all so chatty!

Nancy, I got the Groupon for here in NYC. Only in STL occasionally. But I would have loved to rock out with you! You should go - it was super fun. I like that you can do as much as you want. You want to march the whole time? No problem. You want to be crazy-agressive and put a hop inbetween everything? Go for it!

Teresa, if that gorgeous profile pic is 30 lbs ago, we need an updated one!

Deb, glad you're taking advantage of your PT sessions. I think it's totally fine to let her know what you want her help with. I would tell her what you already do for cardio and ask how to build more strength in. I've just re-read Jess's post - this is exactly the same advice. But I've already typed it, so it's staying! HA!

Jess, glad you're on the breakfast bandwagon.

CoGirl, agreed on making your hubby eat what you are eating. I worry about my hubby because he is definitely overweight and doesn't seem to care. In fact, he almost revels in it! We have been paying for his gym membership for years now ($240/year) and I have no idea when the last time he went.

Minor hubby rant/funny story: This morning he was running late to work (he leaves about when I get up) and I asked if he had packed his lunch. I made lasagna on Sunday night so we would have lunches this week. He works down in the Financial District which means that lunch is at least $10! That's just silly. So I'm half-asleep and still in bed and call out, "Did you pack your lunch?" He replies, "No, I don't have time." I immediately thought, "Well you're not going to spend an unnecessary $10 because you don't have 1 min to pack your lunch!" and jumped right out of bed. He was getting ready to head out and asked, "What are you doing?" I answered, "Packing your lunch." He disappeared to the basement to check on his beer and when he came back up and I was holding the tupperware for him. I just gave it to him, turned around, and walked to the shower. When I got to work, I realized that I might have been a little rough and apologized for shoving lasagna in his arms as he walked out the door. Bless his heart, he didn't even act like I was a crazy person but thanked me for getting his lunch! Too funny!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Lauren -- too funny about the lasagna/lunch. I don't blame you, though! $10 is recockulous (right?)!
    Jess -- your breakfast has me craving bacon like mad! I don't have any at home but it's now officially on my shopping list. :laugh:
    Jenn -- I'm so glad you're back & balancing all the parts of your life so well!
    Dawn -- Way to go putting your foot down with hubby! My dh is usually good about eating whatever I make but if I get in a rut, he grumbles a bit. I always just say "You are completely welcome to make something for yourself!" and he ALWAYS shuts up & eats it. :laugh: He's lazy more than he wants variety/bad food, apparently.
    Laura -- Get on your bike & ride! (I channeled Freddie Mercury)

I've logged my food again today, hooray! I've apparently found my head. Eating healthier seems pretty easy for me again all of a sudden. It's really just all in the planning for me, I think. If I plan a healthy dinner, I'm very likely to stick with it. If I don't plan anything, I'm very likely to be really really bad. So, it's back to planning dinners & trying new recipes for me.
  • Lauren -- too funny about the lasagna/lunch. I don't blame you, though! $10 is recockulous (right?)!
    Jess -- your breakfast has me craving bacon like mad! I don't have any at home but it's now officially on my shopping list. :laugh:
    Jenn -- I'm so glad you're back & balancing all the parts of your life so well!
    Dawn -- Way to go putting your foot down with hubby! My dh is usually good about eating whatever I make but if I get in a rut, he grumbles a bit. I always just say "You are completely welcome to make something for yourself!" and he ALWAYS shuts up & eats it. :laugh: He's lazy more than he wants variety/bad food, apparently.
    Laura -- Get on your bike & ride! (I channeled Freddie Mercury)

I've logged my food again today, hooray! I've apparently found my head. Eating healthier seems pretty easy for me again all of a sudden. It's really just all in the planning for me, I think. If I plan a healthy dinner, I'm very likely to stick with it. If I don't plan anything, I'm very likely to be really really bad. So, it's back to planning dinners & trying new recipes for me.

Julie I did it. I rode the thing even though I didn't want to or feel like it b/c I am so tired. I did 30 minutes and burned 434 calories!! I am proud of myself and now I feel great!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Julie-I'm completely with you on planning. If I don't plan I eat bad. If I plan and keep looking for new ideas then I do better. Someone posted a thread last week about spinach stuff chicken...I can't wait to try it! Enjoy your bacon! :bigsmile:

R2L-Great job on getting on the bike and working out!

Lauren-I love your story about your hubby! I'd be doing the same thing in your situation. That's a lot for lunch.

I have started the dreaded swimsuit shopping for Mexico. I did NOT want to do this with a weight GAIN! My clothes pretty much fit the same as they did before so I'm not too too worried. I will be checking Landend Heather. I want a variety for Mexico. But I don't want to spend too much since I may never wear them again. I goto ne from fashion bug online for $20 and had it shipped to a store for free shipping! YAY! I'm feeling ambitious and ordered a 16. A size smaller then I was wearing last summer. I'm most concerned about my boobs and tummy fitting into it. Here's to hoping! Motivation right!? :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • lildebbie
    40 min till pt appt..I am going to wear my hrm but i have a feeling i am not really going to burn as much as i usally do at lunch so i may end up going over today on cals but that is okay hopefully i will get some valuable info to start toning some.
  • RedneckWmn
    40 min till pt appt..I am going to wear my hrm but i have a feeling i am not really going to burn as much as i usally do at lunch so i may end up going over today on cals but that is okay hopefully i will get some valuable info to start toning some.

If your personal trainer was anything like the whole 1 session I had you will still be burning some calories and you will definitely be feeling the burn at the same time. can't wait to hear all about it!!
This discussion has been closed.