Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I suspect you and I would not get along.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    This is why my diary is closed.

Me too. Yesterday I had two cookies--this was after a healthy dinner and 75 minutes at the gym. Last week I lost just over two pounds and I'm expecting something close when I weight in on Monday. The occasional cookie won't hurt my progress and keeps me on track overall.

6 Girl Scout cookies tonight.

I was under my calorie goal too, so it's really not a big deal to me.
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    N6uZV.gif
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Everyone here has different goals, and also different ideas of what is a "bad choice" or good choice.

I eat what I want, as long as it fits in my macros. So yes, that sometimes includes a treat meal of ice cream, brownies, or whatever I want. Honestly, I could care less what people think of my diet. It works for me.
    It's not my place to judge someone because they ate McDonalds, everyone has a different situation. And honestly, I think it is a good job that they still logged it anyway.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You should add me. I look forward to the stern lectures as I log my beer and pizza.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yeah....
    Unless the person has made it clear that they don't want to eat fast food, you should probably just not say anything.

I'm travelling for work right now, at least one meal a day I'm eating out -- if you were on my friends list and said something about it, I'd probably just delete you, because I'm working my *kitten* off to stay within my macros/calories right now with the situation I'm in.

Even when I'm home, I still participate in pizza fridays with the boyfriend. Why? I love cuddling with my SO while nomming some delicious pizza. And there's no reason I can't eat it so long as it fits in my day.
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)

Screw you.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    This is a bit of a problem around here.

Too many times I see a diary full of McDonalds, and other junk, sweeties and pastries and so called "friends" like the diary and say things like "Great Logging!", "Well done!", or "Yummy day!".

We are all here to encourage each other to become healthier. If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them. Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of my friends on MFP. Be hard on me if you see a slice of Pizza or a McDonalds happy meal on my diary!

It's time to stop blindly congratulating people on making bad choices that can ultimately lead to lower quality of life and ultimately, death!

Edit: I know I sound grumpy and normally I am not. Just concerned that's all :)
    Screw you.

:indifferent:
    :wink:
    :laugh:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    If your MFP friend is falling off the wagon, it is your job to remind them that they are making a choice that is bad for them.

Maybe they are letting old ways creep back in without realising it?

Do your friends a favour and let them know that they are going wrong.

No, no and absolutely not. Who are you (or anyone) to judge what I (or anyone) eats? Am I not a grownup who can make those choices all by myself? And do you really think that I don't know eating a package of oreos wasn't the healthiest choice?

My mfp friends are the epitome of awesome support-and not one has lectured me about a food choice. Ever.
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This probably didn't go as you hoped. Not everyone here has the same goal in mind.

Those are the best types of threads :D
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Screw you.

:laugh: *claps hands like Mama Klump in the Nutty Professor*
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    AND.....
    Ultimately, life leads to death.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Screw you.

Ow.gif

:drinker:
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    well have different styles of eating. you may think pizza is a bad choice, but for people that count calories and dont believe in depriving themselves its ok. they fit it into their day.. as long as they fit their macros and have no issues with pizza. life is meant to be enjoyed. so some people believe in moderation not deprivation.

just because you see it as a bad choice doesn't mean its a bad choice to other people. you cant make that judgement. you dont know where they started.. they may have used to eat 5 slices of pizza, but now they have a slice of pizza and a salad. thats a big step for them.. this journey is full of baby steps.

some people believe in the all or nothing approach and most people burn out on that really quick.

i do not give advice on people diary's unless they ask me for it.. even than i tread lightly. because i eat extremely clean. i have alot of health issues with sensitivities so im mostly plant based, but i dont expect everyone to eat like me.

we all have to find what works for each of us. its not my place to tell someone they are doing something wrong.

i mean i could tell Sara. damn girl your eating 12 scoops of ice cream i believe it was and you chug coffee like its water.. lol thats wrong. that's not healthy, but i wont do that .. 1. because sara is badass. shes healthy.. she knows what fits into her plan. and health and fitness isn't about being miserable. you know i love you girl.. i couldn't resist lol

but seriously. your friends know what works for them. and if they are making wrong choices they know they are. you are not going to change they're mind by telling them dont do that.. they have to own their choices. wrong or right its their choice to make.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    mcdonald-amp-039-s-drive-through-taken-seriusly_o_2908655.jpg
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    In to see where this goes

2014-09-04-tumblr_inline_mp0a2rhNuT1qz4rgp.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    funny-mcdonalds-drive-thru.jpg
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    If I have sweeties or pastry I'm not falling off the wagon, I'm just sweetening up the wagon.