Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Options

Replies

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Y'all so angry and mean. Probably from all those empty carbs you fit into your calorie allowances :P

I've actually never met a bigger bunch of mean spirited hungry people who will defend their right to eat McDonalds and Pizza while attacking anyone and everyone who dares post a comment or question on the forum.

Maybe you should try reducing the junkfood a little, make sure you get enough protein, and upping the saturated fat in your diet. You'll feel so much better, and alot less *****y and judgemental.

<3

Yes, judging people for not eating exactly like you is being b!tchy...

If you want to eat whatever you're definition of "clean" is, go for it. No one here has said that you can't. But you and the OP sitting there being all high and mighty because you've chosen not to eat "junk", just makes you seem pompous.

Personal food decisions of others have no affect on you, so why try to make people feel bad over it?

And for the record, I eat plenty of protein and saturated fat. I'm actually really good at hitting my macros and I've lost over 70lbs doing it. Know what my lunch was yesterday, a chicken burger and onion rings from A&W. THE (delicious) HORROR.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Also,

"Bullet Proof Coffee" is NOT Paleo.

It's a Hipster trend. A phase.

Paleo is based on how Cavemen ate.

Last I checked...

Cavemen didn't have coffee-pots...

or butter...

You know, seriously. I've not done like a great deal of research into all of that, but my question would be, is there honestly *anything* around now, that our ancestors of that time period actually ate? You know, I'd imagined most, if not all of the plant life has evolved, as have the animals. Many are extinct (animals), and, quite frankly, I just don't get it. I mean, you know, if it's floating someone's boat, float away, go on down that river, but I haven't been able to wrap my head around it.

PS: How are you feeling? I've been worried!!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    If the person had one mcdonalds meal in their diary i cant see whats the harm. If they ate 10 big macs in one day then thats a separate issue. Its these type of conversations about good food bad food that makes people starting out make drastic cuts. This is the very reason you see people making those posts about cant eat 1200, its because they have labelled foods as bad and dont know what to eat any more.

I used to eat fast food almost every day blindly not knowing how many calories are in these foods. I now still eat them but not as much as i used to. I believe its about cutting down not cutting out.

I like mcdonalds please get over it. :yawn:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Also,

Last I checked...

or butter...

I like butter and I like coffee. The two do not mix. I tried. :sick:
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Why does Pizza always get treated like the Red Headed Step Child of the "diet" world?

Seriously?

I'm a Runner and Pizza is PERFECTION!

Carbs, Calcium, Protein, Fat, Sodium, Sugar....

OMFG.

gosh trying to imagine never eating pizza again. thats just awful.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Also,

Last I checked...

or butter...

I like butter and I like coffee. The two do not mix. I tried. :sick:

1399553360450.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Why does Pizza always get treated like the Red Headed Step Child of the "diet" world?

Seriously?

OMFG.

I don't get why pizza gets such a bum wrap. It's bread, cheese, meat and veg.

Ok, sometimes its bread, cheese, cheese, meat, cheese and meat, but either way, if you take its individual ingredients apart, its just... food? Reasonably balanced food? I mean OK, I can kill my calories with a cheesy crust pepperoni lovers BUT more often I have a supreme from the local shop. How is that any worse than a meat, cheese and vegie sandwich? (which OP would likely praise me for eating).

Food for thought...
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm just editing this to delete what I said. Yeh, that.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if you try to deprive me of pizza when I am PMSing there is a possibility I will hurt you. Everything in moderation! If I go overboard, I train it off.

Sure, I lost a ton of weight before very quickly by deprivation - but guess what... 4 stone off, 3 stone back on! For me, it doesn't work.

For the first time I am enjoying dieting, and feeling good. It works, so why change a winning formula? Junk food is included in that formula.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    first of all, my diary is open to my friends for meal inspiration and ideas, not so they can judge me aloud about how i choose to fill my calorie goal.

second, i am willing to answer questions or offer advice to queries my friends post, but not to offer advice that they didnt ask for about what they should eat. that would make me one damn annoying friend.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    unless it's every meal or every day, I don't see why I'd need to nag about it.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    And now I'm hungry for pizza :laugh:
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm having pot roast and corn on the cob in about an hour...I can just imagine the judgment coming from him on that! Somehow, some way, I think I'll survive...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

So Mr OP you think we should judge everyone's food diary... well I looked at yours and why is a 43 year old man eating 1326 calories today?

Luckily you and I aren't friends... you would hate seeing me post about my baking & ice cream making adventures
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I will not be admonished by anyone if i take my 9 year old to McDonald's or Burger King for a fun day.

"Sorry honey, it might make a person on MFP mad I eat this. They might say mean things to me." Now you're messing with momma bear!!

OP you obviously are too restrictive and unhappy
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Seriously, if you try to deprive me of pizza when I am PMSing there is a possibility I will hurt you. Everything in moderation! If I go overboard, I train it off.

Sure, I lost a ton of weight before very quickly by deprivation - but guess what... 4 stone off, 3 stone back on! For me, it doesn't work.

For the first time I am enjoying dieting, and feeling good. It works, so why change a winning formula? Junk food is included in that formula.

agreed.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

Seriously?

OMFG.

I don't get why pizza gets such a bum wrap. It's bread, cheese, meat and veg.

Ok, sometimes its bread, cheese, cheese, meat, cheese and meat, but either way, if you take its individual ingredients apart, its just... food? Reasonably balanced food? I mean OK, I can kill my calories with a cheesy crust pepperoni lovers BUT more often I have a supreme from the local shop. How is that any worse than a meat, cheese and vegie sandwich? (which OP would likely praise me for eating).

Food for thought...

when its made in those stone ovens its just wonderful.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)
    so you're saying people are making unhealthy choices but you think you as a 43 yr old man averaging 1400 calories a day is healthy? Glass houses and stones comes to mind
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I don't care about people logging these foods you deem unhealthy. I do care about people constantly logging less than 1000 or saying that their goal is to be at an unhealthy weight level.

Hitting like or saying good job to that type of a status update is what I would consider congratulating bad decisions.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Even if someone has had a 'bad' day and fallen off the wagon, the fact that they've logged it all, been honest with themselves and not allowed themselves to hide from what theyve eaten is laudible and actually a lot of times much, much harder than it sounds. If i had an off day and someone decided to start berating me for my poor food choices that person would be getting a piece of my mind.

It's fine if that is what your MFP friends have ASKED you to do, but to start randomly judging other people's food diaries is not supportive, and often not helpful at all