Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Options

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I didn't know I had a "job". I didn't know that being here and making friends meant that I'm supposed to judge them. I didn't know that people might judge me for blindly saying positive things to my mfp friends. Now I'm all confused. :frown:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Please elaborate.

Elaborate on what? *scratches head with a blank look*:huh:

Elaborate in the snickers pleasure of course!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You know there's a way to burn the McDonald's calories even before they are consumed right?

Maybe your FL person is doing just that.

ciga-fry.jpg

Maybe I should've just been smoking these all along. It would've saved me a WHOLE lot of money, but I'm not sure which one would've been worse? The fry, or the cigarette? ponders
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Looking at my logs, In July ( a heavy fast food month for me) I'd guess AT LEAST 60% of my meals came from Wendy's, Arby's MickyDees and Taco Bell. I Lost 9 pounds that month, felt fine doing it, and enjoyed every sodium filled calorie doing it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm new around here and I don't always make the best choices and I'm not sure how this whole calorie thing works. I do know that I almost never make my calorie goal,meaning I'm always under. I don't snack,I just don't get hungry. My weight gain is another issue entirely different. My doctor says I don't eat enough. Since she told me that I've been forcing myself to eat more. I'm actually losing. I might eat a banana for breakfast and maybe an orange for lunch,not much right? But more than I did before. So now at the end of the day my diary says I still have 800 calories left and I have a 1200 calorie limit. So who cares if I decide to eat out and use most of them on a burger? Like I said. I'm new to calorie counting and that may be a bad way to use them but I know if I don't the thing comes on and says how unhealthy it is to not consume all your calories. So bad choices maybe,but helpful,not critical advice is okay.

My personal opinion is that the hierarchy goes like this:

Most important-- hit your calorie goal, plus or minus 100
    Second-- make sure your macro-nutrients are balanced. That is, are you getting enough protein and fat?
    Third-- Work on hitting micro-nutrient targets. Things like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron etc.

Don't expect to jump to step three on day one. Just start with your calorie goal and figuring out how to hit it. That takes a little work-- you have to figure out which foods will be most satisfying and how to space out your calories for the most benefit. But it's okay for the process to take time. Just keep working at it and you'll be fine.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them.

According to who?

I know exactly what I've logged, because, hey, I'm the one who logged it. I don't need or want a nagmeister telling me what I already know, that's not what my friends list is for.
  • Miss_1999
    Options
    Please elaborate.

I'm thinking they might be hatin' on the Snickers, and needing details on the tastiness of it all. What's not to love about Chocolate AND peanuts? I gotta admit, I do like the almond ones, though. :drinker:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You know the ironic thing, because fast food copped so much crap, they had to put up their nutritional info and because of that, when I have to buy lunch, I'll often go for fast food rather than the "healthier" looking salad place because I know how to track it and know what I'm eating. Not to mention, the "healthy" salads can run upwards of 800 calories.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Looking at my logs, In July ( a heavy fast food month for me) I'd guess AT LEAST 60% of my meals came from Wendy's, Arby's MickyDees and Taco Bell. I Lost 9 pounds that month, felt fine doing it, and enjoyed every sodium filled calorie doing it.

Some people enjoy much success with this. You know the calorie content, you only way what you order, etc. Whereas if I make something at home, there's find of left overs. Idh to eat them but they exist. I can. And might. Fast food is easy portion control.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Y'all so angry and mean. Probably from all those empty carbs you fit into your calorie allowances :P

I've actually never met a bigger bunch of mean spirited hungry people who will defend their right to eat McDonalds and Pizza while attacking anyone and everyone who dares post a comment or question on the forum.

Maybe you should try reducing the junkfood a little, make sure you get enough protein, and upping the saturated fat in your diet. You'll feel so much better, and alot less *****y and judgemental.

<3
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Please elaborate.

I'm thinking they might be hatin' on the Snickers, and needing details on the tastiness of it all. What's not to love about Chocolate AND peanuts? I gotta admit, I do like the almond ones, though. :drinker:

In all honesty I don't think I can elaborate. I was caught up in the ultimate foodgasmicality of it that my tastebuds lost consciousness. The experience was so exceedingly spectacular that I simply had to suppress the memory for sanity's sake.

But...I know I enjoyed it.:smile:
  • northbanu
    Options
    Please elaborate.

Elaborate about the pleasures of Snickers.
    .....Slowly.
    .....In great detail.
    .....In a breathy voice.
    PLEASE:blushing:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Please elaborate.

yes, that.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    That's it. I'm going to Wendy's tomorrow.

giphy.gif

I think I'll hold OP accountable for it. :glasses:
  • northbanu
    Options
    Speaking of the OP, where'd that MuthaFuggah go?
  • Miss_1999
    Options
    Please elaborate.

In all honesty I don't think I can elaborate. I was caught up in the ultimate foodgasmicality of it that my tastebuds lost consciousness and suppressed the memory. But...I know I enjoyed it.:smile:

For. Real! :happy: I'm thinking now I might have to go get me a Snickers Almond tomorrow and fit one in somewhere. I usually try to do those, or anything extra on Tuesdays, when I have ballet, but what the hay! If it fits in, it's all good!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    OP: Who made you the diary police? Why do you think it is your place to tell people what their goals should or shouldn't be?
    Personally, I "like" when my friends stay under their calorie goal for the day, regardless of what food the entered, because their stayed at a deficit and that means they are losing weight! And sometimes I "like" their food diary entry because of their honesty because at least they are here, being accountable and logging in the first place. I don't care who you are, we have all had days/weeks/years where we ate horribly. I know when I have polished off half a package of Oreos, I don't really want to log it (and some people don't) because it is embarrassing, especially if you have an open diary. But for those MPFers who do log every bite, good or bad, good for them! I am not about to shame someone for having poor eating choices, because I do too sometimes. We all need encouragement, and it's people like you who make us feel inadequate. YOU don't have to encourage and congratulate your friends on MFP, but don't worry about what others do.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Please elaborate.

In all honesty I don't think I can elaborate. I was caught up in the ultimate foodgasmicality of it that my tastebuds lost consciousness and suppressed the memory. But...I know I enjoyed it.:smile:

For. Real! :happy: I'm thinking now I might have to go get me a Snickers Almond tomorrow and fit one in somewhere. I usually try to do those, or anything extra on Tuesdays, when I have ballet, but what the hay! If it fits in, it's all good!

*juvenilegigglegigglegiggle*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Please elaborate.

tumblr_mlob7idxEI1rmvfheo1_250.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Please elaborate.

cheryllaugh.gif?w=633

Dying here. Sorry. I'm so horrible. Oh man.